Jump to content
Death list boy

15. Jimmy Carter

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, sheldondinkleberg said:

What does any of this have to do with Jimmy Carter?

 

Jimmy Carter was the reason we got eight years of Reagan following his poor presidency and inevitable defeat in the 1980 presidential elections. Reagan mobilised a group of people that Trump also resonated with, a group of people who wanted to see America become great again; much like both of their slogans.  Arguably, Trump modeled himself and his successful 2016 campaign after Reagan (actor, populist platform, surrounded themselves with corporate CEOs, appeal to evangelicals/silent majority). 

 

Basically if Jimmy Carter had a stronger presidency, perhaps we would never have had a President Reagan nor a Reagan/Republican Revolution thus leading to not having a President Trump.

 

This is the perfect place for them to be having this discussion. Right here on the Jimmy Carter deathlist thread. 
 

Next question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mike said:

 

Jimmy Carter was the reason we got eight years of Reagan following his poor presidency and inevitable defeat in the 1980 presidential elections. Reagan mobilised a group of people that Trump also resonated with, a group of people who wanted to see America become great again; much like both of their slogans.  Arguably, Trump modeled himself and his successful 2016 campaign after Reagan (actor, populist platform, surrounded themselves with corporate CEOs, appeal to evangelicals/silent majority). 

 

Basically if Jimmy Carter had a stronger presidency, perhaps we would never have had a President Reagan nor a Reagan/Republican Revolution thus leading to not having a President Trump.

 

This is the perfect place for them to be having this discussion. Right here on the Jimmy Carter deathlist thread. 
 

Next question.

Quite some assumptions there mr next question. Everything is a reaction to eachother. Carter getting in was because of Nixon fucking up and people being done with Ford. Nixon getting in at that stage was because JFK just happened to have a fancy mug. Which was shown because of the invention of the television which followed the invention of photographs. Is Eadweard Muybridge responsible for the Trump presidency?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, odeon said:

Quite some assumptions there mr next question. Everything is a reaction to eachother. Carter getting in was because of Nixon fucking up and people being done with Ford. Nixon getting in at that stage was because JFK just happened to have a fancy mug. Which was shown because of the invention of the television which followed the invention of photographs. Is Eadweard Muybridge responsible for the Trump presidency?

There's a rumour on twitter that Jimmy Carter is in a bad way and may be in  his final days, but it is twitter so take it with a bucket of salt.All the same I think he should  be on the 2021 list just to be on the safe side ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, odeon said:

Quite some assumptions there mr next question. Everything is a reaction to eachother. Carter getting in was because of Nixon fucking up and people being done with Ford. Nixon getting in at that stage was because JFK just happened to have a fancy mug. Which was shown because of the invention of the television which followed the invention of photographs. Is Eadweard Muybridge responsible for the Trump presidency?

 

I was being entirely sarcastic, namely because there is surely no reason for them to be discussing Trump or the 2020 election in this thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/12/2020 at 21:58, CoffinLodger said:

There's a rumour on twitter that Jimmy Carter is in a bad way and may be in  his final days, but it is twitter so take it with a bucket of salt.All the same I think he should  be on the 2021 list just to be on the safe side ! 

I bloody hope he's on the 2021 list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/12/2020 at 21:58, CoffinLodger said:

There's a rumour on twitter that Jimmy Carter is in a bad way and may be in  his final days, but it is twitter so take it with a bucket of salt.All the same I think he should  be on the 2021 list just to be on the safe side ! 

 

Jimmy doesn't want to attend Kamala's inauguration?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, InquilineKea said:

see the recent bio of him written this year, he was left half blind after his last fall

 

Do you have a link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just realised the last 4 US Presidents to die (Nixon Reagan Ford and Bush ) were all Republican. The last Democrat President to die was Lyndon Johnson in january 1973 , so we're well overdue one ! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy and Rosalynn on New Year's eve.

89DD3F69-C9C5-461D-8A1E-B8FE08DFD3E0.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Jimmy and Rosalynn on New Year's eve.

89DD3F69-C9C5-461D-8A1E-B8FE08DFD3E0.jpeg

Well enough to go out in but oddly in his PJ's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, there was a recent photo of Jimmy while he tried to get the vote out for the Georgia runoffs, and make of this what you will, but I don’t think he’s one for long: 

103B046B-E791-48A0-BAED-910E1E23E7DD.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomorrow at 9 pm, CNN will air a premiere of Jimmy Carter: Rock and Roll President. A very interesting documentary on his relationship to the counter-culture movement of the 70s. Another Deathlister is in this one, I will let you guess which one.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allegedly lying low on account of the virus.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jcc said:

Allegedly lying low on account of the virus.

Can you blame them??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess that makes 2 former presidents that won't be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jcc said:

Allegedly lying low on account of the virus.

 

Did they not hear that he's not going to be there? :huh:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Windsor said:

 

Did they not hear that he's not going to be there? :huh:

Last Presidential couple to fail to attend an inauguration was George and Barbara Bush at Trumps. They were both dead within 2 years ...:mellow:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Last Presidential couple to fail to attend an inauguration was George and Barbara Bush at Trumps. They were both dead within 2 years ...:mellow:

 

 

In fairness though there is actually a killer virus doing the rounds this time round. :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Last Presidential couple to fail to attend an inauguration was George and Barbara Bush at Trumps. They were both dead within 2 years ...:mellow:

 

 

I don’t have the patience to wait for 2 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next FOX News headline: Even democrat President Jimmy Carter believes election was rigged, refuses to take part in inaugation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 years today since Jimmy Carter left office as president today. The first us president to achieve that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Putin said:

40 years today since Jimmy Carter left office as president today. The first us president to achieve that

 

They've all achieved it one way or another.

Even Trump will achieve it, despite being the first where one wonders what he might try in order not to.

 

 

Oh wait, right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Putin said:

40 years today since Jimmy Carter left office as president today. The first us president to achieve that

Thank God he made it to see Biden inaugurated. The thought of Trump presiding over  his state funeral didn't bear thinking about ! I guess it's virtually certain that President Biden will have that sad duty...:(

 

So Carter has lived to see 7 Presidents succeed him (in a couple of hours)..Is that a record?:unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use