Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

19 hours ago, Seppuku said:

I would be surprised if Clinton made 98, and Biden also seems to be getting a little frail. I can see Dubya making it though.

Obama might

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Putin said:

Just wondering now that you mention that.

Does Bush jr look better at 76, then his father back when he was 76

H Dubya in 2001, age 77:

Screenshot_20221003_173457_org.wikipedia_edit_107222093997701.jpg

Dubya in 2021, age 74 going on 75:

Screenshot_20221003_173818_org.wikipedia_edit_107235210971136.jpg

• Like 3

Less Hair on the head doesnt equal a lower life expectancy (I hope <_<)

As a former president, Carter is a much bigger name than Kissinger is, at least here in the U.S.  I share the worry that he won't see 100, but it's absolutely remarkable that this dude has lived as long as he has.  The guy was a nonagenarian with brain cancer 7 years ago!  

George W. Bush does look very good for his age, and I thought his dad looked pretty good into old age until the effects of his form of Parkinson's really took hold.  Of course both of Dubya's parents lived past 90 (92 for Barbara and 94 for HW), and given his appearance and genes, I'd say he is a good bet to see his 90's, possibly his late 90's.  

Clinton is already pretty frail at the age of 76; he has legitimate heart issues and I can't see him making it to 90.  I'm not even sure if he'll make it for 5 more years, and I don't think he'll make it for 10 more.  I'm not saying that I think he'll be DL-worthy in '23, but I think he will be a sneaky pick relatively soon, in my humble opinion.  

It will be interesting to see who makes it to an older age between Biden or Trump.  Biden is a little over 3 and a half years older, so maybe he'll go first, but I'd give him the slight edge on living to an older age.  They are both clearly in cognitive decline, if not in the same way.  Biden does look like he's in better physical health, as Trump is overweight and has a horrible diet.  Both had parents who made it to pretty advanced ages, so they both have that going for them.  (Biden's dad died at 86 while his mother was 92; Trump's dad died at 93 while his mother was 88.)  

As for Obama, he seems like he's in pretty good health, but he did used to be a heavy smoker and even continued that as president for a while when he was under stress.  He's quit smoking for long enough now (he apparently quit in 2010-ish) that his lungs have probably recovered, but his lung cancer risk will still be 3 times greater than that of a non-smoker.  Neither of his parents made it past the age of 52, so he doesn't have that on his side, either.  Still, he's had an active lifestyle and is in good shape for a man his age, so I think he'll see his 80's, at least.  And with impeccable health care access, if he did come down with lung cancer, perhaps they'd catch it early.  

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

It will be interesting to see who makes it to an older age between Biden or Trump.  Biden is a little over 3 and a half years older, so maybe he'll go first, but I'd give him the slight edge on living to an older age.  They are both clearly in cognitive decline, if not in the same way.  Biden does look like he's in better physical health, as Trump is overweight and has a horrible diet.  Both had parents who made it to pretty advanced ages, so they both have that going for them.  (Biden's dad died at 86 while his mother was 92; Trump's dad died at 93 while his mother was 88.)  

I recall Trump's father suffered from Alzheimer's. His mother was also in poor health most of her life. He's obese, had a rough covid (worse than told to the public) and is rumored to suffer from coronary artery disease.

Biden's health history includes two aneurysms and other health problems in the 80s, gallbladder removal in 2003, skin cancer in the past and a-fib. And at this point I agree, they're both in mild cognitive decline 

GWB has a history of alcoholism and both he and Obama have used cocaine, I recall they've both said they have. Bush has also had some heart problems and had coronary stenting in 2013. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, arghton said:

I recall Trump's father suffered from Alzheimer's. His mother was also in poor health most of her life. He's obese, had a rough covid (worse than told to the public) and is rumored to suffer from coronary artery disease.

Biden's health history includes two aneurysms and other health problems in the 80s, gallbladder removal in 2003, skin cancer in the past and a-fib. And at this point I agree, they're both in mild cognitive decline 

GWB has a history of alcoholism and both he and Obama have used cocaine, I recall they've both said they have. Bush has also had some heart problems and had coronary stenting in 2013. 

Good stuff, thanks for those details.  I don't think I'd worry about the cocaine thing too much, but the alcohol usage and the stent are things to consider for Bush, sure.  I still think he's a good bet to see his 90's.  

• Like 1

Trump and Clinton I both expect to snuff it with very little warning at some point in the next decade or so. Clinton is what LBJ would be if he'd tried to take care of his health in the 1970s, and Trump takes less care of his health than a Glasgow addict. Bush Jr seems in reasonably good nick for his age, barring future illnesses (I do remember when Paul Newman seemed like the healthiest 70 year old in town) - I think he's around for a while yet. Biden's longevity depends on if he retires in January 2025 or not. He could easily go into a quiet long decline and wrack up the years. Even if Obama died young-ish, we're still talking not for another fifteen years plus imo.

