Guest iain

Damn, won't anyone die?

there is good news and bad news. there is only one previous year since 1989 in which only one hit was acheived by this date (may 2) ,that year being 1997.(if you exclude 1991 whcih the list is no longer available for)-the bad news is in that year we had to wait til the end of june for the 2nd hit-the good news is that the year did end on 9 hits,so all is not yet lost .Hope that has cheered you up

Hope that has cheered you up

There is another thing that you could do to help cheer us up...

We're doing crap because the death gods are punishing us for such an uninspired list this year. As a member of the Committee I take partial responsibility for this, but I will say once again that a list of mainly 90 year olds of marginal fame whose deaths would not be that interesting largely defeats the point of any death list. I'd rather pick Courtney Love year in and year out, and have her not die, then score a "success" with the likes of Charles Lane (who?).

this is turning out to be one hell of a bad year for deathlist! I bet someone like Boris Yeltsin or Charlton heston will snuff it now theyre not even on the list anymore,knowing our luck!

How prophetic!!

well as you're all too well aware by now this has been a disastrous year so far for deathlist.It's now the joint 2nd worst year ever,along with 1997.Only in 3 previous years,1987,1991 and 1997 have only one or fewer 'hits' been acheived by this day,april 17.Its not a good omen-in 1987 only 1 died in the whole year,and in 1991 nobody at all! So we can only hope and pray things pick up substantially in the near future.I knew that ending last year on 13 deaths would be an unlucky omen and so it has proved!

Back to stating things already posted :P

there is good news and bad news. there is only one previous year since 1989 in which only one hit was acheived by this date (may 2) ,that year being 1997.(if you exclude 1991 whcih the list is no longer available for)-the bad news is in that year we had to wait til the end of june for the 2nd hit-the good news is that the year did end on 9 hits,so all is not yet lost .Hope that has cheered you up

And repeating yourself..will this be a monthly reminder?

Ha! Another "dave" with an interesting grasp of reality!! David Icke :P

Yes I know the link has already been posted but it's the thought that counts....

We're doing crap because the death gods are punishing us for such an uninspired list this year. As a member of the Committee I take partial responsibility for this, but I will say once again that a list of mainly 90 year olds of marginal fame whose deaths would not be that interesting largely defeats the point of any death list. I'd rather pick Courtney Love year in and year out, and have her not die, then score a "success" with the likes of Charles Lane (who?).

A fair point but I'm guessing the original lists were duller affairs in the pre-internet days. We can pour our ejaculations all over the dissolute human disaster that is Ms Love on the Forum and still limit the sacred list largely to those with a statistically greater probability of death. I know this year has been a disappointment in that regard but one or two missed sitters - like Lee Hazlewood - aside, there was nowt much doing in terms of near-certain death on New Years Eve.

A fair point but I'm guessing the original lists were duller affairs in the pre-internet days. We can pour our ejaculations all over the dissolute human disaster that is Ms Love on the Forum and still limit the sacred list largely to those with a statistically greater probability of death. I know this year has been a disappointment in that regard but one or two missed sitters - like Lee Hazlewood - aside, there was nowt much doing in terms of near-certain death on New Years Eve.

Oo-er, rather you than me mate...

:P

whats that then? :rolleyes:

whats that then? :blink:

Aarrgh! I was trying to post something witty, amusing or clever but now I'm reduced to....

Copy your avatar! :rolleyes::banghead::banghead:

I'd rather pick Courtney Love year in and year out, and have her not die, then score a "success" with the likes of Charles Lane (who?).

I gave Mr.Lane a call from New York to Hollywood about two months ago. His lunch was more important then talking but I think he will grace the earth for a while longer.

I gave Mr.Lane a call from New York to Hollywood about two months ago. His lunch was more important then talking.

Well you know - his carer probably found it difficult to do two things at once...

It’s already June and we only have 1 DL graduate so far.

Taking a look at this year’s list, who do you think is most likely to cark it?

