Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

Will probably outlive current no. 1 Khamtai Siphandone as well (question of when his doctors break the news to him that he's dead). Tomiichi Murayama still going strong so no. 1 will probably be a bridge too far. Nevertheless a great accomplishment from our favourite former peanut farmer!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ThereWillBeDeaths7 said:

Will probably outlive current no. 1 Khamtai Siphandone as well (question of when his doctors break the news to him that he's dead). Tomiichi Murayama still going strong so no. 1 will probably be a bridge too far. Nevertheless a great accomplishment from our favourite former peanut farmer!

Lol at Khamtai being dead already. Murayama san will probably easily live beyond the 100 year mark, although if I was his advisor I'd probably double down on the security around him. It's a scary world out there for former Japanese PMs right now.

• Like 1

Never underestimate an Asian dictator, Siphandon could hang on for years...

• Like 1

Siphandone has a net worth of an estimated 600-800 million USD. He looked like shit in December but he's the richest man in his country, he could be able to/could try to keep himself alive for a year or two à la Stanley Ho if he or his family wants to (but again, so could Jimmy). There's currently seems to be some power struggle in Laos, he probably wants to live to see his family in power again. However as far as I know Siphandone hasn't made any public appearances this far this year. We'll see, but I think Jimmy will die at #2.

• Like 1

image.png.4097b0a21a3b3515fe20c47a8f932f8b.png
The new hairpiece is doing wonders for Jimmy Carter!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Article seems to be region blocked. Here's one picture from that event

tim3.jpg.6db5b6c51d2ff5c4974264e70ada0e66.jpg

Video:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Looks better than I thought he would ! Even Rosalynn. They both look better than in the last pictures we got of them. 
Funny how Rosalynn looks like an old Mia Farrow here

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Looks better than I thought he would ! Even Rosalynn. They both look better than in the last pictures we got of them. 
Funny how Rosalynn looks like an old Mia Farrow here

I agree, they look frail but much better than in the New Year's pictures and the July ones.

Here's a list of all his known current and past health issues, I did a similar "health history" for Bob Dole ten months ago. Most of the earlier stuff is from Doctor Zebra's Medical History of American Presidents that however does not have any post-Presidency health problems listed:

1952 - Lowered into a nuclear reactor to turn one screw to help avert a nuclear disaster, exposed to "levels of radiation unthinkable today" and told he might never be able to have children again.

1977 - Tear gas irritation during a visit to Iran.

1978 - Painful hemorrhoids that left him unable to walk, treated with demerol.

2010 - Briefly hospitalised after falling ill.

May 2015 - Cancels trip to Guyana due to "feeling ill"

August to December 2015 - Undergoes elective surgery to remove a small mass on his liver on the 3rd of August, prognosis for a full recovery initially said to be excellent.

12 August: Announced that he suffers from metastasized cancer. DL sweepstake started (has outlived all the 30 predictions by over 5 years now).

20 August: Announced that it is agressive melanoma that has spread to in his brain and liver, had a metastatic melanoma tumor removed from his liver earlier. Begins treatment with the immunotherapy drug pembrolizumab, about to start radiotherapy.

6 December: Announced that he has beaten cancer, continues to receive three-week immunotherapy treatments.

13 May 2019 - Falls and breaks his hip, undergoes hip replacement surgery.

6 October 2019 - Falls, suffers a forehead injury and needs 14 stitches.

21 October 2019 - Falls, suffers minor pelvic injury.

11 November 2019 - Subdural hematoma, surgery to relieve pressure from his brain.

3 December 2019 - Hospitalised with urinary tract infection.

Not as impressive as Dole's, Zsa Zsa's or Kumar's, but still very impressive. He's been at death's door atleast two times.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Wonder will he do a Philip and go just a month or two shy of the 100

I just hope that he surpasses the age of John Nance Garner (22.11.1868-07.11.1967) to become the oldest person to have held the office of President and/or Vice President. It would, in a way, seem like a waste, having gotten this far. 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

I just hope that he surpasses the age of John Nance Garner (22.11.1868-07.11.1967) to become the oldest person to have held the office of President and/or Vice President. It would, in a way, seem like a waste, having gotten this far. 

We die when we die irrespective of records.

The fact that all us deadpoolers on here thought he was going to die 7 years ago and he is still seemingly enjoying life at nearly 98 is nothing short of remarkable.Especially when we consider the otherwise lack of longevity in his family.

• Like 2

On 20/08/2022 at 02:20, Sean said:

The fact that all us deadpoolers on here thought he was going to die 7 years ago and he is still seemingly enjoying life at nearly 98 is nothing short of remarkable.Especially when we consider the otherwise lack of longevity in his family.

He might just might become the first former US President to live to 100.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Quoting this for when it dates as well as "Abe Vigoda is getting better" and "Fats Domino could easily see 90". :D

• Haha 10

He looks way worse than his good morning america interview just a year ago...

On 21/08/2022 at 18:48, Gooseberry Crumble said:

That's two years and 38 days away, entirely possible, but this remains one of the livelier threads in the drop 50.

• Like 1

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

On 20/08/2022 at 03:20, Sean said:

Well, there is the so-called "birthday effect", partly explainable by people who want to hold on until a certain goal they have (like the next birthday or perhaps a record) and then die when they reach it.

But I doubt that Carter has John Nance Garner as a goal.

1 hour ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Think it's safe to say he won't be coming to the funeral though. I wonder if any of the former Presidents will be invited. Trump at the funeral?

13 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Think it's safe to say he won't be coming to the funeral though. I wonder if any of the former Presidents will be invited. Trump at the funeral?

Jimmy seems unlikely to be able to travel, and the FBI seem unlikely to allow Trump to travel, but Clinton and Bush will presumably be there. Oh, and Obama. Forgot him.

• Like 4

On 31/08/2022 at 21:29, Joey Russ said:

What was the label on Obama's box?

11 hours ago, msc said:

Jimmy seems unlikely to be able to travel, and the FBI seem unlikely to allow Trump to travel, but Clinton and Bush will presumably be there. Oh, and Obama. Forgot him.

Ha, I hadn't considered that a former President might be considered a flight risk.

• Like 1

The Carter Center have confirmed he didn't get an invitation to the funeral

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

The Carter Center have confirmed he didn't get an invitation to the funeral

If I understood correctly, each country only gets one representative. 

• Like 2