• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5538 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 10:25 PM

:D maybe in a couple years.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:02 AM

Why not merge this thread and the Bill Clinton thread with the one created for the other 3 presidents. It seems ridiculous to create a new thread everytime!

#4 Guest_Skizz_*

Guest_Skizz_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:47 PM

Good riddence to bad rubbish :D

#5 Rotten Ali

Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2849 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:11 PM

Good riddence to bad rubbish

What is it with people (espicially Yanks) thinking Jimmy Carter was a poor president. I judge him as one of the best. Look, on his watch, I understand the US lost fewer armed service personnel in action than any other President. Even counting the rescue attempt to free the hostages from Iran.

The Carter foundation looks to assist and monitor elections arround the world. I'm thinking that even after seven interviening presidential terms, Jimmy Carter could do a far better job than the dangerous clown the Good-Old-United-States currently has!

Long live the peanut farmer.
She Saw it Coming ... 
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, ExPope Benedict XVI, Chuck Blazer, Tony Booth, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Glen Campbell, Lord Carrington, Errol Christie, Sean Connery, Tim Curry, Liz Dawn, Ed Doolan, Kirk Douglas, Doug Ellis, Harlan Ellison, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Rev Billy Graham, Jimmy Greaves, Hubert Green, Valerie Harper, Olivia deHavilland, Stephen Hawking, Clare Hollingworth, John Hurt, Bill Kenwright, Val Kilmer, Helmut Kohl, Lee Kun-hee (Samsung), Penny Marshall, John McVie, King Michael 1st of Romania, Frank Miller, Mary Tyler Moore, Robert Mugabe, Jim Nabors, Leslie Phillips, Sumner Redstone, Little Richard, Fernando Ricksen, Nick Robinson, David Rockafeller, Peter Sallis, Ian St John, Nobby Styles, Murray Walker, Joost van der Westhuizen, John Wetton, Gunther von Hagens & Jiang Zemin. 1/50.

#6 football_fan

football_fan

I have no life

• Members
  • 2617 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:55 PM

At least Jimmy Carter was an honest president. That is more than I can say for George Bush.
"A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer". <br />- Robert Frost

#7 BrunoBrimley

BrunoBrimley

I REALLY Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2356 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:33 PM

At least Jimmy Carter was an honest president.  That is more than I can say for George Bush.

George is a VERY honest president. The problem is liberal leftists who pretend that Bubba Boy Clinton is the epitome of a saint. Take a good look at the media and see how one sided they've become. A recent poll showed that more than 65% of the media related employees (owners, reporters, editors) voted for John Kerry last November. These are the folks supposedly presenting an unbiased view of electioneering. A great big HARUMPH to that.

With the exceptions of Theodore Roosevelt, Grover Cleveland, Benjamin Harrison and Chester A. Arthur, George W. Bush is the best President we have ever had (followed closely by Millard Filmore, James Polk, Ulysses S. Grant and George H.W. Bush).

#8 football_fan

football_fan

I have no life

• Members
  • 2617 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:49 PM

So you are saying that U.S. President George Bush was honest when he said this referring to Saddam Hussein, on Oct 28th, 2002 in Cincinatti, Ohio.

"Its a person who claims he has no weapons of mass destruction, in order to escape the dictums on the U.N. Security Council and the United Nations but hes got them. See, hell lie. Hell deceive us. And hell use them.

After more than 3 years of searching, have these weapons of mass destruction been found yet?

And you are saying that former President George H.W. Bush was also honest when he said the following on Aug 18th, 1988 during the election campaign, only to raise taxes less than two years later.

I'm the one who will not raise taxes. My opponent says he'll raise them as a last resort, or a third resort. But when a politician talks like that, you know that's one resort he'll be checking into. My opponent won't rule out raising taxes. But I will. And The Congress will push me to raise taxes and I'll say no. And they'll push, and I'll say no, and they'll push again, and all I can say to them is "Read my lips: No new taxes."
"A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer". <br />- Robert Frost

#9 Magere Hein

Magere Hein

MH: normal field

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6155 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:09 PM

George is a VERY honest president.

You'll be lucky. GWB is a politician and by inference a liar.

The problem is liberal leftists who pretend that Bubba Boy Clinton is the epitome of a saint.

Be advised that in non-USian countries liberals are considered right-wing. From this side of the pond both major USian parties are considered right-wing, the republicans only more so.

That aside: one doesn't need to be a saint to be good president. FDR was certainly no saint, but there's little doubt he was the best US president in the 20th century.

