Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

If Joe Biden picks him as his running mate he could be president by 2022

If Biden picks him as a running mate he can forget getting anywhere near the Presidency.

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

If Biden picks him as a running mate he can forget getting anywhere near the Presidency.

In that case he should pick Michelle Obama

19 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

In that case he should pick Michelle Obama

She would be the dream for those who want to see Trump defeated (just because she's as close to universally-liked by Democrats as you're going to find), but unless it's completely on the hush-hush, there's no indication that she would agree to it.  That said, she is 25-to-1 on a betting site I saw.  Amy Klobuchar (+250), Kamala Harris (+350), and Stacey Abrams (+500) were the three favorites I saw, with Elizabeth Warren at 12-to-1.

• Like 1

Carter just endorsed Bernie Sanders.  Showing once again that he is not good at presidential politics!  

8 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

Carter just endorsed Bernie Sanders.  Showing once again that he is not good at presidential politics!  

Sanders would be a dream compared to Biden who can’t construct a sentence. He will be on the 2021 list due to late stage dementia. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, War-Lord said:

Sanders would be a dream compared to Biden who can’t construct a sentence. He will be on the 2021 list due to late stage dementia. 

I'm not going to pretend that he's at his full capability, but Biden has a better chance to win the general election than Sanders does.  It doesn't even matter what I personally prefer, I'm just saying that the American people would not elect Sanders in a general election, even against a deeply unpopular president like Trump.  Since it's not a popular vote contest here (laughably), for voters in the states that matter here, they will consider some of Bernie's stances and previous statements as more anti-American than, well, anything that Trump has said or does.  It's sad but I absolutely believe that to be true.  

When it appeared that Sanders was the clear Democratic frontrunner two weeks ago, Trump's betting odds swelled to -220, a high for him.  A couple of days after Super Tuesday last week, Trump's odds dropped back down to -160.  At this moment, they are back down to -115, almost even-money again, as Biden has surged to -1000 to win the Democratic nomination.  Yeah, the Dow suffered a drop and people are panicking over coronavirus, but the Biden surge and Trump's precipitous odds drop in a week are related.  

3 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

I'm not going to pretend that he's at his full capability, but Biden has a better chance to win the general election than Sanders does.  It doesn't even matter what I personally prefer, I'm just saying that the American people would not elect Sanders in a general election, even against a deeply unpopular president like Trump.  Since it's not a popular vote contest here (laughably), for voters in the states that matter here, they will consider some of Bernie's stances and previous statements as more anti-American than, well, anything that Trump has said or does.  It's sad but I absolutely believe that to be true.  

Except his stances on trade will really help him in the states that matters most and he does really well with independents. Biden is another John Kerry type figure who will get his ass handed to him by Trump. Not to mention his severe cognitive decline which I think a lot of people will notice. 

• Like 1

I keep coming to this thread because it has been updated but you are not talking about Carter.

Can you please chat somewhere more relevant rather than bumping this thread.

• Like 1

^There have been so many recent messages that I expected Jimmy Carter to be on his deathbed with a couple of weeks to live at best.

16 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

That's probably the final nail in Bernie Sanders (political) coffin anyway ! 

On 08/03/2020 at 01:14, Bibliogryphon said:

If Joe Biden picks him as his running mate he could be president by 2022

Unless he drops dead from Corona or other things.

On 09/03/2020 at 18:01, Man About The Forum said:

Barack Obama as running mate to have the legal fun of untangling what the US constitution means with regards to term limits.

Can't recall how it all ended but that question was raised in 1980 when it was briefly considered that Reagan would run with Gerald Ford. Ford announced there would be "no dream ticket" fairly soon into that speculation. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Good point

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 25/03/2020 at 09:13, maryportfuncity said:

Can't recall how it all ended but that question was raised in 1980 when it was briefly considered that Reagan would run with Gerald Ford. Ford announced there would be "no dream ticket" fairly soon into that speculation. 

But that would not have been an issue because Ford only served half a term. Obama has had his two full terms

• Like 1

On 25/03/2020 at 10:13, maryportfuncity said:

But Gerald Ford served only one term so theoretically he was able to succeed Reagan (if Reagan would died or stepped back) as all Vice Presidents have to. Barack Obama wouldn't be able to succeed Biden because he already served 2 terms as a President.

• Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, Prophet said:

But Gerald Ford served only one term so theoretically he was able to succeed Reagan (if Reagan would died or stepped back) as all Vice Presidents have to. Barack Obama wouldn't be able to succeed Biden because he already served 2 terms as a President.

Is there an echo in here?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

But that would not have been an issue because Ford only served half a term. Obama has had his two full terms

Indeed but - theoretically at least - he was (partially) damaged goods and the idea that a president arrives with his successor in tow was polluted. To be fair, Reagan's successor was his VP and it worked perfectly in terms of what they'd want.

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Is there an echo in here?

Sorry, didn't read your reply.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jimmy and Rosalynn imploring americans to wear face masks with a picture of the two wearing ones themselves.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/11/politics/jimmy-carter-rosalynn-wear-mask-save-lives-trnd/index.html

• Like 2

8 hours ago, roaming_comrade said:

Jimmy and Rosalynn imploring americans to wear face masks with a picture of the two wearing ones themselves.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/11/politics/jimmy-carter-rosalynn-wear-mask-save-lives-trnd/index.html

He doesn’t look good at all, Rosalynn looks good but Jimmy... now I begin to think he could be a goner this year..

12 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

He doesn’t look good at all, Rosalynn looks good but Jimmy... now I begin to think he could be a goner this year..

I think Jimmy Carter is one of those people who you kind of assume will make it to 100 then he goes of a stroke or something at 96.Shimon Peres was one.Always looked healthy but then a fatal stroke at 93.After all how many brain cancer survivors make it to 100 ?

Looks like Carter and Ginsburg are in a dead heat race over who will get to not invite Tump to their funeral first.

• Haha 3