Teddy

Ronnie Wood

On 8/6/2017 at 22:16, msc said:

Yeah, no idea why.

Only ever heard the Eric Clapton version of that! Thanks

9 hours ago, Prophet said:

If they want a Rolling Stone on the Deathlist: Why they didn't put Bill Wyman on it. He is much older and still has cancer (very likely).

My thoughts exactly!

Would be surprised if Ronnie Wood doesn't see 2019.

What happened to that young Russian chick he was seeing for a while about 10 years ago?

Wood was briefly considered for my Ronnies team and discarded, so no doubt he'll keel over this year thus further illustrating that I don't know what I'm doing and the committee do!

10 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Tbf, the cancer that Wood did have was lung cancer, which is one of the more lethal types when it eventually returns. I think his death is very unlikely, but he could surprise us. 

Yeah, regardless of the (not that significant) age gap, Ronnie might be a better choice, since recurrent/metastatic lung cancer is usually terminal and he forwent adjuvant chemotherapy to preserve his hair. (A bit vain – I certainly wouldn't have done that with two very young kids.)

The most likely of the stones to keel over would be Mick for sure he just looks awful to say the least.

Could hardly consider the bass player dying. I really doubt that Ronnie would.

9 minutes ago, MDavidSteel said:

The most likely of the stones to keel over would be Mick for sure he just looks awful to say the least.

Could hardly consider the bass player dying. I really doubt that Ronnie would.

I really doubt Ronnie Wood....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So - reality check - those dates are massive, turning over millions of pounds and someone has already picked up the job of insuring them against cancellation. Therefore they've had to take Ronnie's current state of health into consideration and they reckon him good to withstand the rigours of the tour.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

So - reality check - those dates are massive, turning over millions of pounds and someone has already picked up the job of insuring them against cancellation. Therefore they've had to take Ronnie's current state of health into consideration and they reckon him good to withstand the rigours of the tour.

The press said that about Michael Jackson in 2009 and look what happened. 

2 hours ago, Deathtreat23 said:

The press said that about Michael Jackson in 2009 and look what happened. 

Nowt guaranteed in this world but...

Wood's already had lung cancer treatment - so the whole question about whether he was fit enough to get back to work would have to be considered.

Ronnie Wood 'All Clear' After Lung Cancer Scare

Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood revealed in a new interview that he is now cancer-free after being diagnosed with "a touch of lung cancer" in 2017.

"I had three months of check-ups and it was all clear and they said go and enjoy life," Wood told Metro.

Wood had a part of his lung removed after doctors found "this supernova burning away on my left lung," he said last August. Fortunately, the cancer didn't spread to other parts of the body – "If that had happened it would have been all over for me" – and the guitarist didn't require chemotherapy, which was good news as Wood didn't "want to lose my hair," he told Metro.

"If your body is riddled with cancer, it’s a losing cause. Luckily, all mine was contained within the left lung and I was fortunate enough to get shot of it, bang. There was none in the rest of my body so I didn’t require chemo," Wood added, marveling that his lungs didn't "explode" after smoking cigarettes for over 50 years. Wood has since quit his nicotine habit.

Wood also doled out some advice for those dealing with cancer. "Just be strong and remain positive," he said. "I was prepared to remain positive to my dying breath. I’ve had a great life and I was all ready to go. Wow! I didn’t know I was going to be given the ticket to last this long. What a reprieve."

With a clean bill of health, Wood will join the Rolling Stones on their upcoming European tour.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ronnie-wood-all-clear-after-lung-cancer-scare-w518481

https://www.metro.news/ronnie-wood-on-the-bands-new-tour-exploding-lungs-and-the-ultimate-frontman/992188/

I thought he was already in remission earlier. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Toast said:

Ronnie Wood 'All Clear' After Lung Cancer Scare

Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood revealed in a new interview that he is now cancer-free after being diagnosed with "a touch of lung cancer" in 2017.

"I had three months of check-ups and it was all clear and they said go and enjoy life," Wood told Metro.

Wood had a part of his lung removed after doctors found "this supernova burning away on my left lung," he said last August. Fortunately, the cancer didn't spread to other parts of the body – "If that had happened it would have been all over for me" – and the guitarist didn't require chemotherapy, which was good news as Wood didn't "want to lose my hair," he told Metro.

