Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

I wonder if it's an early jumping of the gun.

I reckon he’ll go next month. December seems to be a popular month for American politicians dying with George HW Bush, Bob Dole and all that.

• Like 2

The twitter account was one from Tomasso Debenedetti. That was the tweet link that I posted on the previous page before the account was suspended. He tweeted : this account is a hoax from Tomasso Debenedetti » so I guess it wasn’t a jumping of the gun imo

44AF48BB-9DB9-457D-AFAB-8665B0CDF104.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hartnell 1999 said:

I reckon he’ll go next month. December seems to be a popular month for American politicians dying with George HW Bush, Bob Dole and all that.

Bush just missed out, he died November 30, 2018. Besides Dole you could add George Washington, Harry Truman, Gerald Ford, John Glenn and Harry Reid to the US political deaths in December. Smaller ones in recent years too, like Eugene McCarthy, Robert Bergland, Frederick Dent, Johnny Isakson.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

The twitter account was one from Tomasso Debenedetti. That was the tweet link that I posted on the previous page before the account was suspended. He tweeted : this account is a hoax from Tomasso Debenedetti » so I guess it wasn’t a jumping of the gun imo

Why does Debenedetti hate deadpoolers? During the last decade or something he's created a ton of these hoaxes, a very large amount of them being popular pool picks and deathlistees, I guess as they're old/ill the hoaxes might (and have) spread widely, Fidel Castro, Cormac McCarthy, Costa-Gavras, JPdC, Ratko Mladic, Desmond Tutu, one of the most recent ones was Pope Benedict XVI a few months ago but as far as I know that hoax died before it reached these forums. 

• Like 1

Based off the last last photo's released of him, I'd say he has about 7 months left.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

Based off the last last photo's released of him, I'd say he has about 7 months left.

That’s pretty precise 

• Like 2

Flimsy deadpooling reasoning no. 3573:

I think Jimmy will want to die while a Democrat is president so that he gets an adequate send-off.

• Like 1

And a flimsy reason for Carter to stay alive for at least 73 days: on January 22, it'll be 50 years since the death of LBJ, the last Democratic president to pass away.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Flimsy deadpooling reasoning no. 3573:

I think Jimmy will want to die while a Democrat is president so that he gets an adequate send-off.

Won't make a difference.Presidents tend to honour their predecessors passing regardless of party.Plus Carter although unpopular as President is much admired for his activities after the White House.Unless it is Trump perhaps.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carter has opted for a fairly modest send off by Presidential standards.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThereWillBeDeaths7 said:

And a flimsy reason for Carter to stay alive for at least 73 days: on January 22, it'll be 50 years since the death of LBJ, the last Democratic president to pass away.

and Truman passed in Dec of 1972.

Edited by dimreaper
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

Truman actually passed in Dec of 1972.

While that's true, Lyndon B. Johnson passed away a month later (hence 22 Jan 1973)

• Like 2

Interesting to think that between Jan of 1973, and Nixon's resignation, there were no living former presidents.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dimreaper said:

Interesting to think that between Jan of 1973, and Nixon's resignation, there were no living former presidents.

Even more intriguing to think that if Nixon hadn’t stood for the 1972 presidential election, there would have only been two days between the new president’s inauguration and Lyndon’s death (inauguration day always falls on Jan 20th after the election).

20 hours ago, Hartnell 1999 said:

Even more intriguing to think that if Nixon hadn’t stood for the 1972 presidential election, there would have only been two days between the new president’s inauguration and Lyndon’s death (inauguration day always falls on Jan 20th after the election).

And if Johnson would of stood and won the 1968 election he would have the shortest post presidency of 2 days (not counting the presidents who died in office)

• Like 1

I think he'll make 2023

• Like 2

On 11/11/2022 at 18:38, Insane said:

And if Johnson would of stood and won the 1968 election he would have the shortest post presidency of 2 days (not counting the presidents who died in office)

If they died in office then they wouldn't have had a "post-presidency" 

• Like 2

Will he be the first US president in the history to reach 100 years old? Let's see

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Clarence said:

Will he be the first US president in the history to reach 100 years old? Let's see

Great post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

On 04/12/2022 at 19:56, Murdoc said:

I think he'll make 2023

Definitely more likely than not, unless he suffers something like a fall I don't see anything taking him out in the immediate future. It's certainly the safest bet to keep him a Deathlist regular at this point but I honestly wouldn't be all that shocked if he makes it through all of next year, he's frail of course but not massively so for someone his age and doesn't have any terminal illness to speak of.

8 hours ago, Clarence said:

I doubt it. He's been in rough shape for at least three years. Then again, I never would have thought he'd make a full recovery from his Brain cancer diagnosis in 2015.

On 11/11/2022 at 03:36, dimreaper said:

There was a weird time in history during Ulysses S. Grant's presidency where not only he was the only living president, he also had no vice president! Poor guy said he felt really lonely. 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2022 at 14:31, Clarence said:

If Jimmy Carter and his wife both live until 

24 April 2025, not only Jimmy will be the first president to reach 100, but Rosalynn will be the longest lived first lady

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1