Guest iain

Damn, won't anyone die?

Maybe someone should invite all the DL candidates to some kind of meeting or party & then blow up the building.

Baldrick!

And yer point is.............?

Who has ever heard of people like Ronnie Biggs, Claire Raymer, or PW Botha? Maybe the reason for the slow year has been the poor choices of Deathlist for '05. Maybe they should have started with celebs who had knownand reported health problems like Johnny Carson, Prince Rainier, and Luther Vandross. Put those guys with the 5 successes you'd have 8 deaths by July of 2005.

Have you even tried looking up Ronnie Biggs on Google

or if you are tooooooooo lazy

here it is

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...&q=Ronnie+Biggs

Who has ever heard of people like Ronnie Biggs, Claire Raymer, or PW Botha? Maybe the reason for the slow year has been the poor choices of Deathlist for '05.  Maybe they should have started with celebs who had knownand reported health problems like Johnny Carson, Prince Rainier, and Luther Vandross. Put those guys with the 5 successes you'd have 8 deaths by July of 2005.

I'll make a wild stab in the dark, are you from the USA perchance?

Who the hell are Johnny Carson and Luther Vandross (especially the latter one). I think I heard about Carson's death but hadn't heard of him before that.

I know exactly why things are slow this year. They (the people on the list) have heard of the DL and therefore are not dying only to spite us. Arthur Millar and Rainier died for the same reason - because they were not placed on the list this year.

But then again maybe not.

I'm still trying to work out why the "guest" who started this dreadful thread thinks that people on the list are dying more slowly because he hasn't heard of them...

Also I can understand a Yank not knowing who Clare Rayner and Biggs are but not knowing who Botha was is just ignorant. Or American.

I just hope someone on the list (or at least decently famous) pegs out soon so we can improve the quality (and relevance) of recent chat.

Bring back the Emelyn week, I say!

Actually that's given me an idea...

Also I can understand a Yank not knowing who Clare Rayner and Biggs are but not knowing who Botha was is just ignorant.  Or American.

Not an American trait per se VileBody. I am quite aware of Mr. Botha and his South Africa connection--He was a President there wa'n't he? I was more surprised he was still alive and now am curious about F.W. deKlerk another former S.A. President, as is the case of Nelson Mandela who was birthed in 1918 only a few short years after Botha.

One other thing, can someone explain why these South Afican leaders only use their initials?

Also I can understand a Yank not knowing who Clare Rayner and Biggs are but not knowing who Botha was is just ignorant.  Or American.

Not an American trait per se VileBody. I am quite aware of Mr. Botha and his South Africa connection--He was a President there wa'n't he? I was more surprised he was still alive and now am curious about F.W. deKlerk another former S.A. President, as is the case of Nelson Mandela who was birthed in 1918 only a few short years after Botha.

One other thing, can someone explain why these South Afican leaders only use their initials?

What does N.E.L.S.O.N. stand for?

Not Everyone Likes Salso On Nachos?

Naughty Egyptians Love Shitting On Nuns?

Damn, I've wasted time trying to think of one while our systems are crashing and the phone goes unanswered. :old::o

New England's Sons Lack Overseas Nous?

Boom, tschah!!

Boom, tschah!!

N E S L O N ?

Boom, tschah!!

N E S L O N ?

Maybe it's N E L S O N?

Boom, tschah!!

N E S L O N ?

Maybe it's N E L S O N?

New England's Lack Sons Overseas Nous?

Boom, tschah!!

N E S L O N ?

Maybe it's N E L S O N?

Never Enjoys Lesbian Sex On Narcotics? :huh:

Dutch NELSON Project.

Boom, tschah!!

N E S L O N ?

Maybe it's N E L S O N?

Never Enjoys Lesbian Sex On Narcotics? :o

Isn't that the best time to enjoy it??? :o

We're into another hot spell of weather so lets hope the heat sees off a few DL candidates

We're into another hot spell of weather so lets hope the heat sees off a few DL candidates

Well that took less than a day! Now that you've successfully gotten Ms. Franklin to put the snufter on her candles would you like to get another one? Maybe we can have a new record for the most hits in a particular week! Oh, now wouldn't that be fun! (unless of course you're one of the trees used to make the coffin)

Just to illustrate how much spare time I have, I decided to check how 2005 was doing overall.

The result is that 2005's 6 deaths brings it to 11th place out of a possible 19*.

*This includes the 1988 list which I recorded as having a 0 success rate.

So we are not doing that badly and winter has still to come.

Well atleast i don't have to hear anymore of the

constant visitor qustions such as the often

"Why is this year such a bad year for the DL"

for a while..that is.

Post number 300! :)