My guesses

Tammy Faye Messner (lung cancer - I doubt she can hold on for 6 mths)

Jack Kevorkian ( Just released, but very ill with hepatitis C )

Lady Bird Johnson ( Ill health - appeared very frail at her last public appearance in Oct last year)

Bill Graham ( very frail - suffering from numerous health issues)

Mark Felt (very frail - suffering from numerous health issues )

My projections for this year’s list (6 – 8 DL successes )

My guesses

Lady Bird Johnson ( Ill health - appeared very frail at her last public appearance in Oct last year)

Yes, I think Tammy is the favourite - a couple of months at the most. But with death you never who might pop it next!

I bet that it will be someone relatively unexpected....

The Spanish Inquisition? No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition :o

On the Sod's Law/unexpected front Ronnie Biggs would be the kind to go just when we've all stopped posting on his thread. Contrary and confounding he may be, the man's not immortal.

My guesses

I'd add Melly to that list. He's doing only somewhat better than Tammy Faye at this point.

It has got SO dull I only check once a week !

Please do not take this as a personal insult anybody. OK have it your way let the trolling begin'

:rip: Razor Boy

The Spanish Inquisition? No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition ;)

LOL!!! :crossbone::lol::lol:

It has got SO dull I only check once a week !

Please do not take this as a personal insult anybody. OK have it your way let the trolling begin'

:P Razor Boy

I've been so disappointed that I hadn't checked in months. Then again, work blocked deathlist so I can't check it at work which lent a hand in keeping me from checking things. What makes it worse for me is I threw my weight behind some of this year's picks back in 2006.

I check most days but generally have a quick look at the topics and don't post. Perhaps a symtom of spending alot of time proir to regestration as a lurker. I reckon there will be quite a few to die this year.

Statisitcally, it's very, very unlikley that all the over 100s will survive and there is a fair few more in the upper ninties. Tammy Faye probably, I wouldn't be sure about George Melly, don't know how bad his cancer is. Ariel Sharon would be a decent candidate is he wan't in a coma. Alexander Solzhenitsyn and Mark Felt are apparantly very frail. I would perhaps say Al Morino( one from Happy Days), he's been sick for a few years and frankly I thought he was already dead. Castro is still a possible as well. And there is usually a bunch of unexpected ones. Weren't there only something like three by this time last year anyay?

I check most days but generally have a quick look at the topics and don't post. Perhaps a symtom of spending alot of time proir to regestration as a lurker. I reckon there will be quite a few to die this year.

Statisitcally, it's very, very unlikley that all the over 100s will survive and there is a fair few more in the upper ninties. Tammy Faye probably, I wouldn't be sure about George Melly, don't know how bad his cancer is. Ariel Sharon would be a decent candidate is he wan't in a coma. Alexander Solzhenitsyn and Mark Felt are apparantly very frail. I would perhaps say Al Morino( one from Happy Days), he's been sick for a few years and frankly I thought he was already dead. Castro is still a possible as well. And there is usually a bunch of unexpected ones. Weren't there only something like three by this time last year anyay?

patients patients and more patients..that's what we need :P

since when did deathlist become a hospital? :blink: I know people who spend time in hospitals make better choices, but huh?

spending alot of time proir to regestration as a lurker

You were a Lurker! I've got your first album on vinyl!

since when did deathlist become a hospital? :blink: I know people who spend time in hospitals make better choices, but huh?

Methinks you've bashed the nail on the head and gone slightly off cue. I believe it is supposed to read patients, play on words and all that. What do patients make... no not prizes but potential hits for DL perchance?

patients patients and more patients..that's what we need B)

since when did deathlist become a hospital? :) I know people who spend time in hospitals make better choices, but huh?

Methinks you've bashed the nail on the head and gone slightly off cue. I believe it is supposed to read patients, play on words and all that. What do patients make... no not prizes but potential hits for DL perchance?

no...I got it...I'm just pointing out that (no offense to anyone) it's just not that good.

Thought I'd revive this thread as its been SEVEN weeks since dear Bill was our last hit...

It's been a funny year: feast and famine. And have we actually done a guess the tenth hit yet?

I have the feeling we haven't because we were so jaded putting up the list and then someone dropping dead!

Any volunteers?