Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

I could see old Jimmy going on for a good few years yet......

I agree.....the Carter grin will be with us for a few years yet...

• Like 1

He has had trouble walking in the past as well as having hemorrhoids

Hemorroids, enjoy the link! Seldom fatal, mind.

He has had trouble walking in the past as well as having hemorrhoids

Hemorroids, enjoy the link! Seldom fatal, mind.

for gawds sake Mary...what is it with you and bottoms... :banghead:

Wasn't aware I was obsessed in that direction. Trust me, if you'd heard the politically incorrent salvos of verbal abuse hurled from the soaking ranks of Cumbrians at the home support of Brighton and Hove Albion this afternoon you'd know West Cumbrians and rear end action are not commonly associated. I'd say I like intimate ghoulish footage for it's artistic merit. Had a great link for some footage of leeches on wounds but lost it. Mebbeze I'll have a surf for it in the morning.

mebbeze I'll have a surf for it in the morning.

must you ?

some of those clips were very disturbing.....especially as I've got a bit of an itch....Im not too worried about the blood on the toilet paper though (we all get that .. yeah ? )

You know, if Carter does have bad piles it puts his permanent wide grin into context. Mebbe more of a grimace as his cheeks squeeze his grapes and he lets out a little whine (arf).

I'll get me coat.

Guest Guest

kill bush and his father and put jimmy carter in office for the final 2 years left

Some issues with that legally I reckon, Carter's Democratic background for one, they lost the last presidential election. Then again; the people who criticised him for incompetance can't have imagined the level to which the presidency would fall by now.

My understanding of US politics (and after being told off once already, I am ready to stand corrected) is that after Bush and Cheney, next in line for President is the Speaker of the House, one Nancy Pelosi, who is a Democrat.

The West Wing (US political TV show) had an episode where the Democratic President, Bartlett, stood down after his daughter was kidnapped, and the Republican Speaker became Acting-President.

So, not outside the realms of possibilities that a Democrat could become President for the remaining years, but highly unlikely, and it would definately not be Carter.

[Edit: found the link that helps US Presidential LIne of Succession]

Edited by Teddy

So that's the equivalent of Blair and Prescott carking it in a bizarre accident involving auto-erotic activities and someone slipping cyanide in their lube and making way for the speaker of the House of Commons to run the country?

Come to think of it, who is third in line to run the UK?

So that's the equivalent of Blair and Prescott carking it in a bizarre accident involving auto-erotic activities and someone slipping cyanide in their lube and making way for the speaker of the House of Commons to run the country?

Come to think of it, who is third in line to run the UK?

Doesn't work like that. The Prime Minister has to be asked to form a Government by the Queen, etc.

Look at when Harold MacMillan wrongly thought he was dying in the 1960s - the Queen had to ask people who she should invite and she went for Alec Douglas Home as opposed to Rab Butler, even though Home at the time had to resign his seat in the Lords and win a Commons seat (well, he didn't have to, but you know what I mean).

If Blair was to cark it, Prescott would be acting Prime Minister only, and would arguably then sit as chairman of cabinet until the cabinet voted on who to recommend to the Queen who she invites to be the new Prime Minister.

General Elections in many ways are merely opinion polls - the Queen doesn't legally have to ask the leader of the largest party to try and form a government, although tradition/convention states she will.

If in a freak event, every MP was killed the Queen would be well within her rights to appoint an interim government, whether from the Lords or her own family, or techinically take over the reins of Government herself...

Cheers Hack

You know so much, do you know if Peter Murphy to Gretna in the next few days is a done deal?

Cheers Hack

You know so much, do you know if Peter Murphy to Gretna in the next few days is a done deal?

Apparently so. Don't know that officially, but from what I've heard, yes.

Carter isn't close to expiring as he is still very active in many obligations. He is the modern time version of Gerald Ford ten years ago. :D

Was Ford that active ten years ago? I thought he kept the workload close to home and allowed plenty time for golf, hence the cards on his 93rd birthday.

