Sign in to follow this  
Lady Die

Maria Schell

He was quoted on the BBC bemoaning his sister's death so guess so. Was he the bloke who played the baddy / mad scientist in late 70's kids classic 'The Black Hole'.

As for the ex-sis, I've never heard of her either...

Actually there was a whole group of Schells and you guessed it when they got together they played Schell games :lol:

Anyway the facts being what they are (and they are) Maximilian Schell was born in December 1930 and was still working in 2004. He won an Oscar(Academy Award) for his work as an attorney in Judgement At Nuremberg (Garland, Tracy and Lancaster did not). In that film his character was Hans Rolfe, a few years later he appeared in The Black Hole as Hans Reinhardt. Coincidence? Perhaps but I wouldn't bet on it.

vampirecardinal.jpg

He also received the Actor of The Milennium award at The Baltic Pearl Film Festival in Latvia in 2000.

According to my sources there were 4 Austrian related Schells-Carl/Karl, Maria, Max and Immy (also known as Edith Nordberg). Maxie and Carl are the only ones still alive, but at a mere 74 even with acute pancreatitis and diabetes Maximilian will probably be around for a while.

Max

In Germany Maria was very popular.

International she played with stars such as Yul Brynner (The Brothers Karamazov) and Gary Cooper(The Hanging Tree).

The recent years she lived desperate in Austria. She had demence.

2002 his Brother Maximilian filmed a movie about her "My sister Maria"

Guest Guest

Maximilian Schmell was much more famous than his sister IMO

Guest Guest

the death of Max Schell is being covered on 2 different threads.Perhaps the moderator might want to merge them

Carl Schell, brother of Max and Maria, dead at 91: https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.nzz.ch/panorama/der-schweizer-schauspieler-carl-schell-ist-gestorben-ld.1487530&prev=search

Probably best known for playing von Richthofen in The Blue Max. IMDB has him on Jackanory in the mid-1960s!