Guest iain

Damn, won't anyone die?

Any volunteers?

What, to die, or to start that thread?

Any volunteers?

What, to die, or to start that thread?

Arf! :D

Preferably the next one to die will also be on my list or even on my list and not on the Deathlist. I which case 'Damn, won't anyone die' is just a self-pitying whine from yours truely....

Ive just realised-no-one o the list has snuffed it for 7 weeks now.Surely it cant be long before someone drops dead.

Ive just realised-no-one o the list has snuffed it for 7 weeks now.Surely it cant be long before someone drops dead.

Dunno

It's like buses you know.....sometimes you'd swear the lot of them were on strike even when they're not.

I'm hopeful of getting somewhere near last year's total. Still think Biggs will cark it this year, or Sharon.

Dogs arse, READ THE POST THAT WAS MADE 3 ABOVE YOURS.

Dogs arse, READ THE POST THAT WAS MADE 3 ABOVE YOURS.

I get the distinct impression you don't like me very much... :D

Thought I'd revive this thread as its been SEVEN weeks since dear Bill was our last hit...

It's been a funny year: feast and famine. And have we actually done a guess the tenth hit yet?

I have the feeling we haven't because we were so jaded putting up the list and then someone dropping dead!

Any volunteers?

Billy Graham

Been a bit of a fallow period, none since old Solzhy over two months ago. Personally, I blame BC 'the Teaser' Alum2.0.

Maybe kickstarting this old thread will have the desired effect.

October is quite a fallow month for the Deathlist.

Since 2000, there has only been 5 deaths in that month.

The last time this thread was revived was last October...

I think that's why I was getting bored yesterday, that and the need to procrastinate over a shedload of work I'm supposed to shift by Monday. A few have gone quiet recently, a kind of calm before the death. I think Bobby Robson could be the next big name. It's just too quiet...

October is traditionally a slow time for celebrity deaths anyway...

But so far this October, I don't think there's a single significant celebrity who has died (discounting Jorg Haider, whose celebrity status is disputed). And it's already October 17.

of course, I'm actually still mourning Paul Newman's death so I'm not really preoccupied with celebrity deaths (at the moment). Yes, I've been watching many of his films. So far, I've seen Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Cool Hand Luke, The Hustler, The Sting, The Color of Money, Road to Perdition, The Verdict, The Towering Inferno, and Nobody's Fool. Next up: Newman's earlier classics like Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Hud, Torn Curtain, and Somebody Up There Likes Me.

Been a bit of a fallow period, none since old Solzhy over two months ago. Personally, I blame BC 'the Teaser' Alum2.0.

Why blame me?!?!?!?!?

i'm just the messenger!!!!

BTW, another celebrity has teased us with his near death status.

His name is Gale Harold. He was in Desperate Housewives and the star of Queer as Folk. He was involved in a serious motorcycle accident and was listed in "critical condition." Reportedly, he was suffering from brain swelling.

But alas, he's expected to recover. Another celebrity teases us with being close to death, but surviving. How many is that this year? Kelsey Grammar, Liz Taylor, Morgan Freeman, Travis Barker, DJ AM, Amy Winehouse, Ted Kennedy, Bob Novak, Mr. Blackwell, and Gale Harold.

So many celebrities had the potential to die, but they fought the icy cold grip of death and succeeded.....

I'm still holding out hope for Amy Winehouse, though.

the star of Queer as Folk.

Not here, he wasn't. :rolleyes:

Why blame me?!?!?!?!?

BTW, another celebrity has teased us with his near death status.

His name is Gale Harold. He was in Desperate Housewives and the star of Queer as Folk. He was involved in a serious motorcycle accident and was listed in "critical condition." Reportedly, he was suffering from brain swelling.

But alas, he's expected to recover. Another celebrity teases us with being close to death, but surviving. How many is that this year? Kelsey Grammar, Liz Taylor, Morgan Freeman, Travis Barker, DJ AM, Amy Winehouse, Ted Kennedy, Bob Novak, Mr. Blackwell, and Gale Harold.

So many celebrities had the potential to die, but they fought the icy cold grip of death and succeeded.....

