Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

Why is Carter higher on the list than Bush? He’s in better shape at 93 than Bush was at 83. Heck, even Kirk Douglas is in better shape than Bush.

Doesn’t make sense to me...

• Like 1

Decent man, we had some great nights out together back in the day. 

49F20B32-A195-4162-B37B-E7A1CBEAAD59_w1023_s.jpg

• Haha 7

During Jimmy Carter's Sunday School on January 7th, he mentions his son getting him a motorized scooter for Christmas. Supposedly he suffered a fall and showed up to church with a cast on one of his hands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Looks great. 

Looks like he has 5+ years left, but he is definitely looking his age! 

im-4854?width=620&aspect_ratio=1.5

Looks better than John Bolton, for age, imo. Always struck me as a prime candidate to do a Jerome Rodale mid-TV interview one day.

11 minutes ago, msc said:

im-4854?width=620&aspect_ratio=1.5

Looks better than John Bolton, for age, imo. Always struck me as a prime candidate to do a Jerome Rodale mid-TV interview one day.

We're all going to be dead when John Bolton gets his way. DL needs to hurry and put the Ayatollah, Kim Jong-Un, Xi Jinping, and Bashar Al-Assad on the deathlist before Trump presses that button.

On "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert".

Was seen at a McDonald's in Kings Mountain. Secret Service searched the whole store before he could come in. 

He should stay out of fast food though, that kills people at a very early age.

33923653_2126902114254016_3158741574813220864_n (1).jpg

Waiting for slow food can also kill you...it's a lose-lose situation...

Kind of tempting to create a poll about who'll be the last living head of state of the 70s. Jimmy Carter or Third-World-Dictator XYZ.

• Confused 1

He will probably live to 100 

• Like 1

On 27/03/2018 at 00:54, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Looks great. 

That covers some ground! 

Damn but that was a fine read in and of itself. Never knew the half of that.

What a contrast to the current incumbent. Nearly welled up there.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0DOJD91_GA

New interview.

I always knew he built houses. I never knew he was THIS involved in building houses.

Also why do interviewers always have to talk to old people like little children?

totally agree with your last sentence : this is so uncomfortable to watch, they juste are like "what a lovely face you have you little baby". No, he's 93 stop talking to him like that :D

anyway, he looks good I think, he will definitely pass the year I think…

• Like 1

He did a 45 minute interview with Chris Matthews the other day looking back at his career. Many people don't know before becoming a shouting tv anchor Matthews worked in the White House during the Carter years as a speechwriter. 

Carter looks good and still as sharp. I still find him an enigma though - he was a conservative democrat for his era yet is now heralded by the left. It's taken almost 40 years for his presidency to get praise as opposed to him just being a great ex president. But also I know two people who have worked close with him - one passed away last year and had known Carter since he was running for Governor in 1966 (he was a local news reporter), and the other is an archivist in Georgia state politics who has had the chance to sit down with Carter as well as other significant Georgian figures like Zell Miller, Carl Sanders, Bill Schupp etc. 

The reporter says Carter was a great campaigner and was a man of the people type candidate but behind the curtain he was actually introverted and his campaign platform wishy-washy. It's not a surprise that the one job Carter has mastered all his life is teaching at Church. 

So in Georgia it was not a shock to political insiders that his presidency was full of crisis and his image was very weak. Back then in Georgia the governorship was one non consecutive term - there was no re-election but if there had been it has been argued he would have lost since a large group of people who voted for him because he was seen as one of their own (white rural farmers and the deep south) felt betrayed at his social and integration policies. But in the presidential election they all came out to vote for him because the south hadn't had a president for almost 150 years. 

He thought if he did things a certain way as president other people would follow him but in fact his micro-management rubbed people the wrong way since it made him seem like he didn't trust them. Also it was his wife who was really the political force and the ambitious one - she was against him giving the famous "Crisis of Confidence" speech because it was pretty much admitting he was overwhelmed by the job but he did it anyway. She was suggesting to take military action against Iran although most of the country were too eventually. During the 1980 campaign she was more optimistic than her husband and the defeat hurt her more than him.

The other guy says Carter is a lot more outgoing as an older ex politician than he ever was as a politician. He didn't have many friends in politics because he didn't try to make them. Maybe because he's mellowed with age but I have  a feeling he's privately happy not to have had a second term since he's been able to fulfill his goals and what he likes without the responsibility/burden of politics. 

