Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

That's a whole load of expensive treatment. Maybe it will give him an extra 6 months. Maybe a whole year, but I really think he would have been better to take the high ground and not to have any major treatment and advise his doctors to help some younger sufferers who would make more opportunity of the investment.

• Like 1

That's a whole load of expensive treatment. Maybe it will give him an extra 6 months. Maybe a whole year, but I really think he would have been better to take the high ground and not to have any major treatment and advise his doctors to help some younger sufferers who would make more opportunity of the investment.

Well I doubt if he turned it down he could just give it to some kid and I think it is fair to say that due to his philanthropic tendencies that he will spend any extra time he is granted making a difference and helping to save lives so it isn`t a case of greed or vanity.I guess it is just instinct to try and carry on.

• Like 1

I had this strange idea/dark thought that Jimmy Carter may decide to go for one last ambitious piece of foreign diplomacy by contacting the Islamic State and offering himself in exchange for the last remaining western hostage, John Cantlie, agreeing to being beheaded on camera in his place.

Everyone would win here; IS would have a big name, representing everything they stand against, to decapitate rather than some unfortunate photographer, Cantlie would get his freedom and Carter’s suffering would be brought to a rapid conclusion, while at the same time securing his legacy in a big way - something all ex-presidents obsess about.

Thanks for listening.

What exactly would that achieve? Apart from to demonstrate how thick and self-destructive Islam-lovers like Carter are? (a lesson that would be lost on you and most other people)

Most people were perfectly happy to go on with their lives after Jonny Cantaloupe or whatever gets beheaded, no-one cares about journo-scum. :)

I had this strange idea/dark thought that Jimmy Carter may decide to go for one last ambitious piece of foreign diplomacy by contacting the Islamic State and offering himself in exchange for the last remaining western hostage, John Cantlie, agreeing to being beheaded on camera in his place.

Everyone would win here; IS would have a big name, representing everything they stand against, to decapitate rather than some unfortunate photographer, Cantlie would get his freedom and Carter’s suffering would be brought to a rapid conclusion, while at the same time securing his legacy in a big way - something all ex-presidents obsess about.

Thanks for listening.

Nah he wouldn`t do that.He loves his family too much too put them through that.Also he would be fully aware that his high profile execution would be used as an excuse by Republicans to call for a full out bomb-fest on the middle East.

If he is still breathing come 1st January can I make two requests to the DL committee.1)That Carter is number 1 on the list and 2)That his caption is Peanut Farmer.Seems the DL is not doing as many mildly amusing descriptions.I think the trend should continue.

• Like 3

If he is still breathing come 1st January can I make two requests to the DL committee.1)That Carter is number 1 on the list and 2)That his caption is Peanut Farmer.Seems the DL is not doing as many mildly amusing descriptions.I think the trend should continue.

Or how about "Bought the peanut farm"

Guest Guest

I agree. well just enough to keep him to jan 1st so he's the 1st hit of 2016 obviously...

This should give him several months and get him into next year.Of course there is a 98% chance the melanoma didn`t originate on the liver meaning that it probably is on his skin somewhere and as it hasn`t shown up yet meaning it is spreading ferociously quickly.

Well, I think the situation is a bit different in his case.

He said that doctors had told him that 98% of melanomas (or melanomae?) originate on the skin, and 2% internally. But the conditional probability that his cancer has originated on the skin when some spots were found in his liver and brain but (so far) none on his skin is probably less. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayes%27_theorem

I guess the first thing they did after the tumour had been revaled to be a melanoma was an examination of his skin in the nude for visible patches, and they probably found none. That doesn't mean that it can't be there e.g. under his fingernails where it is difficult to see, but he might just be one of those rare exceptions.

Btw. Oliver Sachs had his metastatic ocular melanoma diagnosed in February, and has recently started to feel worse. So in his case, new therapies could buy him some time, but probably not much more than 9 months to a year, I expect something similar for Carter (despite the age difference), unless later scans will reveal that many other vital organs are affected.

But I agree that Ms Pavlick seems a bit too optimistic when she says Carter has "very limited" disease. That will only be clear after the tests are done, and they might easily prove her wrong.

This should give him several months and get him into next year.Of course there is a 98% chance the melanoma didn`t originate on the liver meaning that it probably is on his skin somewhere and as it hasn`t shown up yet meaning it is spreading ferociously quickly.

