Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

15 minutes ago, Jasper de Havilland said:

Jasper de Havilland about to crash into a ban? 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Jasper de Havilland said:

tenor.gif.b266f245e13e43856beebc5642458d40.gif

(the only reason he posted this is because the road the crash occurred on was named after Carter, and nothing else)

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

I feel this is more an indication of the COVID pandemic and how long it may last rather than Jimmy not teaching Sunday school anymore due to his own health issues.

• Thanks 1

I think it's worth pointing out that Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama will be in attendance at John Lewis' funeral later today in Atlanta, with Obama giving the eulogy.  You know who won't be there?  President Carter, who only lives about 2 and a half hours away from Atlanta.  

Not a good sign, if you ask me.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

I think it's worth pointing out that Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama will be in attendance at John Lewis' funeral later today in Atlanta, with Obama giving the eulogy.  You know who won't be there?  President Carter, who only lives about 2 and a half hours away from Atlanta.  

Not a good sign, if you ask me.   

Will Trump be there?

2 minutes ago, time said:

Will Trump be there?

Depends if he thinks #BlackLivesMatter

(seriously be absolutely shocking (though not surprising) if he's not).

4 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Depends if he thinks #BlackLivesMatter

(seriously be absolutely shocking (though not surprising) if he's not).

more like it depends if he's got a round booked.

• Like 1

According to folk on twitter, neither her or Rossalyn can travel now due to age and health problems. Which I agree is a big red flag on Jimmy's health (as he and Lewis were very close) and a reminder that former First Lady Ros Carter ought to go on the 2021 DL.

• Like 3

It might be a sign but they are both well in their 90s and the US is being ravaged by Corona.That alone is reason not to go 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, msc said:

According to folk on twitter, neither her or Rossalyn can travel now due to age and health problems. Which I agree is a big red flag on Jimmy's health (as he and Lewis were very close) and a reminder that former First Lady Ros Carter ought to go on the 2021 DL.

I will be shocked if she is alive on Jan 1st and not on the list.

• Like 1

Sadly it seems that Jimmy Carter might be approaching the end of his long and amazing life.His non appearance at John Lewis funeral is the biggest sign yet that his condition is very poor.:(

• Like 3

On the thread about who will win the 2020 election, the roster of speakers at the Democratic Convention has what feels like every prominent Democrat alive today.  Except for Jimmy Carter.  I wonder if that has anything to do with his health

16 years ago this week Jimmy Carter gave one of the  keynote speeches at the 2004 Democrat Convention .It was a few weeks short of his 80th birthday and he mentioned it saying 'if I make it'. Well he made it and then some! Who would have thought he'd still be here 4 conventions later!

If he were to die just before the election would it give the Democrats a boost ?

• Angry 1

3 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

16 years ago this week Jimmy Carter gave one of the  keynote speeches at the 2004 Democrat Convention .It was a few weeks short of his 80th birthday and he mentioned it saying 'if I make it'. Well he made it and then some! Who would have thought he'd still be here 4 conventions later!

If he were to die just before the election would it give the Democrats a boost ?

No do no kill him:rip::(

As mentioned on the Happy Birthday thread, Jimmy Carter's wife, Rosalynn, turns 93 today. :birthday2:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Mike said:

Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter are scheduled to speak tonight at the Democratic National Convention. 

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/politics/democratic-national-convention-day-2-what-you-can-expect/2346719/?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_BAYBrand

Tonight will probably be Jimmy Carters last ever speech to a Democrat c onvention. I hope he makes the most of it, and compares his quiet decency and respect for democratic principles to Donald Trumps chaotic crooked  presidency.It could be a powerful moment, if it's clear this could be Carters last major speech.

At the end of this week i expect Joe Biden to extend his lead in the polls to 15-20 %. Even Trump supporters must now be abandoning him as they see the mess he's made of corona virus !

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

It was audio only due to his age. He did sound a bit slurry throughout, which I guess is expected for a 95 year old that had brain surgery a mere year ago:

• Like 1

If only we had a great man like Jimmy Carter as President now the world would be a vastly better place I'm sure you all agree!

4 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

If only we had a great man like Jimmy Carter as President now the world would be a vastly better place I'm sure you all agree!

Peanuts would probably be cheaper. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Perhaps said:

It was audio only due to his age. He did sound a bit slurry throughout, which I guess is expected for a 95 year old that had brain surgery a mere year ago:

Doesn’t sound that bad, Let appart his work as a president (i don’t know anything about that, I’m not american) he is a dl legend and I hope he has a little bit in him to see 2021

Sounded reasonably ok for a man of 95 who had a brain operation. May make 2021. If he doesn't it'll give Donnie the distinction of one of  if not the only serving President(s) to be effectively barred from  not one but 2 ex Presidents funerals. 

23 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Doesn’t sound that bad, Let appart his work as a president (i don’t know anything about that, I’m not american) he is a dl legend and I hope he has a little bit in him to see 2021

Just heard his speech.He does sound very weak.I am worried that he is too frail even to be seen on video .He could be a l;ot closer to the end than I feared...:(