Mr Stats

World's Oldest

On 5/5/2018 at 02:47, gcreptile said:

Hughes was, according to the BBC source, the oldest person to ever fly. So it could be that Mr. Overton is now the oldest air passenger ever.

If Dr. David Goodall is incapable of proving his sanity the next few days, at 104 he may well be the oldest insane air passenger ever.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 123jeff said:

Jessica Swift became the first known supercentenarian to hop on a plane in 1981 at age 110!

Why didn’t she just sit in her fekkin seat?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, 123jeff said:

Yes Charlotte Hughes did go on a plane in her supercentenarian years, but she even wasn't the oldest person to get on a plane.

Wikipedia is wrong on this, as there have been multiple supercentenarians who've flown at 110+

Hermann Smith-Johannsen flew at 111 to Norway

George Ives flew at 111 to England

Jessica Swift became the first known supercentenarian to hop on a plane in 1981 at age 110!

http://gerontology.wikia.com/wiki/Jessica_Swift

But Richard Arvine Overton edges the two men, Hermann and George, out by a couple of months.

Yes, Overton is close to his 112th birthday, so he very likely is the oldest passenger ever.

• Like 1

Hey you numbnuts Overton has his own thread, I saw to it.  Use it.

SC

• Like 1

On 10/05/2018 at 22:38, YoungWillz said:

Just seen a video of her successor, 113-year-old Lessie Brown. If anyone's got her on their team then it seems like they'll be getting points. Nabi Tajima looked better at 117, fucking hell! Poor woman.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 123jeff said:

LOL I AGREE. Nabi at 117 even looked better. 

Interestingly enough, before I used to think Lessie Brown was pretty strong. http://gerontology.wikia.com/wiki/Lessie_Brown

Her gerontology wiki picture looked pretty good.

This was until I saw an actual video of her :o 

However, her daughters, aged 90 and 88, look extremely well for their age

Yeah, she seems to have gone downhill rapidly in the last 3 years.

This is the first time since 1993 (or 1987 if you believe Lucy Hannah) the oldest Brit is older than the oldest American. Not only that but there are 2 Brits in that position. We could also see the age of the Oldest American drop below 113 for the first time since 1987-91.

• Like 1

Bessie Camm has died. She'll get a QO eventually, but for now this is all I have.

Are we sure Killa Camm's gone? There's only one post about it on the anti-DL 110 Club....

Just now, Spade_Cooley said:

Are we sure Killa Camm's gone? There's only one post about it on the anti-DL 110 Club....

Call the Rotherham Advertiser, somebody....

8 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Oldest in Britain's a reliable source. According to them she died the day before Jowell and they've already written up a report on Olive Boar being the oldest Brit since Camm went. The national press will find out in a few hours... or will they?

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Call the Rotherham Advertiser, somebody....

As the old joke goes, "If you're here, who's at home fucking the kids?"

6 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Bessie Camm has died. She'll get a QO eventually, but for now this is all I have.

Cup entrant.....best be sure mate.

Edit - STRIKE THAT I was thinking last month.

9 hours and still absolutely nothing :scratchhead:

There's an editing war on her Wikipedia page over whether or not she's died (spoiler: she has). Would it be possible for the oldest person in Britain for nearly 2 years to just slip away with no publicity?

9 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Bessie Camm now also marked dead on the supercentenarian database (and Wikipedia):

http://supercentenarian-research-foundation.org/TableE.aspx/

Edit: Actually, once you look on that page, you just see that she's nowhere to be found there, neither living nor dead.

She is on that page, under the dead column. If you click on "died" then she's right at the bottom, died on 11th May at 113y 325d. Anyway I'm gonna hope there's a QO tomorrow when I wake up.

9 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

9 hours and still absolutely nothing :scratchhead:

There's an editing war on her Wikipedia page over whether or not she's died (spoiler: she has). Would it be possible for the oldest person in Britain for nearly 2 years to just slip away with no publicity?

Yes, if she were alive for instance.

Youve been sCAMMed.  :D

18 hours and counting.  That’s such a bullshit source on Wiki whoever Admins it should ban them.  Not saying she’s alive, saying that’s a bullshit source, and to allow an edit based on it is unconscionable.

SC

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Chechen claimant Koku Istambulova talks of her miserable "129 year life": http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5735065/Worlds-oldest-woman-aged-129-says-shes-miserable-day-life.html

Ffs. A QO website reporting on yet another fairy story from the backwaters of Chechnya, but still nothing for Bessie Camm!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Chechen claimant Koku Istambulova talks of her miserable "129 year life": http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5735065/Worlds-oldest-woman-aged-129-says-shes-miserable-day-life.html

"She and her family were later deported along with the entire Chechen nation Kazakhstan and Siberia"

"During her long life, she lost several children, including a son who died aged six. Relatives say Istambulova's only surviving daughter Tamara died five years ago, aged 104. During her long life, she lost several children,"

:unsure:

• Like 1