Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

31 December 2015 just to cause every deadpool runner a headache.

• Like 2

Not mentioned yet, but it's the 800 lb gorilla: Isn't this going to go down as a bad 'miss' for 2015? I say yes. Carter may not have been in the worst health on 1-1-2015, but he should absolutely be in Dole's slot, among a few other questionable names. Anyway, when he goes, I'll let that conversation commence in the appropriate thread.

SC

If you were Jimmy Carter would you have life extending treatment or not?I kind of think if I was a few weeks shy of 91 and had advanced cancer I would just not bother.

If you were Jimmy Carter would you have life extending treatment or not?I kind of think if I was a few weeks shy of 91 and had advanced cancer I would just not bother.

I honestly don't know. I'm not sitting on the fence. I really don't know. Most arguments are against it, and I can SAY I'd say no, but in the end am I going to be selfish for even an extra hour of life if I can get it? Most likely. I just don't know.

SC

• Like 1

I suppose it depends on the treatment offers and the exact prognosis.

I am guessing we will hear a statement on Wednesday next week that goes something like this

"I would like to thank the many wishes of goodwill and prayers I have received in the last week.Unfortunately recent tests have confirmed that I am in fact suffering from Stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has spread to my lungs and liver.After careful consideration with my physicians and family I have decided to refuse any further treatment in order to spend time with my family and friends.I would appreciate that myself and my families privacy be respected at this difficult time.I have officially cancelled all my future engagements however I do not rule out making public appearences as and when I am able to do so."

I suppose it depends on the treatment offers and the exact prognosis.

I am guessing we will hear a statement on Wednesday next week that goes something like this

"I would like to thank the many wishes of goodwill and prayers I have received in the last week.Unfortunately recent tests have confirmed that I am in fact suffering from Stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has spread to my lungs and liver.After careful consideration with my physicians and family I have decided to refuse any further treatment in order to spend time with my family and friends.I would appreciate that myself and my families privacy be respected at this difficult time.I have officially cancelled all my future engagements however I do not rule out making public appearences as and when I am able to do so."

At first I read that as "(...) I have decided to refuse to spend any more time with my family and friends and so I refuse any further treatment."

Oh sweepstakes, hmm, I'd first like to hear what Carter says next week.

Guest Guest

his brother lasted a year and his sister lasted 6 months after a similar diagnosis, but they were 30-40 years younger than him

I'd view living to 90 as good enough in itself and just go.

Guest droosy

I guess he will last longer than the cheese in my fridge

Are we looking at next years number 1? providing he makes it that far of course?

Are we looking at next years number 1? providing he makes it that far of course?

Definitely.He is incredibly famous and his a piss poor prognosis that makes him a dead cert for next year if not before.

• Like 1

Depends how they pick them. If Number 1 is the first person the Committee agree is on the list, it'll probably be one of the long termers like Zsa Zsa or Rev Billy. Carter would be around Number 4, I'd guess.

• Like 1

I think the top 10 as it stands will look like this:

1)Jimmy Carter

2)Zsa Zsa Gabor

3)Billy Graham

4)Bhumibol Adulyadej

5)Joao Havelange

6)Fidel Castro

7)Muhammad Ali

8)Denis Healey

9)Clive James

10)Kirk Douglas

1)Jimmy Carter

2)Zsa Zsa Gabor

3)Billy Graham

4)Bhumibol Adulyadej

5)Joao Havelange

6)Fidel Castro

7)Muhammad Ali

8)Denis Healey

9)Clive James

10)Kirk Douglas

The striked out ones won't make it.

We in for an epic few months if you are correct Deathray!

• Like 1

1)Jimmy Carter

2)Zsa Zsa Gabor

3)Billy Graham

4)Bhumibol Adulyadej

5)Joao Havelange

6)Fidel Castro

7)Muhammad Ali

8)Denis Healey

9)Clive James

10)Kirk Douglas

You mean we all spent over 7 months now posting numerous (dozens of) links to actual people who have been diagnosed terminally and have an actual number of months left to live, lots of others with real illnesses that will likely knock them down in under 18 months (read: lung and pancreatic cancers), who if by the stars aligning MIGHT squeak into 2016 and be top 10 material, and you put out this hackneyed list like you signed on January 1 and not again till August 14 without reading a single post? Three of those names aren't even sick, just old. I've got a few sheets of paper with names jotted down for next year and I'm not doing good homework at all admittedly.

C'mon man, you can do better. I'll put Oliver Sacks against that entire list, just using one name. Your list also presumes the death of Martin Crowe? Tsk Tsk.

SirC

1)Jimmy Carter

2)Zsa Zsa Gabor

3)Billy Graham

4)Bhumibol Adulyadej

5)Joao Havelange

6)Fidel Castro

7)Muhammad Ali

8)Denis Healey

9)Clive James

10)Kirk Douglas

You mean we all spent over 7 months now posting numerous (dozens of) links to actual people who have been diagnosed terminally and have an actual number of months left to live, lots of others with real illnesses that will likely knock them down in under 18 months (read: lung and pancreatic cancers), who if by the stars aligning MIGHT squeak into 2016 and be top 10 material, and you put out this hackneyed list like you signed on January 1 and not again till August 14 without reading a single post? Three of those names aren't even sick, just old. I've got a few sheets of paper with names jotted down for next year and I'm not doing good homework at all admittedly.

C'mon man, you can do better. I'll put Oliver Sacks against that entire list, just using one name. Your list also presumes the death of Martin Crowe? Tsk Tsk.

SirC

Whoah calm down Sir C.This was a prediction for what I THINK the top 10 will look like not how I want it to look.I really don`t reckon Crowe will be around next year.If I had my way the top 10 next year as it stands would be : Martin Crowe ,Jimmy Carter, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Oliver Sacks Howard Marks ,Brian Sewell ,Antony Booth, Helmut Kohl, Christy Dignam and John Hurt.

I'd be surprised if Oliver Sacks made the Deathlist next year. He doesn't feel like the type they go for. Yes, we know he's on the road out, but they have their ways and means. (They skipped out on Ronnie Dio in 2010 and Christopher Hitchens in 2011, for example.)

The various researches of folk on here are always useful to DDP regulars though. (Well, bar Spade, who is probably "in the know", and DDT, who as Grim Reaper foresees whom he is asked to reap the souls of, and then selects enough living people so as to evade suspicion.)

1)Jimmy Carter

2)Zsa Zsa Gabor

3)Billy Graham

4)Bhumibol Adulyadej

5)Joao Havelange

6)Fidel Castro

7)Muhammad Ali

8)Denis Healey

9)Clive James

10)Kirk Douglas

The striked out ones won't make it.