Well, I think the situation is a bit different in his case.

He said that doctors had told him that 98% of melanomas (or melanomae?) originate on the skin, and 2% internally. But the conditional probability that his cancer has originated on the skin when some spots were found in his liver and brain but (so far) none on his skin is probably less.

I may have believed her if the cancer in the brain was in one small location as the treatment can then be localised or cut out through surgery depending on its location but 4 separate spots:no way.Also what she fails to consider is that many new treatments although somewhat effective have horrible side effects as was seen in the case of Sam Simon.Now Jimmy is very close to 91 has had in his own words a fantastic life getting to the top of the political game to setting up his own centre which will definitely go on for a long time and also has even got to the stage of his life of being a revered elder statesmen and elder.He has had a very happy marriage lasting nearly 70 years and has 4 children aged between 47 and 68 12 grandchildren and 10 grandchildren.You know that`s a full life plus he has a devout Christian belief in going to heaven meaning that if the treatment doesn`t work well he can still in his eyes look forward to a second life without pain.All this combined with the fact he has had a much longer life than all his siblings could likely mean he doesn`t opt for experimental treatment with horrible side affects.In the case of Sam Simon and many others there seems to be a fight to the death mentality due to a feeling of being short changed of time but with Carter he has achieved more than most people can ever imagine and is a darn good age and he is fully aware of that.[/url]

I noticed that he didn't look that frail. I thought that he'd look awful but he looks OK, explanations

I noticed that he didn't look that frail. I thought that he'd look awful but he looks OK, explanations

If you look his skin is yellowish which is a prime indicator of jaundice.He also was only diagnosed because of his severe cold in May meaning he has been able to uncover the illness before it gets debilitating.A friend of mine`s father for example injured his spine in a garden accident and was given a full body scan which reveled stage 4 colon cancer.He looked great for 3 or so months of his diagnosis despite being physically very bad.He died within 6 months of diagnosis. The reason is perhaps that if you find terminal cancer by accident before experiencing symptons you will look normal for a while whereas if cancer is discovered by symptons you have already deteriated physically somewhat.Terminal is terminal though at the end of the day.

• Like 1

He'll survive 2015 and be a "dead cert" for 2016.

• Like 3

Would you know if Bears shit in the woods????

Thanks for listening.

If i was Carter I would do that .

Would you know if Bears shit in the woods????

Yes, but you misspeak Lordy. It's popes shitting in the woods and bears are catholic.

• Like 1

83 next year...

Carter's two sisters, his brother, and his father died of pancreatic cancer. His mother had pancreatic, bone, and breast cancer when she died as well.

He has had trouble walking in the past as well as having hemorrhoids... could be considered soon?

I don't think you can die of Hemorrhoids.. ;)

Actually you can Blackie. If you get your head far enough up your ass they can strangle you.

You guys must be reading different news to me.

He'll survive to 2017 at least.

• Like 1

Thanks for listening.

Not a chance, he wouldn't want to give the likes of IS the 'validation' killing him would provide

• Like 1

Yeah, I was worried that he might not make it to 2016, but it seems like his cancer isn't as bad as we think it is.

"2017 at least" seems like a stretch, but I'm confident that he'll surpass my sweepstakes prediction of February 29, 2016.

Yeah, I was worried that he might not make it to 2016, but it seems like his cancer isn't as bad as we think it is.

"2017 at least" seems like a stretch, but I'm confident that he'll surpass my sweepstakes prediction of February 29, 2016.

He's worthy of inclusion for next year in any case, any number of ailments could finish him off

are you windsure about that

It's bad, just the usual, good ol' American optimism makes them think it's curable.

He had metastatic cancer in the liver and the brain, but could be more cause they haven't even checked more yet (they only did a head and neck scan, but didn't scan his abdomen etc.)! Immunotherapy has offered a promising new way to combat melanoma, but he's already 90, which means that his body might not be as robust as it once was, and the expected immune response may never come.

All the optimistic prognoses come from doctors and pundits who didn't personally examine him or seen the results of the diagnostic tests. They don't even know anything about the grade of the tumour! So better wait and see the results of those tests in the coming months...

Edited by GossipGabe

word is the Carter family are going to celebrate thanksgiving early in the next few weeks. make of that what you will ...

They want the turkey at the bargain price!

• Like 2