Mr Stats

World's Oldest

My sources tell me he is very ill and has not got much longer to live, possibily only a couple of months if not weeks.

Who, Henry Allingham? Going on the last video from BBC it wouldn't surprise me, but what sources?

I have to say I thought he looked very frail and rather ill in the most recent television pictures of him. He seems to have really aged in the last three years or so.

Good luck to him though - I hope he goes on and on. An incredible man and a true hero.

• Like 1

Vinegar boobies, how come your name is fine on your posts but gets swearfiltered when we type it in? S'funny that.

boobies!

Oh yeaaahhh!! Never even noticed this forum had filtering...

boobies!

It fekin does mate! :D

Seeing as Canadian Paul is busy at the moment, I'll have to be the one who posts that Italian super centenarian Lucia Lauria Vigna has died at the age of 113 (the link is in Spanish). She was Europe's oldest person. I'm not really an expert in these long lived dodderers, but I reckon that means Henry Allingham is now the Continent's most senior of citizens.

Seeing as Canadian Paul is busy at the moment, I'll have to be the one who posts that Italian super centenarian Lucia Lauria Vigna has died at the age of 113 (the link is in Spanish). She was Europe's oldest person. I'm not really an expert in these long lived dodderers, but I reckon that means Henry Allingham is now the Continent's most senior of citizens.

No it doesn't, there's a British woman a few months older than Allingham.

Florrie Baldwin is Britain's oldest - 77 days older than Henry, but she is 43 days younger than Eugenie Blanchard, French and the oldest living European.

Florrie Baldwin is Britain's oldest - 77 days older than Henry, but she is 43 days younger than Eugenie Blanchard, French and the oldest living European.

According to Wikipedia, Blanchard lives on one of the French Caribbean islands, so not really European. Less European even than being British...

Scotland's oldest person, Elizabeth Cockburn, has died aged 108.

I think that probably makes Marion Richardson Scotland's oldest person. She too is 108 and was called for Jury duty in March. That is if she is still living...

I think that probably makes Marion Richardson Scotland's oldest person. She too is 108 and was called for Jury duty in March. That is if she is still living...

She wasn't Scotland's oldest person. The Herald, The Scotsman and the BBC have, as usual, got their facts wrong.

There are at least two Scots older than her still living!! One of them lives blocks away from me in a nursing home and she is set to turn 110 in December!

She wasn't Scotland's oldest person. The Herald, The Scotsman and the BBC have, as usual, got their facts wrong.

There are at least two Scots older than her still living!! One of them lives blocks away from me in a nursing home and she is set to turn 110 in December!

Ah well. I did think 108 was a bit young.

Edit:

Annie Ellis Turnbull née Walker (born 21 September 1898) of Edinburgh, is at age 110 the fifth-oldest woman in the United Kingdom, and the oldest person in Scotland since the death of Alexina Calvert on 19 September 2008.

henry allingham has died at 113 world oldest man i think , well was the world's oldest man

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/585...ngham-dies.html

Bloody hell, that's my first hit on any deadpool since Wendy Richard, and it's the LAST person on my HDP list. I'm getting bad at this...

Anyways, I'll update the CPDP later today.

henry allingham has died at 113 world oldest man i think , well was the world's oldest man

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/585...ngham-dies.html

Bloody hell, that's my first hit on any deadpool since Wendy Richard, and it's the LAST person on my HDP list. I'm getting bad at this...

Anyways, I'll update the CPDP later today.

You and me both stiffing out with the highly skilled HPDP. Just updated the Deathrace with our Henry, he was joker on Paul the Postie's team, bringing Paul and his mates down the pub who helped him pick the team up to a creditable third place.

How an Indian website reported the passing of 'Henry Elingham' in a care home of 'Saint Enstone of Ovingdean'!

Olive Riley, the word's oldest blogger, has died aged 108.

Serious point here, mind. The level of news interest in this case suggests that a few inspired picks - like Ivy Bean - will easily be DDP points scoring fodder when they go. Pensioners + pluck = points.

Nearly a year later and Ivy Bean is still going strong.

It had been reported that Henry Allingham outlived both of his children. The Daily Mail have manged to track down his eldest daughter Betty, aged 89, who hadn't spoken to her father for forty years. None of her children or grandchildren knew they were related to him.

Guest Bob Loblah

26Jul09

Bob Loblah agrees with filtering.

One can just imagine what kind of conversations would be going on herein

with some of the so=called ' members ' who just can't seem to avoid

cursing and swearing every 5 or 6 words.

Here's a 4-letter word for such a croud......' Lout '

Forever and Ever

Bob Loblah

boobies!

It fekin does mate! :(

26Jul09

Bob Loblah agrees with filtering.

One can just imagine what kind of conversations would be going on herein

with some of the so=called ' members ' who just can't seem to avoid

cursing and swearing every 5 or 6 words.

Here's a 4-letter word for such a croud......' Lout '

Forever and Ever

Bob Loblah

boobies!

It fekin does mate! :(

And here's a four letter word for you...knob.

"Bob Loblah agrees with filtering."

What is it with people named Bob and talking in third person? First Dole, now you.

It would seem holding the title of "Britain's oldest man" is akin to being manager of Newcastle United (except there's no Chris Hughton to step in on a temporary basis):

Bog Taggart dies "just 20 days after inheriting the title Britain's Oldest Man from Harry Patch"

Correction: Seems the Mirror may have got it wrong (according to Wikipedia :unsure: ), Bob was Scotland's oldest (b 28 Jun 1900) but Britain's oldest is still Stanley Lucas (b 15 Jan 1900). However, the Scottish Daily Record and Glasgow Evening Times also reported Bob as being Britain's oldest man following Harry's death. Can anyone verify Stanley's status?

• Like 1