Mr Stats

World's Oldest

5 minutes ago, 123jeff said:

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/lnews/kagoshima/20180424/5050002517.html

Tane Yonekura, the current 10th oldest living person and oldest living person in Kagoshima prefecture (after Nabi's death)

What about her? Has she died? Celebrated a birthday? Fallen ill? Been officially recognised?

We can't all read Japanese on here so would help if you added some context to your post.

• Like 1

Current, suggests she Lives....

• Like 2

Amazing. This is the one, I reckon. She'll be the one to beat Calment.

(Cue link to her obit...)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 123jeff said:

Well this was a recent update of her it as you can see, she's really healthy.

In 4 days she will turn 114 (she was born exactly 3 years after chiyo miako) 

She became the oldest living person in Kagoshima Prefecture after Nabi Tajima died.

Black natural hair, solving puzzle, look how fast she walks with a cane, still independant, etc.

The report also says that she hasn't declined much from centenarian to now.

Aye but it's not a recent video. The interview segment looks exactly the same as the one on her 110th birthday, and at the 110 club they're saying this might've been filmed as early as 2012. When you translate the article from the Japanese it makes reference to problems with her foot, so she probably can't walk properly any more (yes, I have been known to snoop about the 110 Club forums, shamefully).

• Like 1

The comparison. If these weren't on the same day then she might be a vampire...

20180428_222236.png

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, 123jeff said:

I find it quite sad that even a spider can outlive some humans (example: avicii).

Following this logic, should we be depressed when our dogs live for 10 or 15 years? Not all humans are lucky enough to live that long. Butterflies live for less than a year, but some human babies die within days or hours of being born. So what?

• Like 3

Iso Nakamura, world's '5th oldest living person', is apparently dead.

The reason I'm not saying she "has died" is because she seems to have been dead since November 23rd, yet somehow nobody outside her area noticed for 158 days. She's been mentioned here before; if you were thinking of picking her in the future then too bad, she didn't even make the 2018 starting line.

It goes without saying she didn't celebrate her 115th birthday, and she was only the 71st oldest ever rather than 45th, and she was the 8th oldest living rather than 5th oldest living. Major cock-up on behalf of the the people supposed to announce her death.

Her local death notice in Japanese:

hZ3Wswb.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

The reason I'm not saying she "has died" is because she seems to have been dead since November 23rd, yet somehow nobody outside her area noticed for 158 days. She's been mentioned here before; if you were thinking of picking her in the future then too bad, she didn't even make the 2018 starting line.

It goes without saying she didn't celebrate her 115th birthday, and she was only the 71st oldest ever rather than 45th, and she was the 8th oldest living rather than 5th oldest living. Major cock-up on behalf of the the people supposed to announce her death.

Her local death notice in Japanese:

hZ3Wswb.png

Better link?

13 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Better link?

Listed as dead on Gerontology Wiki

Added to the 'dead of 2018' list on Gerontology Wiki

Wikipedia's spazzing out

Dodgy census record

Dodgy census record

No solid sources so far. There's no doubt that she has indeed carked it, but we'll have to wait until the GRG confirms it, still no word from them. That could take a matter of days. Either way, her obit chances are non-existent.

• Like 1

Just now, Clorox Bleachman said:

Listed as dead on Gerontology Wiki

Added to the 'dead of 2018' list on Gerontology Wiki

Wikipedia's spazzing out

Dodgy census record

Dodgy census record

No solid sources so far. There's no doubt that she has indeed carked it, but we'll have to wait until the GRG confirms it, still no word from them. That could take a matter of days. Either way, her obit chances are non-existent.

Cool. Asking for DDP running friend....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

That's all I need to hear to know Clorox is absolutely correct.

32 minutes ago, 123jeff said:

RIP Iso nakamura 1903-2017

Apparently she died last year but her death wasn't discovered until now.

Something about that claim stinks

On 01/05/2018 at 20:57, maryportfuncity said:

Something about that claim stinks

Well, she almost certainly did when she was found.

On 15.4.2018 at 21:46, 123jeff said:

So I was on the wikipedia page of "oldest Brit ever" Charlotte Hughes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Hughes_(supercentenarian)

And it says that she was one of only two supercentenarian air passengers. Now I wonder if that number already includes Mr. Overton or not. Hughes was, according to the BBC source, the oldest person to ever fly. So it could be that Mr. Overton is now the oldest air passenger ever.

Edit: By the way, the Washington Post article mentions that he got divorced in the 1920s... That's probably also some kind of record.

15 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Well, she almost certainly did when she was found.

That was the joke, I think.

• Like 1