Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

If only we had a great man like Jimmy Carter as President now the world would be a vastly better place I'm sure you all agree!

He was regarded as a pretty crap President when he was in the Oval Office. History has been kinder to him and he's done wonders for his own legacy with his humanitarian work. Wasn't built for politics though.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

He was regarded as a pretty crap President when he was in the Oval Office. History has been kinder to him and he's done wonders for his own legacy with his humanitarian work. Wasn't built for politics though.

In terms of being the outsider going to "sort out the corrupt insiders at Washington", not being a political mind, and completely lack any PR in his speeches (and his somewhat famous family of hangers on) Carter was a bit similar to Trump in terms of his road to power. November will tell how accurate this analogy is of course, and I'm not sure Trump is going to win the Nobel Peace Prize anytime soon...

13 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

If only we had a great man like Jimmy Carter as President now the world would be a vastly better place I'm sure you all agree!

Jimmy Carter was the weakest president we have ever had. If he were president today we would all be speaking Chinese!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Jimmy Carter was the weakest president we have ever had. If he were president today we would all be speaking Chinese!

You are being serious, right?

3 hours ago, Doc said:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Doc said:

Curious, after all, Nixon was the first president to seek good relations with China. 

10 hours ago, roaming_comrade said:

Curious, after all, Nixon was the first president to seek good relations with China. 

Nixon was building a healthy and beneficial relationship with China, while Jimmy Carter was weak on every front. And as I say if we had someone like Jimmy Carter as president today China would be the dominant world power.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Nixon was building a healthy and beneficial relationship with China, while Jimmy Carter was weak on every front. And as I say if we had someone like Jimmy Carter as president today China would be the dominant world power.

Oh my.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

China will soon be the dominant world power anyway ! 

20 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

China will soon be the dominant world power anyway ! 

That may be true, but a Jimmy Carter like figure sure wouldn’t help!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Doc said:

That may be true, but a Jimmy Carter like figure sure wouldn’t help!

Agreed. Jimmy Carter was a weak leader and hopefully he wont be around in the next election for us to hear his stupid worthless opinions.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 5

On 18/08/2020 at 22:13, CoffinLodger said:

At the end of this week i expect Joe Biden to extend his lead in the polls to 15-20 %. Even Trump supporters must now be abandoning him as they see the mess he's made of corona virus !

Told you so ! https://www.newsweek.com/biden-leads-over-trump-five-battleground-states-much-12-points-poll-1526927

• Facepalm 1

On 19/08/2020 at 11:02, Ulitzer95 said:

Yeah, arguably the most successful post-president ever and probably the only one who could claim to have done more important political work after leaving the Oval Office. Only got 41% of the vote in 1980. Ted Kennedy fought for the nomination and only quit in mid-August which did Carter  no favours. Neither did a brave and disastrous attempt to send special forces in to rescue US hostages in Tehran. Had Operation Eagle Claw succeeded (and at heart it had a major element of surprise and a twist the Iranians didn't know about) Carter might actually have got a second term. As it was his standing never recovered.

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Eagle_Claw#:~:text=Operation Eagle Claw%2C known as Operation Tabas (,the United States%2C Tehran on 24 April 1980.

20 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Is lucid enough to mourn RBG and remember her as a "great legal mind".

I kinda thought Jimmy Carter might die just before the election and therefore help the Democrats win but I guess RBG could do the job instead ! 

• Like 2

On 19/07/2020 at 22:36, Nurse Rached said:

Looks like Carter and Ginsburg are in a dead heat race over who will get to not invite Tump to their funeral first.

Ginsburg wins. Trump will be too busy choosing a real woman to replace that bag anyway so he asked me to send his regrets. I give Carter 60 days!  

• Facepalm 1

On 18/09/2020 at 21:47, CoffinLodger said:

I kinda thought Jimmy Carter might die just before the election and therefore help the Democrats win but I guess RBG could do the job instead ! 

All RBG is going to do is give Trump a third Justice, that old bag should have left 5 years ago

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 18/09/2020 at 19:47, CoffinLodger said:

As if the average American cares about Jimmy Carter. Laughable 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Doc said:

As if the average American cares about Jimmy Carter. Laughable 

Actually, I think Carter is an upstanding man. He is a great citizen of these United States. I like him very much. he just didn't make a very good President. TRUMP 2020!

• Facepalm 1

On 21/09/2020 at 03:59, Nurse Rached said:

Ginsburg wins. Trump will be too busy choosing a real woman to replace that bag anyway so he asked me to send his regrets. I give Carter 60 days!  

Good to see you have your own show on netflix ! 

On 23/09/2020 at 07:27, Deathrace said:

A poor President but a great former President. 

A poor president but a great peanut farmer!

• Like 1

On 24/09/2020 at 10:26, Kenny McCormick said:

A poor president but a great peanut farmer!

I though he was a piss poor peanut farmer, his brother made shitty beer popular though.