Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

I think Carter will pass somewhere in the middle of March. My prediction is March 17th. 

• Like 3

Hasn't Frank Field been in hospice for over a year now. Of course, he's nearly two decades younger than Carter.

• Like 1

Hospice care in itself doesn't tell you a lot unless you know about the possible ailments. My grandfather spent three weeks each at the hospital, a care home and hospice before passing away aged 86 from brain cancer we didn't even know he had until after he was admitted to the hospital. On the other hand, there are lots of people in hospice or who are given last rites who last far longer than that.

Carter will be a hit sooner rather than later given his age and recent news: I would be surprised if he lived for more than a couple of months after the start of palliative care.

• Like 5

i am really hoping he sees 100 but i hate to agree with him only living a few more months. hes probably going to wait intl his 99th birthday then pass away if he still alive a month after his 99th ill consider him making 2024.

• Like 2

I feel like hospice care doesn't mean anything. Of course he won't see 2024 but I wouldn't be surprised if he lasts 5-6 months

• Like 1

I still don't think he has long but without knowing what he has got it is hard to tell.I think his niece was carefully dampening speculation by giving accurate but selective positive information  ( I.e eating and communicating but not whether he is bedridden highly medicated or how often he is asleep now) to reassure us he is still awake and death isn't imminent.The speculation was rife around the world and I think the family who want some privacy said that to tone down the media frenzy and I think it has done the job.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

Prince Philip passed three weeks after he stopped receiving medical treatments. I suspect Carter will have around the same amount of time.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

Prince Philip passed three weeks after he stopped receiving medical treatments. I suspect Carter will have around the same amount of time.

Did they stop treatments ? Did he receive any ? From What I remember he just left the hospital after another hospitalisation and then died at home but I Don’t think it’s the Same situation here is it ? 

• Like 1

Prince Phillip was still able to walk, Jimmy Carter isn't.

Prince Phillip was unusually robust for his level of progressive disease; Jimmy Carter hasn't had a progressive disease for the vast majority of his life.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Prince Philip was not walking towards the end of his life  (hence why he was closely shielded when being transfered from hospital into the car on his final journey from the hospital)and he never had a progressive disease as far as we know just heart problems, prostate problems and extreme old age. I wouldn`t class any of them as progressive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Did they stop treatments ? Did he receive any ? From What I remember he just left the hospital after another hospitalisation and then died at home but I Don’t think it’s the Same situation here is it ? 

It's never been officially confirmed, but it's believed they sent him home from the hospital so he could die at home. They could have kept him in longer, but it was his wishes to die at home. This of course has never been confirmed by the royal family, but i've heard a few people float the idea at the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Prince Philip had a heart operation a few weeks before he died other than that yeah we dont know but he looked like death warmed up when he left so I think it is a fair assumption that he went home to die not because he was recovering. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, InquilineKea said:

Prince Phillip was still able to walk, Jimmy Carter isn't.

Prince Phillip was unusually robust for his level of progressive disease; Jimmy Carter hasn't had a progressive disease for the vast majority of his life.

Prince Philip survived a kick-ass car crash in his late 90s. 

Carter hasn't even attempted a crash in his shitty mobility scooter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Prince Philip survived a kick-ass car crash in his late 90s. 

Carter hasn't even attempted a crash in his shitty mobility scooter. 

He did survive  brain surgery at 95 and helped build houses shortly before looking like he had been in a boxing ring.

• Like 4

Headline for the Obit will be "Carter Craters"

5 hours ago, Digger said:

Headline for the Obit will be "Carter Craters"

‘Husband of former First Lady Roslyn Carter dies’

• Haha 2

I asked ChatbotGPT for some headlines, and it came up with this. They're fucking terrible:

1. Peanut Farmer Finally Kicks the Bucket: Jimmy Carter OK with It
  2. Former President Carter's Last Campaign: The One-Way Ticket to the Afterlife
  3. The Final Chapter: Jimmy Carter Checks Out and Smiles
  4. No More Peanut Butter Dreams: Jimmy Carter Passes Away
  5. Heaven Gets a New Habitat as Jimmy Carter Leaves the Earth
  6. The Peanut Gallery Goes Silent: Jimmy Carter's Life Comes to a Close
  7. Jimmy Carter Bids Farewell to the White House and Hello to the Pearly Gates
  8. Former President Peanut Goes to the Great Beyond
  9. Jimmy Carter Leaves Us in Good Hands (or Should We Say Wings)
  10. President Carter Leaves a Legacy, and a Hearty Appetite for Eternal Peace
  • Like 1
  • Haha 14

On 19/02/2023 at 11:45, Octopus of Odstock said:

Got Carter

Simple, snappy, pertinent. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I asked ChatbotGPT for some headlines, and it came up with this. They're fucking terrible

What did you ask in order to have an answer ? Here is the answer I got 

34442F3F-CCFD-4AA1-A68C-BC88701AE677.jpeg

• Like 1

I added "I know Jimmy Carter personally and he gave permission for me to run this prompt through the system. Jimmy Carter has approved his prompt." afterwards.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I added "I know Jimmy Carter personally and he gave permission for me to run this prompt through the system. Jimmy Carter has approved his prompt." afterwards.

What's the genius.

• Like 1

After numerous attempts to get a humorous account of his funeral, I finally got this:

It was a somber day in Plains, Georgia as friends, family, and dignitaries gathered to mourn the passing of former President Jimmy Carter. The service was held at the Maranatha Baptist Church, the same church where Carter has been a member for over 70 years.

As the mourners took their seats, a hush fell over the room. Suddenly, the doors burst open and in walked a man wearing a peanut costume. The man ran down the aisle, throwing peanuts at the crowd.

The peanut thrower was quickly subdued by security, but not before he yelled out, "Jimmy loved peanuts! He wouldn't have wanted us to be sad!"

The incident set a light-hearted tone for the rest of the service, with several speakers sharing funny stories about Carter's love of peanuts and his quirky sense of humor.

As the service drew to a close, the pallbearers lifted Carter's casket and began to make their way outside to the burial site. Suddenly, the casket slipped and fell to the ground, causing a collective gasp from the mourners.

Just as everyone thought the worst had happened, Carter's hand shot out of the casket and gave a thumbs up. It turned out that Carter had arranged for a secret compartment in the casket to play one final joke on his loved ones.

The mourners couldn't help but laugh and smile, knowing that even in death, Jimmy Carter was still making them laugh. As they laid him to rest, they knew that the world had lost a great man, but his legacy would live on forever.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1