Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

My grandfather somehow managed to survive 4 months in hospice, so you never know. Carter might've been in hospice for a week or two already but the family put out the statement today because he has a day or two left. I remember John McCain's and Barbara Bush's family both put out a similar statement the day before they died. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Also, Rosalynn isn't necessarily a goner this year. Yes, the Bushes and Nixons died in quick succession but Betty Ford lasted about five years after Gerald and Nancy Reagan lasted almost 12 years after Ronald. Jackie Kennedy and Lady Bird Johnson (although much younger at the time) even survived their husbands by several decades.

None of them were 96 when their husbands died.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Talking about his longevity, he just surpassed Bob Dole's final age of 98 years and 136 days on 15th February when he reached the age of 98 years and 137 days

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grimgrass said:

These last six months have been truly massive for big world leader deaths (and for celebrity deaths overall). The Queen, Pope Benny, Gorbachev and (soon) Jimmy Carter all gone.

Jiang Zemin, Constantine of Greece, Pervez Musharraf 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Sean said:

Incredible Jimmy made 98 given that he was the eldest of 4 children who other than him are all long gone:

Gloria (1926_1990) 63

Ruth (1929_1983) 54

Billy (1937_1988) 51

All died of pancreatic cancer.Jimmy apparently was the only non smoker which probably explains how he was able to live so much longer.

I'd bet it's cancer that has him in a bad way right now. Both his parents died of it too.

• Like 1

Unless we see a massive retirement or statistical anomaly, he will still be survived by literal dozens of judges he appointed that are still on the bench... Considering the last judge he appointed that was confirmed by the Senate went into office over 40 years ago and is still on the bench, that's just weird.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Comped said:

Unless we see a massive retirement or statistical anomaly, he will still be survived by literal dozens of judges he appointed that are still on the bench... Considering the last judge he appointed that was confirmed by the Senate went into office over 40 years ago and is still on the bench, that's just weird.

None of the judges he appointed are still in active status though. About two dozen still have senior status, which I assume mostly equals "not dead":

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_judges_appointed_by_Jimmy_Carter

And that's not that unusual as he only appointed judges below Supreme Court, i.e. people in mid-career. The later Supreme Court justice Stephen Breyer is among them, as was RBG, who he survived. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

None of the judges he appointed are still in active status though. About two dozen still have senior status, which I assume mostly equals "not dead":

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_judges_appointed_by_Jimmy_Carter

And that's not that unusual as he only appointed judges below Supreme Court, i.e. people in mid-career. The later Supreme Court justice Stephen Breyer is among them, as was RBG, who he survived. 

Many senior judges do hear cases though... Which is kind of my point that it's insane.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Comped said:

Many senior judges do hear cases though... Which is kind of my point that it's insane.

It's not insane, sorry, you want the judges you appoint to be young.

And senior judges are not "on the bench". They get replaced by a successor and often handle just enough to keep their offices. 

• Like 2

Just heard the news, not that I matter. I have to say, 7 and a half years with liver cancer at his age. He's done fantastically. He survived the horror of Ronald Reagan beating him and now this.

• Like 2

Gonna be sad when history’s greatest monster dies: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sinbabad said:

Coincidentally, James Callaghan was the longest-lived England Prime Minister and Jimmy Carter is the longest-lived US president 

British*

• Like 3

I must be the only one on here who doesn’t give a toss about his passing.

In fact, I care a bit more about Dick Van Dyke appearing on The Masked Singer, and I *really* don’t care about that either.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

A suggestion for the headline:

Putting the Carter before the Hearse

Got Carter

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Comped said:

Bill is, undoubtedly, in a bad way. Trump, maybe a heart attack or something - but famously he doesn't drink or smoke, so he's got less chance of lung/liver cancer than most presidents (including Obama)...

Why Trump?? He is in great physical condition and still very energetic. Unlike the old and tired Biden.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Senis said:

Why Trump?? He is in great physical condition and still very energetic. Unlike the old and tired Biden.

Not OP but some reasons might be Trump's seemingly unhealthy diet, his blatant disregard for health advice the fact that he is probably the one with the biggest chance of being shot.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Senis said:

Why Trump?? He is in great physical condition

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Like 3