I'm still holding out hope for Amy Winehouse, though.

They are holding out the enevitable...

Why blame me?!?!?!?!?

blah blah snipped.

I'm not so sure. Just to be safe I think we must sacrifice young Mr Alum on a very very hot pyre to please the gods and allow the DL future prosperity.

I've got the conch!! (but it's treatable)

Well, it worked, young Mr TAFKAG. Well done, you...

Well, it worked, young Mr TAFKAG. Well done, you...

I'm not young and I'm not a mister, but thanks all the same. I still say we burn him/her, though.

Make that 6 then...

Why blame me?!?!?!?!?

blah blah snipped.

I'm not so sure. Just to be safe I think we must sacrifice young Mr Alum on a very very hot pyre to please the gods and allow the DL future prosperity.

I've got the conch!! (but it's treatable)

you ain't sacrificin' me, pal!!!1

i'm gonna go down fighting and scratching to my last fingernail before you dare sacrifce the GREAT BCAlum!!!!

I hate to have to do this, but desperate times call for desperate measures and it worked last time. Only a month to go and the potential record is slipping from our grasp.

Come on Norman, do something!!!!

20 days ... no major celebrity deaths.

The last major celebrity to die was Miriam Makeba, who died around November 10.

Yeah, it's starting to dry up around here.

2008 is a weird year. From late May to early July, we had celebrities practically dying en masse. I think we had as many as two celebrities die per week from that time period. We also had a pretty brutal stretch from mid January to early February (Bobby Fischer, Heath Ledger, Suzanne Pleshette, Roy Scheider, Barry Morse, Brad Renfro, etc.).

But then we have literally weeks when no celebrities would die.

Also, i can't help notice the lack of female celebrities who died this year. The most famous female celebrities to have died this year were Suzanne Pleshette, Miriam Makeba, Cyd Charisse, and Estelle Getty. Not exactly the most impressive bunch.

20 days ... no major celebrity deaths.

Yeah, it's starting to dry up around here.

2008 is a weird year. From late May to early July, we had celebrities practically dying en masse. I think we had as many as two celebrities die per week from that time period. We also had a pretty brutal stretch from mid January to early February (Bobby Fischer, Heath Ledger, Suzanne Pleshette, Roy Scheider, Barry Morse, Brad Renfro, etc.).

But then we have literally weeks when no celebrities would die.

Also, i can't help notice the lack of female celebrities who died this year. The most famous female celebrities to have died this year were Suzanne Pleshette, Miriam Makeba, Cyd Charisse, and Estelle Getty. Not exactly the most impressive bunch.

When the most notable death of November is Lady Gertrude Bliss there is indeed something wrong.

However I strongly believe that Christmas this year will bring tidings of great joy for all mankind, especially those involved in choosing the DL list, less so for those on the list.

When the most notable death of November is Lady Gertrude Bliss there is indeed something wrong.

Bliss? She was a nobody.

Michael Crichton & Reg Varney were much better known than her.

Varney is the biggest name to go since Makeba, but BC Alum won't have heard of him because ol'Reg wasn't American.

I am hoping that if ANYONE on the DDP dies, whether it be Norman Wisdom or Patrick Swayze or whomever, that they do it in the next 10 days, otherwise I'll have a nervous breakdown.

Please please, please Castro, Sharon, Thatcher et al just last 40 more days or so. Ta.

Bliss? She was a nobody.

Michael Crichton & Reg Varney were much better known than her.

Varney is the biggest name to go since Makeba, but BC Alum won't have heard of him because ol'Reg wasn't American.

I am hoping that if ANYONE on the DDP dies, whether it be Norman Wisdom or Patrick Swayze or whomever, that they do it in the next 10 days, otherwise I'll have a nervous breakdown.

Please please, please Castro, Sharon, Thatcher et al just last 40 more days or so. Ta.

Knowing your luck Octopus, there'll a flood of deaths that turn the DDP on it's head....On Dec 30th...:rolleyes:

I'd consider Jørn Utzon "big", just neither well-known nor some over hyped celebrity like Heath Ledger.