Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Guest Guest

World's oldest man dies. Not Kimura, but an apparently verified 154 year old Saudi (according to an ill-informed article) http://www.arabnews....ecord-154-years

It reminds me of the Old Man Thomas Parr who probably didn't live to be 152 or did he?

Given that nobody has ever bene verified to live longer than 122, and no man has ever been verified to have lived longer than 115, what are the odds that some random guy lived to be 154? Must have been a freak of nature!

World's oldest man dies. Not Kimura, but an apparently verified 154 year old Saudi (according to an ill-informed article) http://www.arabnews....ecord-154-years

It reminds me of the Old Man Thomas Parr who probably didn't live to be 152 or did he?

Given that nobody has ever bene verified to live longer than 122, and no man has ever been verified to have lived longer than 115, what are the odds that some random guy lived to be 154? Must have been a freak of nature!

I thought it was possible that the Saudia Man in the article could have lived to 154 years old, until I read the bit about his 10 wives that have all died and now I think 'what aload of clap-trap'!!!

No man could go that long and sustain that much grief from so many better halves.

Guest Guest

The death of Elsie Thomson leaves just 11 people born in the 1800s still alive

And they don't make a very good football team.

• Like 4

The death of Elsie Thomson leaves just 11 people born in the 1800s still alive

Or...now just go with me on this...you could extend that list to 23 people verified to have been born in the 19th century (January 1, 1801 – December 31, 1900) Or...wait for it...24 people to have been born during the Victorian era. :banghead:

• Like 1

lf it turns out that Kimura actually is alot younger than he claims to be (this is a very possible scenario), will l get more points if he dies this year?

Wow that was quick. I still think they could beat Aston Villa though.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Actually turns out Elsie Thomson was the 4th oldest person-just 2 days behind Maria Redaelli who died today

This also means that our pal Grace Jones is now amongst the 10 oldest living.

This also means that our pal Grace Jones is now amongst the 10 oldest living.

Get in there Jones'y!!!!

& the very best of British to ya girl!

First man in history to celebrate his 116th birthday ! (verified that is). Many happy returns! (however unrealistic that may be)

I saw that film with some amazement and guilty grinning.

Poor man. The footage in which he wears a red sweater is not recent, it was taken, IIRC, when he became the world oldest, or perhaps when he became the world's oldest man.

The difference is striking. I still think he´s a safe bet for 2013.

regards,

Hein

First man in history to celebrate his 116th birthday ! (verified that is). Many happy returns! (however unrealistic that may be)

Poor man. The footage in which he wears a red sweater is not recent, it was taken, IIRC, when he became the world oldest, or perhaps when he became the world's oldest man.

regards,

Hein

When you have the Ronnie Biggs look, (agape mouth and whatnot) and you aren't Mr. Biggs himself, then you're pretty much a goner...

Guest Guest

regards,

Hein

sadly I fear you're right.He's probably had his last birthday.He's gonna be hard to beat though!

The world's second-oldest man James Sisnett has died aged 113.

Two teams score DDP points (if a qualifying obit turns up).

I'll tell yer what's a pisser; the longevity of my Pussy Perishes Last theme team on the DDP, basically the twenty oldest women on the planet as of 1 Jan 2013. I have no hopes of points glory, the whole point of the adventure is to post a team who'll all clear off in the time frame; June is just round the corner and they're hanging on at a rate that suggests my dreams are futile. On the other hand, the also rans above - like Mabel (bubbling under my theme team) Ragan - turn up their toes and taunt me.

• Like 1

And a quick mention here means it has...

That makes another nine 'Victorians' chalked off this year, leaving 23 'verified' left before the mantle is past on!

• Like 1