Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

u guys should be thinking about putting Jimmy Carter in 2006 :old:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Guest Guest

Why not merge this thread and the Bill Clinton thread with the one created for the other 3 presidents. It seems ridiculous to create a new thread everytime!

Guest Skizz

Good riddence to bad rubbish :D

Good riddence to bad rubbish

What is it with people (espicially Yanks) thinking Jimmy Carter was a poor president. I judge him as one of the best. Look, on his watch, I understand the US lost fewer armed service personnel in action than any other President. Even counting the rescue attempt to free the hostages from Iran.

The Carter foundation looks to assist and monitor elections arround the world. I'm thinking that even after seven interviening presidential terms, Jimmy Carter could do a far better job than the dangerous clown the Good-Old-United-States currently has!

Long live the peanut farmer.

• Like 1

At least Jimmy Carter was an honest president. That is more than I can say for George Bush.

• Like 1

At least Jimmy Carter was an honest president.  That is more than I can say for George Bush.

George is a VERY honest president. The problem is liberal leftists who pretend that Bubba Boy Clinton is the epitome of a saint. Take a good look at the media and see how one sided they've become. A recent poll showed that more than 65% of the media related employees (owners, reporters, editors) voted for John Kerry last November. These are the folks supposedly presenting an unbiased view of electioneering. A great big HARUMPH to that.

With the exceptions of Theodore Roosevelt, Grover Cleveland, Benjamin Harrison and Chester A. Arthur, George W. Bush is the best President we have ever had (followed closely by Millard Filmore, James Polk, Ulysses S. Grant and George H.W. Bush).

• Facepalm 1

So you are saying that U.S. President George Bush was honest when he said this referring to Saddam Hussein, on Oct 28th, 2002 in Cincinatti, Ohio.

"It’s a person who claims he has no weapons of mass destruction, in order to escape the dictums on the U.N. Security Council and the United Nations – but he’s got them. See, he’ll lie. He’ll deceive us. And he’ll use them.”

After more than 3 years of searching, have these weapons of mass destruction been found yet?

And you are saying that former President George H.W. Bush was also honest when he said the following on Aug 18th, 1988 during the election campaign, only to raise taxes less than two years later.

I'm the one who will not raise taxes. My opponent says he'll raise them as a last resort, or a third resort. But when a politician talks like that, you know that's one resort he'll be checking into. My opponent won't rule out raising taxes. But I will. And The Congress will push me to raise taxes and I'll say no. And they'll push, and I'll say no, and they'll push again, and all I can say to them is "Read my lips: No new taxes."

George is a VERY honest president.

You'll be lucky. GWB is a politician and by inference a liar.

The problem is liberal leftists who pretend that Bubba Boy Clinton is the epitome of a saint.

Be advised that in non-USian countries liberals are considered right-wing. From this side of the pond both major USian parties are considered right-wing, the republicans only more so.

That aside: one doesn't need to be a saint to be good president. FDR was certainly no saint, but there's little doubt he was the best US president in the 20th century.

There's no shame in being a GWB supporter, but I doubt future historians will judge him a good, or even mediocre president.

regards,

Hein

If GWB is an honest president, then he must have some subtle reason (beyond my modest skills of comprehension) for masterfully concealing his honesty behind an ingeniously constructed facade of deceitfulness, insincerity, duplicity, corruption and nepotism.

If GWB is an honest president, then he must have some subtle reason (beyond my modest skills of comprehension) for masterfully concealing his honesty behind an ingeniously constructed facade of deceitfulness, insincerity, duplicity, corruption and nepotism.

<_<

regards,

Hein

At least Jimmy Carter was an honest president. That is more than I can say for George Bush.

That's the truth! Jimmy Carter was the most honest president since Harry Truman. Yes he may have been defeated in a landslide by the late Mr. Reagan, but he was a decent honest man who tried to do right. Our country has not seen a president of EITHER party with his integrity since he left office.

83 next year...

Carter's two sisters, his brother, and his father died of pancreatic cancer. His mother had pancreatic, bone, and breast cancer when she died as well.

He has had trouble walking in the past as well as having hemorrhoids... could be considered soon?

• Haha 1

83 next year...

Carter's two sisters, his brother, and his father died of pancreatic cancer. His mother had pancreatic, bone, and breast cancer when she died as well.

He has had trouble walking in the past as well as having hemorrhoids... could be considered soon?

I don't think you can die of Hemorrhoids.. :)

83 next year...

Trouble sitting as well then.

A much earlier Carter thread is located here,

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1430

ah - didnt see that... no i dont think you can die of hemorrhoids, but i think you can from pancreatic cancer

[Topics merged -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

I don't think there is enough evidence to put him on just yet.

If he is to be included, it would be on the basis that we don't want to miss a big one. A bit like Thatcher's listing this year. Even then she was suffering strokes or something.

We don't really want to miss US Presidents. We have had Nixon, Ford and Reagon since 1996. So I think that is 100% since 1987 although I could be wrong.

83 next year...

ah - didnt see that... no i dont think you can die of hemorrhoids, but i think you can from pancreatic cancer

[Topics merged -- MH]

People who suffer from hemorrhoids really should keep their ointment in a different cupboard to their Deep Heat cream, the consequences applying the wrong cream could be truly terrible.

83 next year...

[Topics merged -- MH]

Anyone who has haemorrhoids would have some difficulty with walking.

Carter appears often on CNN talking to Larry King and looks well for his age.

Somehow, I have this feeling that Clinton will be the next ex-president to go. Seeing how old Bill is the only living ex-president who has shown signs of life-threatening health conditions.

Question: does Walter Mondale (Carter's VP, ran for president in '84, and was a Minnesota Senetor for years before) meet the qualifications for Deathlist?

Guest Guest

Jimmy Carter has aged a lot in the last couple of years and his family history of cancer is a very bad omen .Last democrat president to die was Johnson back in 1973 (coincidentally just 4 weeks after ex President Trumans boxing day death),so I guess we're due another one to go fairly soon!

I think its too early for J. Carter... lets wait for a year or two :P

Somehow, I have this feeling that Clinton will be the next ex-president to go. Seeing how old Bill is the only living ex-president who has shown signs of life-threatening health conditions.

I don't put a lot of faith in the lethality of bypasses. My mother had a triple 12 years ago and a quad a year ago and she still works as a massage therapist, anatomy and physiology instructor (don't go there) and full time grandma to 12.

I'm not sure Jimmy's cards are up anytime soon but I have less faith in Billy falling over.