"If your body is riddled with cancer, it’s a losing cause. Luckily, all mine was contained within the left lung and I was fortunate enough to get shot of it, bang. There was none in the rest of my body so I didn’t require chemo," Wood added, marveling that his lungs didn't "explode" after smoking cigarettes for over 50 years. Wood has since quit his nicotine habit.

Wood also doled out some advice for those dealing with cancer. "Just be strong and remain positive," he said. "I was prepared to remain positive to my dying breath. I’ve had a great life and I was all ready to go. Wow! I didn’t know I was going to be given the ticket to last this long. What a reprieve."

With a clean bill of health, Wood will join the Rolling Stones on their upcoming European tour.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ronnie-wood-all-clear-after-lung-cancer-scare-w518481

https://www.metro.news/ronnie-wood-on-the-bands-new-tour-exploding-lungs-and-the-ultimate-frontman/992188/

I suspect he may be quietly dropped from next year's deathlist.... 

As long as he lasts through to the end of May, as I have tickets for some of those gigs.

• Haha 1

I was about 10 ft away from Ronnie at one point on Friday night, and while he looks as cadaverous as ever he was running around like a spring lamb.

Some excellent photos of him and the other wrinklies on this page, scroll down past the reviews.

• Thanks 1

Aye, this one's not looking the best dead pooling call - all the reviews suggest he and Keef are both on it in terms of trading licks and generally enjoying themselves with random moments of musical tomfoolery on this tour.

• Like 1

Just come back from seeing them at Old Trafford (they were brilliant btw), Ronnie looks pretty sprightly still think he’ll be around a while yet. Charlie on the other hand doesn’t look a day over 90...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JR976evil said:

Just come back from seeing them at Old Trafford (they were brilliant btw), Ronnie looks pretty sprightly still think he’ll be around a while yet. Charlie on the other hand doesn’t look a day over 90...

He was 77 a few days back

I wonder if he suffered some serious health problem if they'd go on. Mick would doubtless want the money but Keith is a musician to his core and might well decide a Charlie-less Stones an unthinkable proposition

10 hours ago, JR976evil said:

My boss was there - apparently Keith Richards said " Its great to be in Manchester...... well it's great to be anywhere!!" :D

Three more UK shows to go then the tour moves to Europe .... if you haven't seen them, grab this opportunity as I doubt we will see such an extended home tour again.

17 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

My boss was there - apparently Keith Richards said " Its great to be in Manchester...... well it's great to be anywhere!!" :D

That he did, was about the only thing he said I could make out 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, JR976evil said:

That he did, was about the only thing he said I could make out 

His guitar does the talking

Known as The Human Riff

Tbh I have a love/hate thing with the Stones. Great at their best but Jagger pretty much hijacked them from the point he realised his solo career was never gonna fill stadiums and they've become the benchmark for "heritage" acts ever since. It doesn't have to be that way I have loads of respect for some people - Neil Young, ZZ Top, Jackson Browne and even Dylan (who I reckon over-rated) - for the way they've used their late careers to churn out original work that takes chances and sometimes veers into territory they've never explored before. 

Rant over!

9 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

His guitar does the talking

Known as The Human Riff

Tbh I have a love/hate thing with the Stones. Great at their best but Jagger pretty much hijacked them from the point he realised his solo career was never gonna fill stadiums and they've become the benchmark for "heritage" acts ever since. It doesn't have to be that way I have loads of respect for some people - Neil Young, ZZ Top, Jackson Browne and even Dylan (who I reckon over-rated) - for the way they've used their late careers to churn out original work that takes chances and sometimes veers into territory they've never explored before. 

Rant over!

Saw ZZ Top last year they were awesome 

On 07/06/2018 at 20:19, JR976evil said:

Saw ZZ Top last year they were awesome 

Missed this post earlier - yeah I saw them too.

Billy Gibbons releases his second solo album this month and tours the US to promote it. Rumours of solo UK dates next year.

Ronnie Wood might miss 'em due to massive SPAM intake and attempts at conception