Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/18/politics/jimmy-carter-cancer-thursday-news-conference/index.html

On Thursday he is going to speak about his health in Atlanta. Get your popcorn ready!

The fact he is giving us the information in dribs and drabs I am almost certain is a way of slowly bracing everyone for the news that he is dying.As he has a large extended family and many friends and associates I am guessing he is telling them all everything before addressing the public.

• Like 1

Also his wife Rosalyn turned 88 today.Her and Jimmy have been married over 69 years and are by all accounts incredibly close.Could Jimmy`s demise be shortly followed by his wife as is seen with some elderly couples?

Also his wife Rosalyn turned 88 today.Her and Jimmy have been married over 69 years and are by all accounts incredibly close.Could Jimmy`s demise be shortly followed by his wife as is seen with some elderly couples?

That is a possibility. If Jimmy dies in 2015 (which is unfortunately very likely), I'll probably add Rosalyn in 2016, as long as there's room for her.

When politicians are dying like this, I often wonder if they regret not allocating more budget resources to medical research when they were in power...

• Like 2

His speech tommorrow is at 5pm GMT.I assume the news channels will televise this live in the UK unless something important happens in the next 18 hours.

His speech tommorrow is at 5pm GMT.I assume the news channels will televise this live in the UK unless something important happens in the next 18 hours.

I shouldn't think so, not like he's on the political front lines anymore

Today is the day

Latest news: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34006918

Live on BBC he has stated the cancer has spread to his brain.

not too much chance of him making the starting line up by the look of it.

no, at least he had a long life filled with hope

Absolutely no chance he'll make it to September 30th let alone December 31st. It's good to see someone so comfortable with their own fete though.

It's metastatic melanoma apparently. 6-12 months average survival time once its spread, but you can half that with brain and liver. So if its just spread, he might just see January. He's also going for the several month longs radiotherapy course which might extend that time. Plus, you know, vagaries.

He'll die tomorrow now.

Absolutely no chance he'll make it to September 31st let alone December 31st. It's good to see someone so comfortable with their own fete though.

Even you won't make it September 31st!

• Like 2

Absolutely no chance he'll make it to September 31st let alone December 31st. It's good to see someone so comfortable with their own fete though.

He has edited the original post and made you look foolish.... :)

I for one hope that he doesn't make the starting line given that I have him on my current list. Sad news though......

He said it had spread to the brain in four different places on the brain and that the liver surgery removed about a tenth of the organ.

• Like 1

I try to compare the case with Louis Stokes whose cancer was in lung and brain, and he had the same age. Stokes died a month after the diagnosis. He had already left a board of directors or something like that in 2014, so I guess he wasn't in the best of health to begin with. Carter has been fairly robust until now. So I guess there's a reasonable chance for him to see 2016, but it's not certain (yeah, really a risky prediction there...).

I think about 6 months.

He has edited the original post and made you look foolish.... :)

I for one hope that he doesn't make the starting line given that I have him on my current list. Sad news though......

I usually enjoy our fete too.

Guest Guest

multiple brain tumours? I think they'll have allready booked the undertakers !

:A link to the full video .Carter enters at -2:12:16

Guest shitforbrains

I've a feeling he'll linger on a bit, kinda like Robin Gibb did.

Unfortunately, it looks like the guy is ready to die.

Guest Guest

word is the Carter family are going to celebrate thanksgiving early in the next few weeks. make of that what you will ...

I try to compare the case with Louis Stokes whose cancer was in lung and brain, and he had the same age. Stokes died a month after the diagnosis. He had already left a board of directors or something like that in 2014, so I guess he wasn't in the best of health to begin with. Carter has been fairly robust until now. So I guess there's a reasonable chance for him to see 2016, but it's not certain (yeah, really a risky prediction there...).

Well yes I agree.Carter has been in great shape until now which will work in his favour also he will be under the best healthcare possible as I have stated before.He is also undergoing immunotherapy which has been shown to have positive effects on the lifespan of those with cancer.This should give him several months and get him into next year.Of course there is a 98% chance the melanoma didn`t originate on the liver meaning that it probably is on his skin somewhere and as it hasn`t shown up yet meaning it is spreading ferociously quickly. Even if the cancer did originate in the liver and the surgery removed it the four spots in the brain is a massive deal and almost certainly will spread further and kill him .I reckon he will see the new year but I would be astounded if he made 2017.He is clearly dying but is in the best position in terms of available treatment and overall health.

• Like 1