Jump to content
Death list boy

18. Jimmy Carter

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

If only we had a great man like Jimmy Carter as President now the world would be a vastly better place I'm sure you all agree!


He was regarded as a pretty crap President when he was in the Oval Office. History has been kinder to him and he's done wonders for his own legacy with his humanitarian work. Wasn't built for politics though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:


He was regarded as a pretty crap President when he was in the Oval Office. History has been kinder to him and he's done wonders for his own legacy with his humanitarian work. Wasn't built for politics though.

 

In terms of being the outsider going to "sort out the corrupt insiders at Washington", not being a political mind, and completely lack any PR in his speeches (and his somewhat famous family of hangers on) Carter was a bit similar to Trump in terms of his road to power. November will tell how accurate this analogy is of course, and I'm not sure Trump is going to win the Nobel Peace Prize anytime soon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

If only we had a great man like Jimmy Carter as President now the world would be a vastly better place I'm sure you all agree!

Jimmy Carter was the weakest president we have ever had. If he were president today we would all be speaking Chinese!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doc said:

Jimmy Carter was the weakest president we have ever had. If he were president today we would all be speaking Chinese!

You are being serious, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doc said:

Jimmy Carter was the weakest president we have ever had. If he were president today we would all be speaking Chinese!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Doc said:

Jimmy Carter was the weakest president we have ever had. If he were president today we would all be speaking Chinese!

Curious, after all, Nixon was the first president to seek good relations with China. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, roaming_comrade said:

Curious, after all, Nixon was the first president to seek good relations with China. 

Nixon was building a healthy and beneficial relationship with China, while Jimmy Carter was weak on every front. And as I say if we had someone like Jimmy Carter as president today China would be the dominant world power.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Nixon was building a healthy and beneficial relationship with China, while Jimmy Carter was weak on every front. And as I say if we had someone like Jimmy Carter as president today China would be the dominant world power.

Oh my.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doc said:

Nixon was building a healthy and beneficial relationship with China, while Jimmy Carter was weak on every front. And as I say if we had someone like Jimmy Carter as president today China would be the dominant world power.

China will soon be the dominant world power anyway ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

China will soon be the dominant world power anyway ! 

That may be true, but a Jimmy Carter like figure sure wouldn’t help!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Doc said:

That may be true, but a Jimmy Carter like figure sure wouldn’t help!

Agreed. Jimmy Carter was a weak leader and hopefully he wont be around in the next election for us to hear his stupid worthless opinions.

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/08/2020 at 22:13, CoffinLodger said:

 

 

At the end of this week i expect Joe Biden to extend his lead in the polls to 15-20 %. Even Trump supporters must now be abandoning him as they see the mess he's made of corona virus !

Told you so ! https://www.newsweek.com/biden-leads-over-trump-five-battleground-states-much-12-points-poll-1526927

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/08/2020 at 11:02, Ulitzer95 said:


He was regarded as a pretty crap President when he was in the Oval Office. History has been kinder to him and he's done wonders for his own legacy with his humanitarian work. Wasn't built for politics though.

 

 

Yeah, arguably the most successful post-president ever and probably the only one who could claim to have done more important political work after leaving the Oval Office. Only got 41% of the vote in 1980. Ted Kennedy fought for the nomination and only quit in mid-August which did Carter  no favours. Neither did a brave and disastrous attempt to send special forces in to rescue US hostages in Tehran. Had Operation Eagle Claw succeeded (and at heart it had a major element of surprise and a twist the Iranians didn't know about) Carter might actually have got a second term. As it was his standing never recovered.

 

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Eagle_Claw#:~:text=Operation Eagle Claw%2C known as Operation Tabas (,the United States%2C Tehran on 24 April 1980.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Is lucid enough to mourn RBG and remember her as a "great legal mind".

I kinda thought Jimmy Carter might die just before the election and therefore help the Democrats win but I guess RBG could do the job instead ! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/07/2020 at 22:36, Nurse Rached said:

Looks like Carter and Ginsburg are in a dead heat race over who will get to not invite Tump to their funeral first.

Ginsburg wins. Trump will be too busy choosing a real woman to replace that bag anyway so he asked me to send his regrets. I give Carter 60 days!  

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/09/2020 at 21:47, CoffinLodger said:

I kinda thought Jimmy Carter might die just before the election and therefore help the Democrats win but I guess RBG could do the job instead ! 

All RBG is going to do is give Trump a third Justice, that old bag should have left 5 years ago

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/09/2020 at 19:47, CoffinLodger said:

I kinda thought Jimmy Carter might die just before the election and therefore help the Democrats win but I guess RBG could do the job instead ! 

As if the average American cares about Jimmy Carter. Laughable 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Doc said:

As if the average American cares about Jimmy Carter. Laughable 

Actually, I think Carter is an upstanding man. He is a great citizen of these United States. I like him very much. he just didn't make a very good President. TRUMP 2020!

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/09/2020 at 03:59, Nurse Rached said:

Ginsburg wins. Trump will be too busy choosing a real woman to replace that bag anyway so he asked me to send his regrets. I give Carter 60 days!  

Good to see you have your own show on netflix ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/09/2020 at 07:27, Deathrace said:

A poor President but a great former President. 

A poor president but a great peanut farmer!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/09/2020 at 10:26, Kenny McCormick said:

A poor president but a great peanut farmer!

I though he was a piss poor peanut farmer, his brother made shitty beer popular though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use