Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

Yeah, well I don't think he's coming to grief in the near future.

• Like 1

Yeah, well I don't think he's coming to grief in the near future.

Well he'll be doing some sea trout fishing so there's always a chance.

A few news sites are reporting that Jimmy Carter escaped an al Qaeda inspired assassination attempt while visiting The Gaza Strip today. That would have been a not insignificant death.

Another Report

Carter had a lucky escape; the [200kg] bomb would have been lethal had it exploded.

Lethal 200kg bombs? Whatever next? :evil2:

I saw pictures of Mr Carter on the box today, as he fetched a US prisoner from North Korea. He's looks like he's 85, but otherwise he seems in good nick.

carterinnorthkorea.jpg

regards,

Hein

In hospital in Cleveland after falling ill en-route.

Happy Birthday Jimmy.

88 Today.

My thoughts are that Jimmy will still not be the next former president to pass away.

Guest Personage

One thing for sure Jimmy Carters funeral isn't going to cost much - I would think the price is just peanuts!

Happy Birthday Jimmy.

88 Today.

My thoughts are that Jimmy will still not be the next former president to pass away.

I think he could be the first US president to reach 100.

Happy 90th, mr president. :party:

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

The moon will be out singing tonight but I don't know about aliens. UFO's?

"There were about twenty of us standing outside of a little restaurant, I believe, a high school lunch room, and a kind of green light appeared in the western sky. This was right after sundown. It got brighter and brighter. And then it eventually disappeared. It didn't have any solid substance to it, it was just a very peculiar-looking light. None of us could understand what it was."

I hope Jimmy Carter lives many more years! He's awesome!

Now 90 and still travelling in the Middle East:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/02/jimmy-carter-gaza-israel-jerusalem

Not any longer ...

Former President Jimmy Carter cuts trip short because of illness

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/10/politics/illness-cuts-jimmy-carter-trip-short/index.html

Definitely worth monitoring this as both his parents and all 3 of his younger siblings died from pancreatic cancer.

Now 90 and still travelling in the Middle East:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/02/jimmy-carter-gaza-israel-jerusalem

Not any longer ...

Former President Jimmy Carter cuts trip short because of illness

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/10/politics/illness-cuts-jimmy-carter-trip-short/index.html

Definitely worth monitoring this as both his parents and all 3 of his younger siblings died from pancreatic cancer.

So, he could be in the family way, then?

Today Jimmy Carter has surpassed the lifespan of John Adams of 90 years and 247 days. This now means that the four longest living Presidents in order are:

1. Gerald Ford; July 14, 1913-December 26, 2006; 93 years, 165 days

2. Ronald Reagan; February 6, 1911-June 5, 2004; 93 years, 120 days

3. George H.W. Bush; June 12, 1924-still living; 90 years, 359 days

4. Jimmy Carter; October 1, 1924-still living; 90 years 248 days

This is significant because the four longest lived U.S. Presidents served consecutively to each other from 1974-1993, each have lived longer than every President from George Washington to Richard Nixon, they each lived into the 21st Century, and two of them (George HW Bush and Jimmy Carter) are still alive. Also we are now in the second period in history that two 90+ year old Presidents were alive at once, the first period was between July 13, 2003 (Gerald Ford's 90th birthday) and June 5, 2004 (Ronald Reagan's death). On October 1, 2014 Jimmy Carter turned 90 and joined George HW as the other living President who turned 90 on June 12, 2014.

• Like 2

Today Jimmy Carter has surpassed the lifespan of John Adams of 90 years and 247 days. This now means that the four longest living Presidents in order are: 1. Gerald Ford; July 14, 1913-December 26, 2006; 93 years, 165 days

2. Ronald Reagan; February 6, 1911-June 5, 2004; 93 years, 201 days

This is significant because the four longest lived U.S. Presidents served consecutively to each other from 1974-1993, each have lived longer than every President from George Washington to Richard Nixon, they each lived into the 21st Century, and two of them (George HW Bush and Jimmy Carter) are still alive. Also we are now in the second period in history that two 90+ year old Presidents were alive at once, the first period was between July 13, 2003 (Gerald Ford's 90th birthday) and June 5, 2004 (Ronald Reagan's death). On October 1, 2014 Jimmy Carter turned 90 and joined George HW as the other living President who turned 90 on June 12, 2014.

I still reckon that - in that company - Carter may prove the longest lasting. Bush, the elder, is only a matter of months older than Carter, and in way worse health.

Today Jimmy Carter has surpassed the lifespan of John Adams of 90 years and 247 days. This now means that the four longest living Presidents in order are: 1. Gerald Ford; July 14, 1913-December 26, 2006; 93 years, 165 days

I still reckon that - in that company - Carter may prove the longest lasting. Bush, the elder, is only a matter of months older than Carter, and in way worse health.

I agree, in fact I expanded on this premise in the George HW Bush thread. I think there a good chance GHWB will die before the 2016 election and the usual post-mortem nostalgia for recently departed Presidents will help his son Jeb Bush get elected. Jimmy Carter has less than three years to go in order to beat Gerald Ford's record and I don't think GHWB will beat Ford's longevity. With GHWB out of the way Carter will have a clear shot at the longevity title and then he will have all the big longevity records, he will have the longest retirement (he already does since 2012 surpassing Hoover) of 34 years and counting as well as overall longevity.

Then there is the minor record of being the oldest second oldest living President in history in about a couple of months when (assuming GHWB lives that long) Carter will surpass the age Gerald Ford was on the day of Ronald Reagan's death on June 5, 2004 when Ford was just a month shy of his 91st birthday. In other words Carter is like Ford was, 90 years old and still not yet the oldest living President.

• Like 1

Guest awesome guest

Today Jimmy Carter has surpassed the lifespan of John Adams of 90 years and 247 days. This now means that the four longest living Presidents in order are:

Reagan was older than ford though

Guest Guest

GHW Bush is unlikely to beat Gerald Fords record as longest lived president , so he WILL die this year next year or the year after ! Jimmy Carter on the other hand will live to be 98 at least

Actually because you pointed it out I see I made a typo and I corrected it. It should read Gerald Ford; 93 years 165 days and Ronald Reagan; 93 years 120 days

Guest awesome guest

Actually because you pointed it out I see I made a typo and I corrected it. It should read Gerald Ford; 93 years 165 days and Ronald Reagan; 93 years 120 days
glad I could help