Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

still convinced he won't be the next hit. I can't tell why but I have the feeling Woodward will drop dead just days before or after her 93rd birthday on the 27th

• Like 2

2 hours ago, drol said:

The King of Immortals is giving the grim reaper a good run for his money once again.

A few days ago, his total lifespan has exceeded that of your past favorite Le Duc Anh.

• Like 1

On 20/02/2023 at 05:36, max_bossetti said:

His assassination is very unlikely, it would be WWIII. Jimmy will go first 99.9% 

Obama could go before Jimmy. After all, nobody ever expected JFK to die before... Herbert Hoover

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Hozonkai said:

Obama could go before Jimmy. After all, nobody ever expected JFK to die before... Herbert Hoover

Carter will likely die before John Tyler's last grandson. John Tyler was President 180 years ago.

• Like 1

He could conceivably make it to mid March, but I doubt he'll last much longer than that. A family friend who was born the same year as Carter just passed this week after a month in hospice.

• Like 2

4FAD11D3-6984-4E7E-A7A4-0C826E92B9D9.thumb.jpeg.1c6e2e0d17846450cdfb6b2be8746867.jpegJimmy Carter’s message when the voyager launched.

• Like 4

Seeing as how the only update we are most likely to get is the announcement of his death, I’m getting notifications from The Carter Center’s Twitter account sent to my phone

Edit: Though keep in mind, they are still posting every once in a while

• Like 2

Just now, ajlposh said:

Seeing as how the only update we are most likely to get is the announcement of his death, I’m getting notifications from The Carter Center’s Twitter account sent to my phone

How do you do that?

Just now, Sean said:

How do you do that?

I think you have to follow the account and then press the button with the bell on it, next to the button that says “Following”

19 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

I think you have to follow the account and then press the button with the bell on it, next to the button that says “Following”

Yep, that’s how I did it. They retweet and post a few things every day and everytime I get a Twitter notification, I get all « excited ». 
Let’s see who’s gonna be the first to report it once the right notification pops up ;)  

4 minutes ago, sklauda1 said:

Would it be in bad taste to take bets on the date he goes?

There’s a sweepstakes thread for that. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sklauda1 said:

Would it be in bad taste to take bets on the date he goes?

I mean, the whole point of the deathlist and this website is to anticipate when celebrities will pass. 

• Like 2

On 25/02/2023 at 10:32, Sir Creep said:

Nothing more distasteful than last-minute autograph seekers.

I do wonder if anyone actually could figure out what was the last thing he signed - I'd assume it would have had to have been through the mail as he made far fewer personal appearances in the past few years and stopped preaching in 2019 or 2020.

• Like 1

Saw one flag at half mast in my neighborhood, but every other flag wasn’t, early jumping of the gun perhaps?

• Confused 2

That he had "a good day" and may "have some time left".

Iron immortal till the end.

Also that he's still eating and talking. Rolf Harris hasn't been doing either of these at least since last October...

It doesn't sound like he is at deathdoor. Hospice care doesn't mean he is on his deathbed. He could live up to 5-6 months in hospice care. I assume this is what awaits us. We were probably all too quick to say he'd die within a week. 

• Like 1

Patty Andrews was in hospice for at least a year. It’s very possible. I’m gonna assume he won’t see 2024, though

• Like 3