There's no shame in being a GWB supporter, but I doubt future historians will judge him a good, or even mediocre president.

regards,
Hein

DDP 2016 team The Grey Horde (3/20): Sister Wendy, Belmondo, Bettencourt, Crowe joker.gif, Feek, Ford, Glenn, Gorbachev, Rev Graham, Kissinger, Kohl, Leonov, Madoff, Mugabe, Mushatt Jones, O'Connor, Li , Tereshkova, van der Westhuizen, Yeager
DDP 2016 theme team Minions of Xuleneb (0/20): Albert II, Andriessen, Beatrix, Bernhard, Bloembergen, Brokken, Ceulemans, de Jong, Eyskens, Grönloh, Haitink, van 't Hek, Janssen, Jean I, Krebbers, Ricksen joker.gif, Rijvers, Santer, Thielemans, Veltman
DDP 2016 theme team Next slide, please (1/20): Attenborough, Blakemore, Bodmer, Close, Conway Morris, Dawkins, Greenfield, Longair, Meurig Thomas, Morris joker.gif, Graham-Smith, Hewish, Krebs, Phillips, Rothwell, Stewart, Sulston, Wolff, Wolpert, Zeeman

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

#10 Tuber Mirum

Tuber Mirum

Relic of the Golden Age

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3199 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:39 PM

If GWB is an honest president, then he must have some subtle reason (beyond my modest skills of comprehension) for masterfully concealing his honesty behind an ingeniously constructed facade of deceitfulness, insincerity, duplicity, corruption and nepotism.

#11 Magere Hein

Magere Hein

MH: normal field

• Admin
  • 6155 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:51 PM

If GWB is an honest president, then he must have some subtle reason (beyond my modest skills of comprehension) for masterfully concealing his honesty behind an ingeniously constructed facade of deceitfulness, insincerity, duplicity, corruption and nepotism.

<_<

regards,
Hein

DDP 2016 team The Grey Horde (3/20): Sister Wendy, Belmondo, Bettencourt, Crowe joker.gif, Feek, Ford, Glenn, Gorbachev, Rev Graham, Kissinger, Kohl, Leonov, Madoff, Mugabe, Mushatt Jones, O'Connor, Li , Tereshkova, van der Westhuizen, Yeager
DDP 2016 theme team Minions of Xuleneb (0/20): Albert II, Andriessen, Beatrix, Bernhard, Bloembergen, Brokken, Ceulemans, de Jong, Eyskens, Grönloh, Haitink, van 't Hek, Janssen, Jean I, Krebbers, Ricksen joker.gif, Rijvers, Santer, Thielemans, Veltman
DDP 2016 theme team Next slide, please (1/20): Attenborough, Blakemore, Bodmer, Close, Conway Morris, Dawkins, Greenfield, Longair, Meurig Thomas, Morris joker.gif, Graham-Smith, Hewish, Krebs, Phillips, Rothwell, Stewart, Sulston, Wolff, Wolpert, Zeeman

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

#12 GracieJc8

GracieJc8

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:17 AM

At least Jimmy Carter was an honest president. That is more than I can say for George Bush.

That's the truth! Jimmy Carter was the most honest president since Harry Truman. Yes he may have been defeated in a landslide by the late Mr. Reagan, but he was a decent honest man who tried to do right. Our country has not seen a president of EITHER party with his integrity since he left office.

#13 Real Madron

Real Madron

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:34 PM

83 next year...
Carter's two sisters, his brother, and his father died of pancreatic cancer. His mother had pancreatic, bone, and breast cancer when she died as well.
He has had trouble walking in the past as well as having hemorrhoids... could be considered soon?
Athletico Madron Manager 2007-2008
why are pirates called pirates?

#14 themaninblack

themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7457 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:45 PM

83 next year...
Carter's two sisters, his brother, and his father died of pancreatic cancer. His mother had pancreatic, bone, and breast cancer when she died as well.
He has had trouble walking in the past as well as having hemorrhoids... could be considered soon?

I don't think you can die of Hemorrhoids.. :)

"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder (1933-2016) as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#15 Tempus Fugit

Tempus Fugit

Twunt Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3967 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:46 PM

#16 Real Madron

Real Madron

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:51 PM

83 next year...

Trouble sitting as well then.

A much earlier Carter thread is located here,

http://www.deathlist...?showtopic=1430

ah - didnt see that... no i dont think you can die of hemorrhoids, but i think you can from pancreatic cancer

[Topics merged -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein, 27 December 2006 - 04:14 PM.

Athletico Madron Manager 2007-2008
why are pirates called pirates?

#17 Windsor

Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6518 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:44 PM

I don't think there is enough evidence to put him on just yet.
If he is to be included, it would be on the basis that we don't want to miss a big one. A bit like Thatcher's listing this year. Even then she was suffering strokes or something.

We don't really want to miss US Presidents. We have had Nixon, Ford and Reagon since 1996. So I think that is 100% since 1987 although I could be wrong.