Once Jimmy Carter goes, it's a fight between Donald and Billy Boy to be next to go, I think.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, msc said:

Once Jimmy Carter goes, it's a fight between Donald and Billy Boy to be next to go, I think.

For me, it’s now no contest between Trump and Clinton, after Carter. Clinton seems sure to go before Trump; with the exception of an unnatural death. Clinton (who has had multiple health issues in recent years) will be gone by 2030 and I feel Trump (who is still relatively active and seemingly in good health) will not go any earlier than 2034. I still feel Biden will outlive both of them and then Bush will outlive Biden. Obama should also get close to 100. 

It's weird to think that there is currently 5 living former US president whereas there is only two former president still alive in France. 

I know that the length of presidency is one year longer in France than in USA but still, don't know how to explain that… 

Also, I think I'll have to wait a long time to see a former French president on DL again : Francois Hollande is currently 68 and Nicolas Sarkozy 67 so quite young and both in excellent shape. 

Finally, there is still 5 living former French first-lady (so as much as US first-lady) : Bernadette Chirac and Anne-Aymone Giscard d'Estaing, the oldest ones, both born in 1933 ; Cecilia Sarkozy, born 1957; Carla Bruni Sarkozy, born 1967 and Valerie Trierweiller, born 1965. The question of including Julie Gayet (b.1972) in this list is quite tricky. 

If you want my opinion, Bernadette Chirac is the next one to go and I think it'll be pretty soon considering she's weelchairbound, haven't been seen in 3 or 4 years now and is said to be very very frail. A good addition to any list and maybe the official one.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

It's weird to think that there is currently 5 living former US president whereas there is only two former president still alive in France. 

I know that the length of presidency is one year longer in France than in USA but still, don't know how to explain that… 

Explanation:

In the years between 1974 and 2007, France had three Presidents -  Giscard d'estaing, Mitterand and Chirac, all of whom are dead and were DL hits.

In the same period of time, the US had: Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, and Bush Jr.

Your country was too stable, basically.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, msc said:

Explanation:

In the years between 1974 and 2007, France had three Presidents -  Giscard d'estaing, Mitterand and Chirac, all of whom are dead and were DL hits.

In the same period of time, the US had: Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, and Bush Jr.

Your country was too stable, basically.

True. Remember also though that France has a PM. There are 13 living former French PMs.

Our history teacher at school gave us the cruel task of learning all the French PMs of the 20th century. There were 98 PMs from 1901 to 2000 – that's crazy!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

True. Remember also though that France has a PM. There are 13 living former French PMs.

Our history teacher at school gave us the cruel task of learning all the French PMs of the 20th century. There were 98 PMs from 1901 to 2000 – that's crazy!

I chose my years carefully, remembering well from school the inter-war French capacity for changing leaders more often than seasons!  We never heard to remember all the sods though. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Finally, there is still 5 living former French first-lady (so as much as US first-lady) : Bernadette Chirac and Anne-Aymone Giscard d'Estaing, the oldest ones, both born in 1933 ; Cecilia Sarkozy, born 1957; Carla Bruni Sarkozy, born 1967 and Valerie Trierweiller, born 1965. The question of including Julie Gayet (b.1972) in this list is quite tricky.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cecilia surely doesn't count as a first lady? Wasn't he already with Carla Bruni when he entered the Elysee Palace? Or is my memory playing tricks on me? If so, it would be like including Jane Wyman or Ivana Trump on a list of US first ladies.

Anyway, you know Carter's lived longer than all expectations when you've already killed him off and are speculating who'll be the next president to go! :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cecilia surely doesn't count as a first lady? Wasn't he already with Carla Bruni when he entered the Elysee Palace? Or is my memory playing tricks on me? If so, it would be like including Jane Wyman or Ivana Trump on a list of US first ladies.

Anyway, you know Carter's lived longer than all expectations when you've already killed him off and are speculating who'll be the next president to go! :lol:

She was technically 1st lady for his first five months as President.

• Like 2

Nooooo!!!

• Like 1

I'm getting hoax vibes. @CarterCenterUS has single-digit tweets and likes, whilst @CarterCenter is the original, more established account.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

I'm getting hoax vibes. @CarterCenterUS has single-digit tweets and likes, whilst @CarterCenter is the original, more established account.

Looks like a hoax apparently sources close to Carter deny it and he is still very much alive thankfully. 

Yes, it is fake news. 

Long live the king of immortals!

• Like 1