Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

All the talk about Carter's longevity and immortality reminded me, over a year ago I saw this post by drol while searching for something:

On 06/12/2019 at 20:28, drol said:

The brand-new generation of immortals created in 2019:

1)Jimmy Carter: melanoma which metastasized to the brain, fall with cerebral hemorrhage, urinary infection, continuos hospitalizations and being over 95. None of this thing suffice to kill the old peanut lover.

2)Lata Mangeshkar: spending a week on life support for acute respiratory failure and a month in ICU is not enough to kill a 90-year old overweight national icon. Another pearl from the country of immortals.

3)Balbir Singh Sr.: Acute respiratory and heart failure, 14 days on life support, three months in ICU, a heart attack and another fortnight in ICU, pneumonia and again in ICU with respiratory failure. Nothing is enough to kill a 95 year old man who breathes through a tube.

4)Daniel arap Moi: Repeated hospitalizations, acute respiratory failure and almost a week on life support, over two months in hospital, one of whom in ICU. Still no harm to the 95 year old dictator.

5)Leiji Matsumoto: Suffers severe stroke and put on life support. Two weeks later discharged in excellent conditions-

6)Manolis Glezos: 97-year old resistance fighter, neurological problems, in ICU with heart and respiratory failure, and great deterioration in general health. The natural outcome, he survives and is discharged in good health.

7)Desmond Tutu: prostate cancer for 20 years (!!!!), continuos hospitalizations for infections, 88 year old, but, no, hey, he is well and goes home again.

8)Everton Weekes: heart attack in June, minimizes everything, again hospitalized for medical emergency some months later, and presumably still recovers at 94.

9)Dilip Kumar: No one heard anything from him from over a year. This guy is 97 and was continuosly hospitalized for pneumonia and infections, plus he has late stage dementia and is likely to be a vegetable with kidney failure on permanent dialysis.

10)Hau Pei-tsun: severe stroke at 99, still going at 100 and no hints at a possible demise.

Almighty science in keeping alive human cases.

I didn't double-check, but I think he's been the last survivor of this list since Leiji Matsumoto died last month.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

meanwhile… 

they're playing with us…

Yesterday, they posted this, which is the exact same background and font as his hospice announcement. That really messed with my emotions

48A23A9B-9FFA-464A-8C93-CC2A98483191.jpeg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

Yesterday, they posted this, which is the exact same background and font as his hospice announcement. That really messed with my emotions

48A23A9B-9FFA-464A-8C93-CC2A98483191.jpeg

Yes, I saw it ! And Same, I just had a heart jump I thought it was it… then no 

• Like 1

Hello, I'm new here. From looking at President Biden's statement about delivering Carter's eulogy, it seems like it's probably the cancer that was "cured" back in 2015 by immunotherapy that has come back to eventually claim him, though Carter seems to have the fighting spirit of a wolverine.

• Like 3

On 15/03/2023 at 09:52, Lafaucheuse said:

they're playing with us…

The Jimmy Carter National Park has been doing this for weeks. Personally, I'm glad they're posting wholesome stories instead of morbid health updates.

• Like 6

So we don't think it'll be long before Jimmy is carted off? 

• Like 1

As long as he doesn't pass away at the end of April. I've just bought two tickets to go see Obama in the Ziggo Dome on the 1st of May and a state funeral on that day might just be a hindrance to the whole event :)

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2

On 19/03/2023 at 17:51, Miranda lass said:

So we don't think it'll be long before Jimmy is carted off? 

Don't say that, you're putting a curse on Bidon!

• Like 1

The Old Crem is reproducing by parthenogenesis.

• Like 1

On 21/03/2023 at 03:43, maryportfuncity said:

Don't say that, you're putting a curse on Bidon!

Havn't you noticed whats going on in the U.S.? There is already a curse on Biden.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

Rather than just posting a link of a million characters, which I’m never clicking on, link it like this and tell us what it’s about. It’s the ‘link’ button, next to the smiley face.

soft and subtle, I like that

• Like 1

Here's something I just thought about. Jimmy Carter's hospice announcement came on  the two year anniversary of Bob Dole announcing he had lung cancer. Dole who was in his 98th year at the time of the announcement lasted until December 5. While Carter doesn't have lung cancer, their are whispers he's suffering from a recurrence of brain cancer. I wonder what the chances are he could match Dole by lasting until the end of the year.

• Shocked 2

2 hours ago, coolman5464 said:

Will he make it to April? 

Very well may.  Hospice is for those expected to die within 6 months though typically it’s a month.  If he survives we all owe @diego a DL Cup apology.  In fact he should get sone sort of bonus.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Muito bem pode. Hospice é para aqueles que se espera que morram dentro de 6 meses, embora normalmente seja um mês. Se ele sobreviver, todos nós devemos @diego um pedido de desculpas da DL Cup. Na verdade, ele deve receber um tipo de bônus.

I liked the idea of the bonus, hahaha, I'm in the crowd here for him to endure at least until AprilI liked the idea of the bonus, hahaha, I'm rooting here for it to hold out at least until April

• Like 1

I reckon he will go around the same day as Rolf Harris.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just wanna say that march 22 was it was 4 years since Carter surpassed GHWB final age and took over the title as the longest lived US president. So am wondering how long he will have that title before someone will surpass his age. Biden is the oldest after Carter now. So unless someone that is older then Biden becomes president later on, he have to live 18 years and 51 days after Carter dies to surpass him, if Biden lives that long then.

Most likely of the current living presidents to surpass Carter GWB and maybe Obama since he is just 61 years now.

Carter is almost 98.5 years now, and am not sure if any of the current US will reach that age, and it can take a long time before that record will be broken. Probably not so long as John Adams who was the longest lived president from when he surpassed George Washington age in 1803, untill Ronald Reagan surpassed him in 2001 after 198 years. But I can imagine it can take 50+ years before someone else surpassas Carters age.

Just wanted to share that thought, and what others on community think about this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Putin said:

if any of the current US will reach that age, and it can take a long time before that record will be broken years.

If Biden and former presidents want to break Carter’s longest post presidency record, it will take much time :

Clinton would have to live until at least 28 march 2043, he would be 96 years old

Bush to live 28 march 2051, 104 years

Obama to 28 march 2059, 97 years 

Trump to 28 march 2063, 116 years (breaking Jiroemon Kimura’s record of longest lived male !)

Biden to 28 march 2067, 124 years (breaking Jeanne Calment’s record !)

Edited by Sinbabad
Thanks Bibliogryphon I forgot him !
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

If Biden and former presidents want to break Carter’s longest post presidency record, it will take much time :

Bush would have to live until at least 28 march 2051, he would be 104 years old

Obama to 28 march 2059, 97 years 

Trump to 28 march 2063, 116 years (breaking Jiroemon Kimura’s record of longest lived male !)

Biden to 28 march 2067, 124 years (breaking Jeanne Calment’s record !)

Not giving Clinton a chance?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While we're at it with the statistics:

For each living US President to reach Carter's age (which he will likely add some final weeks or months to): 98,5 years old on April 1, 2023

(Not bothering with exact number of days, just a casual estimation)

Biden (1942): May 20, 2041

Trump (1946): December 14, 2044

Bush (1946): January 6, 2045

Clinton (1946): February 19, 2045

Obama (1961): February 4, 2060

While I could see a couple of them living to 90+, chances of any of them breaking the record are pretty small.

• Like 4