Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

He just needs a tap on the head 

5$ says his first words after the surgery will be: "thank you doctor, now dear Rosalynn where did I put my belt and hammer?".

It's Jimmy Carter. He'll be back building houses and teaching Sunday school by next week. 

• Haha 1

I'm not so sure.This looks bad to me.Bleeding on the brain is never good let alone at his age . For the first time I'm thinking he might not be immortal after all ! 

• Like 1

In mid-1964, when he was clearly approaching the end and frail, friends used to ask Winston Churchill how he felt, and he described the sensation as being at the end of a long air flight, hanging around above the airport, waiting for the clearance to land and rest.

Jimmy's now taxiing above the landing strip imo.

• Like 2

The fact they're not doing the operation straight away could be a very bad sign if it means he's too weak or unstable for it.The next few hours could be crucial as to whether he's likely to pull through or not. 

4 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

The fact they're not doing the operation straight away could be a very bad sign if it means he's too weak or unstable for it.The next few hours could be crucial as to whether he's likely to pull through or not. 

• Like 1

Looks like he will survive this but obviously getting close to the end would be surprised if he was still with us this time next year.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

Looks like he will survive this but obviously getting close to the end would be surprised if he was still with us this time next year.

I think Rosalynn is also likely to go quite soon after - put her on the list.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Deathtreat23 said:

Something tells me that even through he's survived this, he may still not make it to the end of 2019.

I kind of think this as well... certainly if he survives he'll belong on next year's list

12 minutes ago, chiesa52 said:

I kind of think this as well... certainly if he survives he'll belong on next year's list

I'd be surprised if he died from this but I doubt he will make a full recovery either.

When you are 95 this takes the stuffing out of you and leaves you weak and unable to fully recover.

• Like 1

I hope President Carter lives to be the first president to live to 100 although these recent health developments have me worried. I remember President Ford was pretty active and coherent in his eighties but suffered a few minor health issues that escalated and made him live his last years in decline. 

In the event I would be interested to know who would be speaking at Carter's funeral service. Because lets remember - he was in the world of Washington for four years almost forty years ago. The most powerful man in the world at the time but many of his contemporaries in politics are either also approaching their end (and I doubt there are more active 95 year olds out there) or they have passed on. Vice President Mondale will probably speak if he outlives him. I know for a fact he has a long friendship with Vice President Biden who spoke brilliantly at John McCain's funeral last year. But perhaps Biden's 2020 campaign will prevent him from speaking should Carter pass away before the election. because the spotlight would be on him rather than celebrating the life of Jimmy Carter. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sean said:

Definitely seems like a terminal decline.

Agreed, he is certainly getting close to the end a Urinary tract infection at 95 can be lethal in old people and all these falls and hospital admissions must be weakening him. 

Just now, Fergie86 said:

Agreed, he is certainly getting close to the end a Urinary tract infection at 95 can be lethal in old people and all these falls and hospital admissions must be weakening him. 

Yeah, feels like he is circling the drain now.  

18 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

UTIs are very common in the elderly but not being hospitalised for it.It isn't the UTI that makes me think he is getting near it is the accumulation of hospitalisations.Must be the fifth or sixth time this year.I reckon he will either have another fall or  develop pneumonia before the spring and that will be it.

Reminds me of Gerry Ford's last few months.