Mr Stats

World's Oldest

22 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Err...where's the intriguing old people facts gone?

had to be taken down because I was violating privacy laws.... not even I'm allowed to post about her apparently... Japanese government very strict

• Sad 6

3 hours ago, 123jeff said:

had to be taken down because I was violating privacy laws.... not even I'm allowed to post about her apparently... Japanese government very strict

Wow, I had no idea the Japanese government were lurkers on here!

(P.S. Konnichiwa, you industrious, long lived little fellows! :salute:)

• Like 4

Nabi Tajima for the record it’s possible.

Just now, Dalai Lama said:

I can't count on 2 hands how many times you have said that already.

48 minutes ago, Dalai Lama said:

Drop it Tenzin, she's just not that into you.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Drop it Tenzin, she's just not that into you.

Fuck stupid boy.

6 minutes ago, Dalai Lama said:

Fuck stupid boy.

You are the re-incarnation of Capt. Mainwaring. AICMFP.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dalai Lama said:

Fuck stupid boy.

"Compassion is the radicalism of our time."

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 20:28, Dalai Lama said:

She'll be the 3rd oldest person in history in less than a months time ! Or dead of course... 

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

She'll be the 3rd oldest person in history in less than a months time ! Or dead of course... 

The Lucy Hannah case will probably be discredited soon, though...

2 hours ago, 123jeff said:

Nabi Tajima feels majorly cheated she never got to experience the "easy" way of living in 3 centuries because she was born 1900, not 1899... 

This slight inconvenience won't stop her though... she'll just reach 2100. 

"In life, you must always have backup plans." - Nabi Tajima, 2018

Anyone else feeling the most confident about Nabi Tajima, who years ago, was the least likely candidate of 117+ (compared to Emma Morano, Violet Brown)?

She never even got the chance to beat this short lived woman, Emma Morano, and become the last of the 1800s.

On a point of pedantry she has lived in three centuries as Wikipedia confirms

The 19th century ended at 2400 hrs on the 31st December 1900 which is about five months after she was born.

I suspect she means being alive in the 1800s, 1900s and 2000s.

ETA: She should take heart in that she is the only one born in the 19th century to survive all others born in that century and there is only one of them every 100 years or so.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

pedants-gonna-pedant.jpg

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, 123jeff said:

No, she hasn't lived in 3 centuries and most longevity scientists would agree.

When the Venerable Bede created the calendar, he was already 5-6 years off. So if you're basing it on this nonsense, the last survivor of the 19th century was probably someone born in 1895 

The ISO does not support the Jan 1, 1801 - Dec 31, 1900 "19th century" definition either. And after all, they basically standardize everything...

She is probably the last to have been conceived in the 19th century.

If you want to see the official scientific list of "oldest people to not have lived in 3 centuries," composed by scientists, I can show you (btw, Nabi Tajima is on that list)

Lastly,

saying "Jan 1, 1801 - Dec 31, 1900" is the 19th century is like saying" you win a 100 meter race by running 101 meters"... it does not make sense if you think about it.

It's logical to think centuries are 1800 - 1899, 1900 - 1999, etc etc.

If I may pedant...

By that logic, the first century AD (or CE if you prefer) was only 99 years long as there was no year zero, so cant be a century.

Logically, the first century AD is it's first hundred years, i.e. 1 AD to 100 AD; subsequent centuries hence start in (x)x01 and finish in (x)[x+1]00

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Proving one can be both pedantic.....and wrong.

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Proving one can be both pedantic.....and wrong.

Except I'm not. (Wrong that is)

• Like 1

So let me be the one to ask the obvious. Are you the same Jeff who posts at 110 club? I lurk there sometimes and it kind of surprised me nobody brought it up. Your usernames are almost identical, you deleted your posts here the moment someone over there mentioned this topic (and made a point to insult DeathList and say it was probably fake information), and your arguments about the 19th century are literally the same ones ryoung122 keeps making, almost word for word (including the 101 meters one).

1 hour ago, sadgirldreaming93 said:

So let me be the one to ask the obvious. Are you the same Jeff who posts at 110 club? I lurk there sometimes and it kind of surprised me nobody brought it up. Your usernames are almost identical, you deleted your posts here the moment someone over there mentioned this topic (and made a point to insult DeathList and say it was probably fake information), and your arguments about the 19th century are literally the same ones ryoung122 keeps making, almost word for word (including the 101 meters one).

In Jeff's favour, I did a Google reverse image search on the photos he posted before asking any questions, and they apparently appeared nowhere else on the internet, so if he is a troll, he at least went to the trouble of scanning his own sourced images first. Points for effort!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sadgirldreaming93 said:

Who?

On 2/12/2018 at 12:46, Phantom of the Midway said:

Tajima only needs to live about 6 more weeks to "break the top 4" - as in finally join the elite group of 90s supercentenarians who are the four oldest people ever - Calment, Knauss, Hannah, and Meilleur.

I'm still pissed that Violet Brown and Emma Morano died a couple months before breaking the top 4. They seemed in much better shape than Tajima. 

Nabi Tajima has now surpassed Marie-Louise Meilleur's age, becoming the first person to do so in nearly two decades. :party:

• Like 1

Yay Ms Tajima. :) Now I just need her to, er, survive for another 9 days or so in order for me to still have a fighting chance against Grim in the deathlist cup...

• Like 1