BrunoBrimley

Glenn Ford

I consider this to be a very near miss. We've got Gerald Ford on this year's list and last year we had Betty Ford.....

... maybe we should consider Harrison Ford for 2007 then!

Definitely. And Anna Ford's looking a bit rough these days.

• Like 1

And I was hoping that he would last until next year so that I could include him on my list for 2007 :)

Dammit, me too. Ever since he didn't make his birthday celebrations he went from 27th on my list to 5th, where he remained - and I honestly thought that he'd make it - just - into 2007.

Nonetheless, credit where it is due - well done CP!

On a personal note, I'm sorry he's gone. I enjoyed a lot of his films. :P

It's certainly another unfortunate miss for DeathList, I'm surprised so few DDP teams had him as a pick, but congrats to those who did.

Can't say I was a fan of Glenn's work, though this film has a certain DL relevance.

So sad to see this happen. I adored Glenn Ford from the first moment I set my eyes upon him back in the last century. His work was always superb, he had a way with both the script and his coworkers as well as the camera. Never one to boast of his wonderful abilities, Ford was a true actor and will be greatly missed by all. An early film was Heaven With A Barbed Wire Fence and the last listed work was Final Verdict...coincidence? You decide.

Once more we must attend the masterful website which tells us everything (well many things) about our dear man. Glenn Ford Website.....

Rest in peace Gwyl.

And I was hoping that he would last until next year so that I could include him on my list for 2007 ;)

Dammit, me too. Ever since he didn't make his birthday celebrations he went from 27th on my list to 5th, where he remained - and I honestly thought that he'd make it - just - into 2007.

Nonetheless, credit where it is due - well done CP!

On a personal note, I'm sorry he's gone. I enjoyed a lot of his films. :P

Yes, a fine actor indeed and, moreover, a fine Canadian.

You know me though. When it comes to deadpooling, when I'm right I'm... er... surprised. :)

You know me though when I'm right I'm... er... surprised.

You ain't the only one Paulie...

and congratulations.

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Not quite sure why the Express are running a story about his health woes now, but hey, let's dig this thread up for a peruse: https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1737577/glenn-ford-health-stroke-symptoms

Ford is famously the only celebrity to ever suffer a stroke.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Not quite sure why the Express are running a story about his health woes now, but hey, let's dig this thread up for a peruse: https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1737577/glenn-ford-health-stroke-symptoms

The decided to run that story to promote a movie that he starred which is airing on film 4 this week. Truly a low moment for journalism in my opinion.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

As the board's resident fourth-estater, I can let you know why: these kinds of articles are absolute manna for those "stories that appear when you load up your tablet". They're targeted at people in their 70s who got a tablet for Christmas and will click on this as soon as they see it. See also: why there is at least one story about Michael Landon's death from cancer by a major media company every week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

As the board's resident fourth-estater, I can let you know why: these kinds of articles are absolute manna for those "stories that appear when you load up your tablet". They're targeted at people in their 70s who got a tablet for Christmas and will click on this as soon as they see it. See also: why there is at least one story about Michael Landon's death from cancer by a major media company every week.

My parents are a bit younger than that but both spend considerable time each day on their phones reading google news clicking in all the clickbaity headlines. 

Presumably this is why I get endless Hotmail pop-ups telling me either Clarkson or Branson have suffered a tragic fate. It’s only ever those two, and sadly they are both still hale and hearty. 

Ya can’t always git whatcha want.

10 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Ford is famously the only celebrity to ever suffer a stroke.

Kirk Douglas?

...or is there some inside joke I'm not getting?

14 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

The sort of story that has a headline like "You'll never guess what [insert relevant child star who hasn't been seen for 20 years] looks like now". Then you open the link to see they have aged perfectly normally and are instantly recognisable but just 20 years older than they were. 

4 hours ago, Deathrace said:

The sort of story that has a headline like "You'll never guess what [insert relevant child star who hasn't been seen for 20 years] looks like now". Then you open the link to see they have aged perfectly normally and are instantly recognisable but just 20 years older than they were. 

But you have to click through photos of 150 other people before you get to them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Kirk Douglas?

...or is there some inside joke I'm not getting?

You need a

3487788_0.jpg

• Like 2

On another matter entirely, Bruno Brimley started this thread and we haven't seen him hereabouts since 1 Jan 2018. Anyone know if he's okay?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

You need a

3487788_0.jpg

Right... But in order for sarcasm to be used then there's got to be a degree of context - which was basically all I was asking for :blink:

• Like 1

On 22/02/2023 at 09:46, Kenny McCormick said:

Certo ... Mas para que o sarcasmo seja usado, deve haver um grau de contexto - que era basicamente tudo o que eu estava pedindo :piscar:

I think he meant that he doesn't know why the article chose Glenn Ford as an example to talk about a stroke, since it is a very common occurrence, including celebrities, hence the sarcasm in saying that he was the only one to suffer a stroke
And also why are they talking about him now almost 17 years after his death, without even the date of death or death of the same

• Like 1

I drive a Ford. An F150 that appears brown; however, when I told the salesman I would NEVER buy a brown vehicle, he said well the good news is that the colour is ‘golden bronze’ on the Ford paint palate, so I can correct anyone who says it’s brown.  That said, I named it Big Brown (after the Kentucky Derby winner).  

I figure that’s as relevant as anything during this thread’s needless reboot.  May as well participate.

SC

• Sad 1