Shadow List 2017

Leah Bracknell, Sir Bruce Forsyth, Buzz Aldrin, Greg Gilbert, Jim Bowen, Billy Graham, Clive James, Glen Campbell, Robert Mugabe, Steve Sumner, Liz Dawn, Donald J. Trump, Olivia de Havilland, Jimmy Snuka, Richard Wilson, Sean Connery, Gerald Kaufman, Pruella Scales, Stephen Hawking, Desmond Tutu, Mario Soares, Duke of Edinburgh, George H. W. Bush, Dick van Dyke, Henry Kissinger, Gordon Banks, Paul Gascoigne, Lady Saltoun of Abernethy, Ian Brady, Valerie Harper, Lord Snowdon, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, King Michael of Romania, Stuart Hall, Eileen Derbyshire, Leslie Phillips, Keith Richards, Hosni Mubarak, Jalal Talabani, Grand Duke Jean, Dame Vera Lynn, Rolf Harris, John Williams, Giorgio Napolitano, Pope Benedict XVI, Jimmy Grieves, Bob Dole, Peter Sallis, Hugh Hefner, Kirk Douglas.​

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 10/50, 2015: 7/50, 2016: 10/50, 2017: 3/50.

#18 DevonDeathTrip

DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4557 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:53 PM

83 next year...

ah - didnt see that... no i dont think you can die of hemorrhoids, but i think you can from pancreatic cancer

[Topics merged -- MH]

People who suffer from hemorrhoids really should keep their ointment in a different cupboard to their Deep Heat cream, the consequences applying the wrong cream could be truly terrible.

They may beg, they may plead, they may argue with my logic

And mention all the things I'll lose that really have no value

In the end they will surely know, I wasn't born to follow

#19 Phantom

Phantom

Maryport resident

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7234 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:57 PM

83 next year...

[Topics merged -- MH]

Anyone who has haemorrhoids would have some difficulty with walking.
Carter appears often on CNN talking to Larry King and looks well for his age.

It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's hilarious.

-------

A good line never dies, It just smells funny

----
Phantom's Pick 'n' Mix 0/20

Macaulay Culkin (joker), Terry Jones, Tony Booth,  Fats Domino, Gordon Banks, Jimmy Greaves, Robert M. Pirsig, Patricia Hitchcock, Ian St. John, Jerry Maren, Art Bell,  Ian Brady, Peter Sutcliffe, D.J. Fontana, Billy Graham, Nick Clifford, Liz Dawn, Sylvia Miles, Glen Glenn, Wanda Jackson

Sad Last Days (Theme Team) 0/20 - 

1. Macaulay Culkin (Joker), 2, Bill Clinton , 3. Sean Connory, 4. Roger Moore, 5.  Ursula Andress, 6. Kirk Douglas, 7. Angela Lansbury, 8. Mary Tyler Moore, 9. Linda Ronstadt, 10. Kenny Rogers, 11. James Caan, 12. Sophia Loren. 13.  George H.W. Bush, 14.  Doris Day, 15. Cher, 16. Jerry Lee Lewis, 17.  Priscilla Presley18. Burt Reynolds, 19, Phil Spector 20. Bill Cosby

2017 Shadow List

1/50

Nobby Stiles, Kenny Sansom, , Gordon Banks,  Daisy Berkowitz, Tom "Dynamite Kid" Billington, Tony Booth, Ian Brady, Leah Bracknell, George H.W Bush, Puerra Cardin, Jacques Chirac, Beverly Cleary, Nick Clifford, Liz Dawn, Gerard Depardieu, Bob Dole, Clarissa Eden, Janet Fielding, June Foray, Bruce Forsyth, Gaston Glock, Billy Graham, "Superstar" Billy Graham, Jimmy Greaves, Rolf Harris, Patricia Hitchcock, Clare Hollingworth, Clive James, Terry Jones, Helmut Kohl, Jerry Maren, Sylvia Miles, Joni Mitchell, Walter Mondale, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Robert Mugabe, Denis Norden, Leslie Phillips, Don Rickles, Sonny Rollins, Peter Sallis, Dudley Simpson, Ian St. John, Prunella Scales, Jackie Stallone,Stefan Karl Stefansson, Peter Sutcliffe, William Woodson

Winner of the 2014 Wojciech Jarulzelski sweepstakes

DDP 2016 - 74th - DDP 2015 - 29th - DDP 2014 4/20 - Joint 71st , DDP 2013 11/20 - Joint 24th, DDP 2012 8/20 - Joint 47th

#20 Lothar_The_Lurker

Lothar_The_Lurker

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:43 AM

Somehow, I have this feeling that Clinton will be the next ex-president to go. Seeing how old Bill is the only living ex-president who has shown signs of life-threatening health conditions.

Question: does Walter Mondale (Carter's VP, ran for president in '84, and was a Minnesota Senetor for years before) meet the qualifications for Deathlist?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users