• Like 8

On 01/04/2018 at 00:59, Drewsky1211 said:

On "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert".

Amazing shape for one so old but when did he start cleaning his teeth with shit?

On 16/10/2018 at 12:34, anonymous said:

He did a 45 minute interview with Chris Matthews the other day looking back at his career. Many people don't know before becoming a shouting tv anchor Matthews worked in the White House during the Carter years as a speechwriter. 

Carter looks good and still as sharp. I still find him an enigma though - he was a conservative democrat for his era yet is now heralded by the left. It's taken almost 40 years for his presidency to get praise as opposed to him just being a great ex president. But also I know two people who have worked close with him - one passed away last year and had known Carter since he was running for Governor in 1966 (he was a local news reporter), and the other is an archivist in Georgia state politics who has had the chance to sit down with Carter as well as other significant Georgian figures like Zell Miller, Carl Sanders, Bill Schupp etc. 

The reporter says Carter was a great campaigner and was a man of the people type candidate but behind the curtain he was actually introverted and his campaign platform wishy-washy. It's not a surprise that the one job Carter has mastered all his life is teaching at Church. 

So in Georgia it was not a shock to political insiders that his presidency was full of crisis and his image was very weak. Back then in Georgia the governorship was one non consecutive term - there was no re-election but if there had been it has been argued he would have lost since a large group of people who voted for him because he was seen as one of their own (white rural farmers and the deep south) felt betrayed at his social and integration policies. But in the presidential election they all came out to vote for him because the south hadn't had a president for almost 150 years. 

He thought if he did things a certain way as president other people would follow him but in fact his micro-management rubbed people the wrong way since it made him seem like he didn't trust them. Also it was his wife who was really the political force and the ambitious one - she was against him giving the famous "Crisis of Confidence" speech because it was pretty much admitting he was overwhelmed by the job but he did it anyway. She was suggesting to take military action against Iran although most of the country were too eventually. During the 1980 campaign she was more optimistic than her husband and the defeat hurt her more than him.

The other guy says Carter is a lot more outgoing as an older ex politician than he ever was as a politician. He didn't have many friends in politics because he didn't try to make them. Maybe because he's mellowed with age but I have  a feeling he's privately happy not to have had a second term since he's been able to fulfill his goals and what he likes without the responsibility/burden of politics. 

All very interesting and plausible but also...

He could probably count himself unlucky to lose in 1980 - Reagan's age was a factor against him. Had the daring raid on the embassy in Tehran actually come off (amazing plan and the kidnapping Iranians didn't know the walls had explodable nerve gas canisters inside, it was do-able and would have made Entebbe look like a side show) Carter would probably have been unstoppable. He's had by far the most successful post-presidency of meaningful political involvement of any surviving or recently deceased US president.

On 04/11/2018 at 16:55, maryportfuncity said:

All very interesting and plausible but also...

He could probably count himself unlucky to lose in 1980 - Reagan's age was a factor against him. Had the daring raid on the embassy in Tehran actually come off (amazing plan and the kidnapping Iranians didn't know the walls had explodable nerve gas canisters inside, it was do-able and would have made Entebbe look like a side show) Carter would probably have been unstoppable. He's had by far the most successful post-presidency of meaningful political involvement of any surviving or recently deceased US president.

I agree that if Carter's mission succeeded he would have been re-elected but it didn't and it wasn't the only failure. Carter had a lot of problems and a lot of bad luck. 

I hated Ronald Reagan and think he was an evil sob but Reagan won in part because Carter couldn't control his party. Reagan could sit back and watch Carter struggle to get the hostages home, struggle to control inflation and struggle to stop the infighting in the democratic party. 

Ted Kennedy challenged him and went right to the convention floor. Ted Kennedy's liberal wing propped up the independent candidate John Anderson in the general election. I have a family member who voted for Anderson because in his mind Carter was a wimp and Reagan a warmonger. He didn't like either candidate so the third party got his vote and Anderson got almost 6 million votes. 

• Like 1

Based on the footage of the George H Bush funeral, I’d take him off the list for 2019. Maybe substitute him for Rosalynn though. 

• Like 1