Teddy

Ronnie Wood

Okay, so he has probably been in the judges minds for a while now, along with the rest of the Stones (apart from Keef - who is already dead!)

But spotted today an article on Yahoo, quoting from an interview Ronnie just gave..

"The doctors said that if I give up smoking now I can nip it in the bud -- I still have powerful lungs. But they say if I smoke for another year, I could get emphysema and -- boom -- my lungs could collapse," Wood told the Sunday Mirror.

An outside chance for next years list ? - especially if anyone spots him with a fag in his hand over the next 9 month.

This news was on the front of a few English national newspapers yesterday. Unfortunately the main prediction that Ronnie makes is that he should have died in 1978.

Frankly with predictions as far out as that I simply dont think Woods can be considered a reliable predictor of his demise - but you're right Teddy - worth keeping an eye on

In the Daily Mail too, I believe, although DWB can confirm :D

Man, I don't think we can see the Wood for the trees. Way off in the bunker I think. Hand me a sand iron and have a capstan, beer and packet of scratchings waiting for me in the club house. Scampi Fries will be okay if they are out of scratchings.

Ronnie Wood to become a father of twins at 68.

Fairplay to him, the dirty old dog. :old:

Just think, looking at the gap between posts they could be 12 years old before the next comment.....!

• Like 2

Just think, looking at the gap between posts they could be 12 years old before the next comment.....

Well spotted. Did it on purpose of course. Just to prove that some old rockers have still got it. :P

Just think, looking at the gap between posts they could be 12 years old before the next comment.....

Well spotted. Did it on purpose of course. Just to prove that some old rockers have still got it. :P

Right.. probably see you here in 2028.

The poor bastards are going to lose their dad at an incredibly young age.

So what you're saying is 'Teddy' was a bit fucking premature in 2004 making a thread for Ronnie Wood....for why again?

SC

Creep it's not this is a website built off of forums.

"Ronnie is feeling well after having successful keyhole surgery to remove a small lung lesion, which was discovered during a routine screening. No additional treatment is necessary, and the Stones’ European tour will not be affected.
Ronnie said, “I’m so grateful for modern screening which picked this up so early, and would like to thank all the doctors who treated me.”
Post your good wishes to Ronnie in the comments." 

From Ronnie`s Facebook today.Lung cancer?Doesn`t sound like there is any worry now but something to keep an eye on for us especially as he is a notorious chain smoker who has had lung trouble in the past.

• Like 1

I was right.Not surprising though.It sounded like cancer at the time!

DL 2018?

I'd think so. I doubt that they would want to miss out on a member of the legendary Rolling Stones, though, if I'm honest, he joined the band at the point after they lost most of their quality in the 60s and early 70s. His work on Faces and The Jeff Beck Group is far superior imo...

Yeah I think he is too big for them to want to miss.Being a late arrival to the Stones is irrelevant .Being a stone is enough by far for DL.

I'm not saying that's irrelevant. I just think that his best work was before he joined The Rolling Stones. 

Kind of off topic, I'm surprised at the amount of actual household names that announce their illness. It might come to a point before the new year arrives as whether you want that random 50 year old actor or John McCain on your team that might make a big difference next year, especially if one survives 2018 and one doesn't...

Ah sorry misread you .I agree Ron is much more than a stone.Interesting thought with regards to increasing announcement of illnesses.In the John McCain vs a 50 year old randomn actor McCain would always win with the committee .They prefer household names but have been known to throw up names I never thought they would consider such as Downie and Christie.

Interesting also how many hard living baby boomers who were around and teens and young adults in the swinging 60s and are now around the 70 mark and dropping off.

14 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Interesting also how many hard living baby boomers who were around and teens and young adults in the swinging 60s and are now around the 70 mark and dropping off.

Yeah, no idea why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Returns to stage after "four month battle with lung cancer", doesn't look too bad for the unprofessional eye.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/rolling-stones-legend-ronnie-wood-11145042

Here are some pictures:

http://www.gettyimages.com/search/events/775037473?assettype=image&excludenudity=true&sort=best&phrase=&family=editorial#license

Fuck all wrong with him, he's not going anywhere for years.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Fuck all wrong with him, he's not going anywhere for years.

Agreed - though, I'd assume he can afford nannies and the rest and his drug/alcohol/tobacco damaged heart is spared the sleep deprivation that comes with feeding the twins in the early hours

If they want a Rolling Stone on the Deathlist: Why they didn't put Bill Wyman on it. He is much older and still has cancer (very likely).

• Like 1

Tbf, the cancer that Wood did have was lung cancer, which is one of the more lethal types when it eventually returns. I think his death is very unlikely, but he could surprise us. 

• Like 1