Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

Let's not rule out Biden going first.

He's just arrived in war torn Kiev today, Putin may be half tempted to take him out.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Perfect Passing said:

Let's not rule out Biden going first.

He's just arrived in war torn Kiev today, Putin may be half tempted to take him out.

His assassination is very unlikely, it would be WWIII. Jimmy will go first 99.9% 

• Like 2

Biden is in pretty good shape for his age, particularly when you consider the job.

The guys on here with boners for Trump need to apply a more objective eye.

PS. Regarding Carter, Lord Field has been in hospice care for over 12 months. 

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 2

7 minutes ago, max_bossetti said:

Dead, according to ilsole24ore.

I didn't find other articles, so it may be fake

A jump of the gun imo 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, max_bossetti said:

I didn't find other articles, so it may be fake

It's the usual premature rumors that come whenever a world famous person/celebrity is near the end of life.

1 hour ago, max_bossetti said:

What does the title of the article means ?

« For the Americans [he was] better as a [private] man than as president [of] USA » ?

Just now, Sinbabad said:

What does the title of the article means ?

« For the Americans [he was] better as a [private] man than as president [of] USA » ?

Carter's presidency is viewed as weak (mostly because of the energy crisis and Iran hostage crisis), but his actions post-presidency have been viewed as admirable (Habitats for Humanity, efforts to eradicate dracunculiasis).

• Like 2

Just now, Drewsky1211 said:

Carter's presidency is viewed as weak (mostly because of the energy crisis and Iran hostage crisis), but his actions post-presidency have been viewed as admirable (Habitats for Humanity, efforts to eradicate dracunculiasis).

Ok. I just wanted to be sure, being not at all fluent in Italian.

Maybe the Americans also respect his longevity, his respect for his opponents (for example he criticized Trump bashing)

He is also very religious, which must mean something for Republicans and/or conservatives 

• Like 1

yeah its 100% fake. the article states that he is 95 which isnt correct.

• Like 1

Amid news of Carter entering hospice, dozens of people made their way to the Carter Center to pay their respects, and his niece Kim Fuller made an emotional speech at the church where he taught Sunday School for many years. 

• Like 2

Him going into hospice means he's going to decline FAST, so it's the beginning of grieving. Everyone has a ton of respect for him because he did so much humanitarian work after his presidency. They want to wish him a happy rest and thank him before he goes, which I can respect. I hope he knows how much people loved him whether they think he was a good president or not.

• Like 3

My online friend's mother got diagnosed with cancer around October. She went in a hospice in January and last weekend there was a funeral for her day after her death (it's a Portugese thing). Big rapid decline once she entered hospice care.

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

My online friend's mother got diagnosed with cancer around October. She went in a hospice in January and last weekend there was a funeral for her day after her death (it's a Portugese thing). Big rapid decline once she entered hospice care.

It varies.My great uncle was in hospice care with end stage lung cancer for 5 months.He wasn't anywhere near as old or frail as Carter was when he went into hospice though.

In the last photos of Carter he looks very thin and frailand has likely lost weight since so he has gone onto hospice care with very little bodyweight to live off of which means he most likely won't last more than a matter of days.

I wonder whether this final decline is simply due to extreme old age or whether he has been diagnosed with cancer again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, InquilineKea said:

Could be pancreatic cancer and wholly unrelated to his previous cancer as all his siblings and father died from it.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sean said:

Could be pancreatic cancer and wholly unrelated to his previous cancer as all his siblings and father died from it.

Doesn't even need to be cancer. Kidney failure is a common one at that age, and comes to mind as something he could have treated if he wished. Pancreatic cancer is a bit too fatal. This news strikes me as Carter deciding at his age it's time to take something he could have fought a decade ago as the sign its time to go.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, msc said:

Doesn't even need to be cancer. Kidney failure is a common one at that age, and comes to mind as something he could have treated if he wished. Pancreatic cancer is a bit too fatal. This news strikes me as Carter deciding at his age it's time to take something he could have fought a decade ago as the sign its time to go.

Yeah could be kidney failure or multi organ failure.Heart failure seems a possibility too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, msc said:

Also it would be pretty awful if he died on the operating table at 98. Far better for all concerned for him to gradually slip away under hospice care at that age tbh. 

• Like 1

On 19/02/2023 at 15:44, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

:clivedunn:

I couldn't make sense of your reply, until I went back to my post and saw you posted the same exact thing 15 minutes before I did. Apologies for not paying closer attention, I just realized that Sunday what the three day weekend was for. Wasn't trying to steal your original thought.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dimreaper said:

I couldn't make sense of your reply, until I went back to my post and saw you posted the same exact thing 15 minutes before I did. Apologies for not paying closer attention, I just realized that Sunday what the three day weekend was for. Wasn't trying to steal your original thought.

Nah, I don't mind. No thought is truly original, and he didn't croak anyway. So no harm done.

• Like 1

The King of Immortals is giving the grim reaper a good run for his money once again.

• Like 3