Carter's gone globetrotting for peace for decades now and still has a handle on world affairs to shame those of us considerably younger. Mebbe all them peanuts fire his body.

Was Ford that active ten years ago? I thought he kept the workload close to home and allowed plenty time for golf, hence the cards on his 93rd birthday.

Involved yes and no. Ultimately it proves me double right. The real debate now is to say 'Is a lifestyle of golf or a lifestyle of preaching peace - Which is more productive for us? I say it depends. But I still think Carter does a Ford.

Dr. Hackenslash, my understanding was that the Queen had to replace Harold MacMillan by that process only due to Conservative policy of the day.

It broke the constitutional restraints of the Monarchy and was changed soon after.

Thus the Depute Prime Minister now just asked to 'form a government' without all the hooha.

Mind you, I saw that on a TV documentary about the Queen. You know what they are like. Or perhaps I wasn't listening.

It should be noted there have only ever been eight Deputy Prime Ministers and six First Secretaries of State.

As Wiki states, and it's not bad when it comes to Parliamentary convention:

Unlike analogous offices in some other nations, a British Deputy Prime Minister, where one exists, possesses no special powers above those of his ministry and does not possess the theoretical powers of the Prime Minister in the latter's absence or illness, such as the powers to seek a dissolution of parliament, appoint peers or brief the sovereign

Given that the position of Deputy Prime Minister is an appointed honorary position, rather than elected office, it does not necessarily follow that the person holding that post would automatically be invited to become Prime Minister. I think we will find when Tony Blair does visit the Queen to offer his resignation, she will not be on the phone to John Prescott asking him to form a government, even in the interim (not if she has any sense anyway!). It will be interesting to see if Gordon Brown, in the event of him being next Prime Minister, appoints a Deputy Prime Minister or even First Secretary of State.

Guest Kisakzokzo

Hi! Why I can't fill my info in profile? Can somebody help me?

My login is Kisakookoo!

My login is Kisakookoo!

Have you registered?

Edit - you're still at the validating stage

My login is Kisakookoo!

Perhaps if you login first, you'll be able to access your own profile

My login is Kisakookoo!

Perhaps if you login first, you'll be able to access your own profile

I wonder if a new starter category of "registered plonker" could be introduced ahead of "pointless ranter" for the first 50 posts?

Watch coverage of Gerald Ford's funeral and you will see that George H.W. Bush has much more of an old man strut than Jimmy Carter even though Bush is only 4 months older. When Bush 41 gave his eulogy he seemed like he needed to grab onto something to support himself, when he touched Ford's casket it could have been just as much for support as it was an emotional gesture. When Jimmy Carter gave his eulogy he had no trouble walking whatsoever and walks great for a man of 82, also Bush has more of an old man's voice than Carter if that means anything. A few days later I read that Bush had some kind of hip surgury at the Mayo Clinic, he also had some kind of heart scare back in 1999 if I recall correctly. Jimmy Carter just hasnt had any major health problems I can think of, sure he is getting along in years but in terms of genetics his mother lived into her late 80's I believe.

I think Bush Sr. will be the next president to go but it probably wont be while his son is still president, he will be 84 when he leaves office. It would be interesting having a father/son pair both as ex-presidents. Of course if something tragic were to happen to GWB and he doesnt finish his term than his father may go rather quick since he has become a very emotional old man as of late.

It would be interesting having a father/son pair both as ex-presidents.

What if Hilary Clinton becomes president? Husband and wife both lived in the whitehouse? For the second time? Bill will be called the Second Man? I can imagine Bill with Hilary, for all guys reading just think about this. I know Hillary is old and everything, I mean she's a ten to the UK's Margerat Thatcher. I guess it's possible evil british politicians have to sleep with her in hell as a punishment. Anyway back on topic, imagine being Bill Clinton and being able to get it on with the president of the United States. And she is a female. God only if she was younger. But what an honor. I doubt he is still sleeping on the couch.

• Like 1