Mr Stats

World's Oldest

According to Wikipedia, E. Beatrice Riley, Australia's oldest person has died but this information has suddenly appeared without any verification...... hmmm

• Like 1

According to Wikipedia, E. Beatrice Riley, Australia's oldest person has died but this information has suddenly appeared without any verification...... hmmm

It comes from a message from Australia's top longevity researcher, meaning that it is most likely true.

It comes from a message from Australia's top longevity researcher, meaning that it is most likely true.

What an exciting job they must have, ringing round a bunch of nursing homes every day going "Is she dead yet...yet...yet...how about now...?"

On an unrelated point for which I cannot be arsed to find a proper thread, I was reading this article in which a couple of death boffins chat about shuffling off mortal coils and whatnot, while gently stroking their beards and gazing into the middle distance.

Anybody found a link for Bea Riley yet?

Wikipedia has removed the death notice, and I couldn't find any other reports of her death.

I did find that New Zealand's oldest woman, Ruby Billings, died recently though.

Wikipedia has removed the death notice, and I couldn't find any other reports of her death.

I did find that New Zealand's oldest woman, Ruby Billings, died recently though.

So has the world's oldest blogger, mentioned under Breaking News on the page you linked to.

GRG have now confirmed the death of E. Beatrice Riley..... took a while though

Moloko Temo, who is the oldest claim for the world's oldest person title at 134, has died. Her family say they are now trying even harder to verify her claim with Guinness... pretty desperate if you ask me...

Moloko Temo, who is the oldest claim for the world's oldest person title at 134, has died. Her family say they are now trying even harder to verify her claim with Guinness... pretty desperate if you ask me...

Well now she's dead they can cut her open and count the rings.

Henry Allingham is 113 today.

A teenager again...

[Edit: Perhaps I should have put this in the WW1 veteran thread?]

A teenager again...

Not many people can claim to have lived through 3 centuries! Good on yer Henry, happy birthday.

A teenager again...

Not many people can claim to have lived through 3 centuries! Good on yer Henry, happy birthday.

No, 'cos that would make them over 300 years old!

Still, Happy Birthday Henry.

As an aside, Henry's local paper, 'The Argus' mentions his birthday on the front page, most of which is given over to a story about a man who's found an old cess-pit buried in his garden.

A teenager again...

No, 'cos that would make them over 300 years old!

Still, Happy Birthday Henry.

As an aside, Henry's local paper, 'The Argus' mentions his birthday on the front page, most of which is given over to a story about a man who's found an old cess-pit buried in his garden.

OK, maybe not THROUGH 3 centuries. but lived IN 3 centuries. 19th 20th and 21st.

Henry's seemngly perpetual doddering and Gazza's persistent teasing of those of us picking him for deadpool duties have got me thinking. D'ya reckon if one of us told Gazza that Allingham had called him a 'worthless young prick,' or similar we'd have a points bonanza as PG slapped HA to death, and was immediately lynched for his efforts?

Tomoji Tanabe has died

You know what that means, don't you Henry? :D

Tomoji Tanabe has died

You know what that means, don't you Henry? :party:

With Henry hogging the headlines, we forgot about Harry's 111th birthday two days ago. :D

Some breaking news coming through on Sky.... Allingham has been OFFICIALLY recognised as the oldest man in the world by Guinness.... blimey that was quick

My sources tell me he is very ill and has not got much longer to live, possibily only a couple of months if not weeks.

My sources tell me he is very ill and has not got much longer to live, possibily only a couple of months if not weeks.

Who, Henry Allingham? Going on the last video from BBC it wouldn't surprise me, but what sources?

Who, Henry Allingham? Going on the last video from BBC it wouldn't surprise me, but what sources?

Probably Iain.

Probably Iain.

And who is Iain, a relative of Allingham's?

Can't really say because of confidentiality, but my source is from people who work in the nursing home he lives in.

Probably Iain.

And who is Iain, a relative of Allingham's?

No. Just a really annoying muppet who occassionally pops up...

Can't really say because of confidentiality, but my source is from people who work in the nursing home he lives in.

Oh well, it was a good run anyway. 113 years is a pretty impressive age to live to.

When he goes, there will be a maximum of just four confirmed WWI veterans left... I wonder how long it will be before the last one goes, and who the last one will be...

• Like 1