Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

I drove by the ambulances near where Jimmy Carter was working (yeah, I live in Winnipeg...) Freaked me out since I knew he was here today but glad to hear he is okay! :biggrin:

Jimmy Carter out of hospital to attend the 8 am devotional at the build site of Habitat for Humanity, then left for further rest. Looks pretty good. There is a couple of pictures here including shaking hands with the Mayor.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/jimmy-carter-hospital-winnipeg-1.4204869?cmp=rss

• Like 3

Hmmm

Not planning on picking JC anytime soon - wouldn't rule out a 100th birthday for a guy who still seems so engaged with life. Seriously, he's likely doing more significant lasting work for the planet in retirement than the current president is doing in post.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Hmmm

Not planning on picking JC anytime soon - wouldn't rule out a 100th birthday for a guy who still seems so engaged with life. Seriously, he's likely doing more significant lasting work for the planet in retirement than the current president is doing in post.

Not that hard a bar, mind you!

• Like 2

Carter predicts U.S.A. will eventually have single payer healthcare.

I think he's right on this one, I feel like Obamacare was set up to pave the path for single payer healthcare in the future.

I wouldn't necessarily say Carter is credible in his "predictions" though, I recall him predicting presidents will one day have 6 year terms.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

We have a single payer system in Norway and it is wonderful. EVERYONE pays for health care through their jobs, unemployment or retirement pay. We chose our own doctors, can change them up to twice a year. You can chose the hospital you want to be treated in - most chose the local hospital though since driving times are far in Norway. Small co-payments for doctor appointments and emergency room visits - free when the 350 dollar limit is reached each year. No costs for hospitalization. Free prescriptions AFTER one pays that first 350 dollars each year. Everyone is covered. It requires that everyone be legally registered to live in Norway and have a Social Security (Person ID) number. (Free clinics for illegal aliens, they somehow get registered off the books - a sore point for those who pay for the health care system.) I paid more taxes when I lived in the USA than I do now in Norway. Cheap in the long run when everyone gets treated at earlier stages in their diseases/illnesses. Carter is a visionary.

• Like 6

Yeah, Carter looks great. I actually plan to see him at Maranatha Baptist Church in Plains next week. Should be a fun experience :lol:.

• Like 1

I was able to see him at church a couple of weeks ago, and I think that he's in excellent shape for his age. He was standing up and walking around the entire time he was teaching, which was about an hour. He was also aware of current issues, and actually compared them to verses in the Bible. There was a session before the Sunday School lesson where he had a few conversations with the people attending. Overall, a pretty fun experience.

• Like 3

After the joint snub of current US president Trump with the other five that are alive he decides he fancies a trip to North Korea to hold peace talks with North Korea

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jimmy-carter-wants-to-be-trumps-north-korea-envoy

I suppose he's too old to give a fuck about being taken as a political prisoner?

Missus looks like a soulless zombie in that first pic....

Was honored by none else than...Argentina!

The former president was given the ‘Order of the Liberator General San Martín.’, apparently their highest order there.

Who tf still goes to Argentina?!... well except for drug lords and fallen despots (you hear that Mugabe?)

newsEngin.20335960_111817-nuestra-comunidad.jpg

Worth noting that Jimmy Carter has previously stated a firm intent to outlive the rather nasty tropical disease his foundation has been trying to eradicate for the past couple of decades (Guinea Worm), and that job is not finished yet: 251.pdf

• Like 1

10 hours ago, paddyfool said:

Worth noting that Jimmy Carter has previously stated a firm intent to outlive the rather nasty tropical disease his foundation has been trying to eradicate for the past couple of decades (Guinea Worm), and that job is not finished yet: 251.pdf

The question always remains: what has this innocent animal ever done to him that he wants to eliminate every last one...?

maybe he gets infected with the last worm and they go together

A statue of his in Rapid City, South Dakota has been vandalized (not a hate crime, apparently), which proves once again that the Simpsons predicted everything.

Also, South Dakota still exists.

Jimmy+Carter+Statue.jpg

jimmy-carter-statue.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 03:53, Life Is Beautiful said:

Was honored by none else than...Argentina!

The former president was given the ‘Order of the Liberator General San Martín.’, apparently their highest order there.

Who tf still goes to Argentina?!... well except for drug lords and fallen despots (you hear that Mugabe?)

newsEngin.20335960_111817-nuestra-comunidad.jpg

He's doesn't look like a man in the departure lounge (crosses off long-list)

• Like 2