Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

Maybe his family history of pancreatic cancer has caught up with him. :wacko: If the liver surgery is linked to that he is really in trouble.

• Like 1

Maybe his family history of pancreatic cancer has caught up with him. :wacko: If the liver surgery is linked to that he is really in trouble.

Well yeah, they "described the surgery as elective", which would suggest that the disease was not malignant (either a benign tumour {e.g. adenoma} or gallstones etc.), but they might have an incentive to lie (to keep him hopeful til the very end, protect his privacy). Only time will tell…

• Like 3

Damn it... Jimmy Carter is one of my favorite politicians and I was hoping he'd make it to 100, or at least become the oldest president ever.

On the other hand, it doesn't seem very serious.

I think he'll be alright.

Livers are tough. I wrote about my uncle on the Predict your Death thread. He survived for many years with a 10% functioning liver. I am optimistic for Jimmy. It doesn't feel like he's done yet.

• Like 1

I hope Carter survives Bush Sr., so that the next picture of the living presidents shows Bush Jr. surrounded by four democratic presidents.

• Like 2

Every time I see Carter on the telly, he always looks more jaundiced. At first I thought it was the colour settings going a bit skewed, but this latest op explains it.

I feel like his family history would actually be a help if he were diagnosed with pancreatic cancer since that presumably would mean he gets checked for that particular cancer more often due to the family risk and so if he does get diagnosed it would get caught much earlier, since a large reason for pancreatic cancer being such a bastard is the fact that it only exhibits noticeable symptoms when it's already at an advanced stage.

Charlotte Rae, one of only 10 people in Wiki's "pancreatic cancer survivors" category, is one such example of someone who got pancreatic cancer caught early due to family history and 6 years after the diagnosis she's still here.

• Like 2

I put him top in my Inverse deadpool so if he goes this year I am really stuffed. The two Chris's have scuppered my chances of retaining the title but if Jimmy went my current 6th place would be long gone.

This is sad :( Jimmy Carter is awesome.

Hope he pulls though but knowing his age he probably won't and just now according to the article it has spread looks like the dream of him being the oldest us president is over.

• Like 1

Hope he pulls though but knowing his age he probably won't and just now according to the article it has spread looks like the dream of him being the oldest us president is over.

I wish he would at least make it to 2016 so he can be a hit for the Deathlist and many more shadow lists/deadpool teams.

Does anyone think we should do sweepstakes or is it too early?

Shame to hear this. One of the rare politicians I really like, even if largely for reasons that made him lackluster as a politician.

Guest Guest

all his relatives died of cancer. I guess its inevitable he'd go the same way . :(

Guest Guest

Liver cancer that's spread to other parts of his body,and nearly 91. He's a gonner I'm afraid. :(

Kinda weird to think that as recently as a month ago everyone assumed Carter would outlast Bush Sr. yet with this news the opposite seems much more likely.

• Like 3

It says the cancer has metastisized to other parts of his body- the question now is, how fast is the doubling time of this cancer? He may live until next year, but I think he definitely needs to be on next year's list if he survives... the one best treatment for cancer is physical removal, if chemo leaves only a few resistant cells, they will grow into tumors that are resistant to that form of chemo- and then they try others that don't work as well, and so on - it's eventually a losing battle most of the time- sorry to hear it he's a good guy

• Like 2

I think it is highly probable he is suffering from stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has spread to the liver based on his family history and recent surgery.As a former president he can respect the very best healthcare available which should see him into 2016.His odds of seeing 2016 through are almost nil so definitely a top 3 hit for DL next year.

• Like 3

It doesn't sound good for ol Jimmy Boy. The 2016 Nags longlist is starting to shorten dramatically. :skull:

It says the cancer has metastisized to other parts of his body- the question now is, how fast is the doubling time of this cancer? He may live until next year, but I think he definitely needs to be on next year's list if he survives... the one best treatment for cancer is physical removal, if chemo leaves only a few resistant cells, they will grow into tumors that are resistant to that form of chemo- and then they try others that don't work as well, and so on - it's eventually a losing battle most of the time- sorry to hear it he's a good guy

It really is, apparently the 5 year survival odds for Liver Cancer that has spread is 11% that is pretty low at the best times, added to the fact that Jimmy Carter is almost 91 years of age then the odds must be even lower, it is sadly only a matter of when not if Jimmy Carter will die from Cancer.

Guest Deb E.

I guess we (The United States) are looking at a state funeral and at least 3 days of national mourning in the near future.

I"m still giving him 2016, but just barely.

I'll start the damned sweeps.

January 20, 2016 (Inauguration Day in these parts, so he can reminisce).

SirC

• Shocked 1