Sign in to follow this  
Guest Death List Observer

Lady Bird Johnson

Guest iain
^ Yeah, true. Now that I think hard at it, he could possibly live until 2008-2009. Now we just have to have a forum topic for Lady Johnson, the wife of the 36th president. She still isn't dead!!! She is 94 years old, though. She must pass away soon.

do you have any specific info on her state of health?

Now we just have to have a forum topic for Lady Johnson, the wife of the 36th president.

do you have any specific info on her state of health?

Iain, and for that matter, Kristen, why don't you check the Lady Bird Johnson thread, here. <_<:angry:

[Posts moved -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

No health news, but this article made me smile.

Lady Bird Johnson in sports ticketing scam

<_<

hmmm a 94 yr old in a ticketing scam... makes me wonder if they got the names mixed up and were intending to report about my friend's gran. She cheats constantly when playing Shanghai Rummy

During an hour-long presentation, Robb volunteered details on many topics:

■ The health status of her mother, Lady Bird Johnson.

“Mother is 93,” Robb said, adding that she is “not in very good health.”

The former first lady suffers from macular degeneration and cannot see, Robb said. Also because of a stroke several years ago, she is unable to speak. Still, Robb and her sister read to their mother and talk to her.

Now, if only we could arrange some time consuming committments for her devoted family......

I was considering remarking on a prediction/preminition that I had about LBJ dying by month's end, but I didn't want to sound like either iain or a "post-whore" while doing it. Do we have a thread specifically for fun predictions (I checked around, and a lot of the "psychic" threads are ancient and don't really serve the purpose)? Should we start one? Does the lack of one indicate that we shouldn't? I know I've argued that people should only post interesting (with a broad definition) material, but if we had a thread where we all made predictions, would that be interesting? Maybe this isn't the proper place to be discussing this, but if I started a different thread to discuss starting a thread, it would sort of defeat the purpose (if the mods happen to know a better place for this, please move it there and bump the old thread to the top of the board).

Or is this whole forum just a sort of quasi-method of expressing our predictions? :D

Oh yeah and uh... since LBJ is the least healthy of my 8 remaining Rotten Deadpool picks, and since it'd be ideal to have one more hit before May 22, I'm thinking that blind and unable to talk means that her time may be up very soon...

Not to mention the fact that it is my birthday next week.

Not to mention the fact that it is my birthday next week.

Yeah, yeah , yeah......I already acknowledged it up in the other page in the birthday thread.

On another note the last posting in this topic by Mr.Not-A-Pomme was on May 11 which incidentally was the date of my dear grammama's death passing several years past.

I think the hands on Lady Bird Johnsons clock are moving very rapidly. Shouldn't be long.

I think the hands on Lady Bird Johnsons clock are moving very rapidly. Shouldn't be long.

What does the lenght of the clock hands have to do with it? Isn't time the same no matter what?

Isn't time the same no matter what?

Of course not. Try sitting for an hour on a hote stove rather than in a comfy chair. :P

regards,

Hein

I have been supplied with information regarding Mrs. Johnson; however, due to a confidentiality clause in my contract I am unable to say much beyond letting all you fine people know she is currently working on her holiday card list.

I have been supplied with information regarding Mrs. Johnson; however, due to a confidentiality clause in my contract I am unable to say much beyond letting all you fine people know she is currently working on her holiday card list.

Who the hell starts writing Christmas cards in May?

Now we know she's going senile.

Who the hell starts writing Christmas cards in May?

That's holiday card list, not Xmas card list.

Now we know she's going senile.

That list can't be so long, anyway. Almost everyone she knew is dead. :angry:

regards,

Hein

"Holidays" is what the Americans call Christmas when they are trying to be politically correct.

Ironically enough, a state of affairs which doesn't arise all that often in reality.

"Holidays" is what the Americans call Christmas when they are trying to be politically correct.

Ironically enough, a state of affairs which doesn't arise all that often in reality.

A genius statement that is.

Mrs. Johnson was listed as an honorary palbearer at the funeral of former TX Sen. Lloyd Bentsen last week. Her daugter Luci was in attendance, but it is unclear whether her mother was actually at the funeral.

Would there soon be accompanuying spplied photos of the event? It was surprising to me and I would susopect to many that Lloyd went befgore Layd Bird but not entireely unexpected considering his terrible decline inb health in recente yearsd while hers has remained soemwwhat stableized.

I have been able to find no photos or any kind of confirmation that Mrs. Johnson attended the Bentsen funeral. I did watch a clip of the funeral on the news and with all of the politicians and all there, it might as well have been a dress rehearsal for her own funeral!

I have been able to find no photos or any kind of confirmation that Mrs. Johnson attended the Bentsen funeral. I did watch a clip of the funeral on the news and with all of the politicians and all there, it might as well have been a dress rehearsal for her own funeral!

Was she wearing something fashion-worthy?

Mrs. Johnson was listed as an honorary palbearer at the funeral of former TX Sen. Lloyd Bentsen last week. Her daugter Luci was in attendance, but it is unclear whether her mother was actually at the funeral.

The Wikipedia is even uncertain wheather she was there or not. Although her deteriating seems very clear...

Can someome explain the point of honourary pall bearers?

Can someome explain the point of honourary pall bearers?

If I'm not mistaken, it's sort of an honourary thing to be a pall bearer in general. In fact, in many cultures, the pall bearers themselves never actually touch the casket, that job is left to someone else. In the United States, I'm guessing that being an honourary pall bearer recognizes your connection to the deceased, but also the fact that you shouldn't be lifting him off the ground. A regular pall bearer would symbolize you lifting the deceased up from earth and bringing them to heaven. If you're not religious, it's just more of a tradition thing.

According to the Smithsonian, Lady Bird Johnson is now the second longest lived former occupant of the White House after Bess Truman who died at 97 in 1982.

According to the Smithsonian, Lady Bird Johnson is now the second longest lived former occupant of the White House after Bess Truman who died at 97 in 1982.

You don't say! Now, it would also behoove you to inform us of the average age attained prior to demise of all of these women. While you are at it, would you be so kind as to run a comparison list of their ages as opposed to the age reached of women who are wed to Presidents of other nations? Gavin loves having these extra rare tidbits of information available at all times and if you supply it he shall be most eternally grateful.

You don't say! Now, it would also behoove you to inform us of the average age attained prior to demise of all of these women.

Martha Dandridge Custis Washington Age at Death: 70

Abigail Smith Adams Age at Death: 73

Martha Wayles Skelton Jefferson Age at Death: 33

Dolley Payne Todd Madison Age at Death: 81

Elizabeth Kortright Monroe Age at Death: 62

Louisa Catherine Johnson Adams Age at Death: 77

Rachel Donelson Jackson Age at Death: 61

Hannah Hoes Van Buren Age at Death: 35

Anna Symmes Harrison Age at Death: 88

Letitia Christian Tyler Age at Death: 51

Julia Gardiner Tyler Age at Death: 69

Sarah Childress Polk Age at Death: 69