Mr Stats

World's Oldest

5 hours ago, robwell said:

while you think this myth is legit, take a look at this case

http://gerontology.wikia.com/wiki/Marie_Laure_du_Serre-Telmon

born 1860 and died 1977, the first 117 year old ever. this is an actual legit claim

she has marriage records, birth records, census records, etc which is why she is pending and NOT the cuban faker

maria just has her word (not reliable) and her identity card (not reliable).

NO BIRTH RECORDS, NO CENSUS RECORDS, NO CHILDREN, NO FAMILY TREE, NO RECORDS WHATSOEVER

there's already been research on this case, trust me

while this may not be on the level of "130 year old woman found in zimbabwe" or "179 year old man discovered in india"

it's still fake, sorry

In fact, 117-year old Maria was the daughter of the union of the 179-year old Indian and 130-year old Zimbabwean, when they were 62 and 13 respectively.  Met during a safari or summat.  Zimbabwe laws were different in 1901 than now, so long as the dowry was paid.  Google it!
SC

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

In fact, 117-year old Maria was the daughter of the union of the 179-year old Indian and 130-year old Zimbabwean, when they were 62 and 13 respectively.  Met during a safari or summat.  Zimbabwe laws were different in 1901 than now, so long as the dowry was paid.  Google it!
SC

wow! great work piecing together her life history, maybe now she's a true case

6 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

I'm already familiar with the MLDST case and it would be great if she were to become verified but if all the records were available then she would be.

Why's this any different for Telmon? All the family trees showing one Mme Marie Laure du Serre-Telmon, who died on 8th January 1977, say she was born in 1887/8.

There are early life records (including some retrieved from Venezuela, an area known for unreliable claims) and late life records, but there is a huge gap of half a century beginning in 1909. Only one or two pieces of evidence have been found in between. If a person of almost 40yo disappeared from records, would it be right to assume that someone alive 67 years later is the same person?

It would be nice if they could both get verified but another Lucy Hannah case is the last thing we want to happen. We know Quesada was a Catholic and there are baptism records from the 1900s for tonnes of people called Maria Emilia Quesada, maybe one will be a match. I have faith in the qualified gerontologists. They were able to verify Ora Holland (1900-2015) without a birth certificate. In time they might be able to determine Quesada's real age.

"All the family trees showing one Mme Marie Laure du Serre-Telmon, who died on 8th January 1977, say she was born in 1887/8."

No, it's confirmed that telmon's birthday was january 1860, the only slightly questionable part of her case was if she died in 1977.

for her case, the question mark goes like this (1860-1977?) because it's not the date of birth thats sketchy, its the date of death. She has birth record, baptism record, travel records, marriage record, divorce record and a death record.

"There are early life records (including some retrieved from Venezuela, an area known for unreliable claims) and late life records"

it literally doesn't matter where the records are located, as long as they are ORIGINAL AND UNALTERED. telmon's records were from the 1800s and early 1900s, they were the original ones, so even if they came from venezuela, her original records should not be sketchy, it should be lucky that she even had any. for example, Violet brown claimed 114, born in jamaica (a place with MANY false claims in the past), yet this one turned out to be true. Why? because she had the original documents so it didn't matter where she came from or what country she lived in.

" If a person of almost 40yo disappeared from records, would it be right to assume that someone alive 67 years later is the same person?" 

there's a reason why she's pending right now. multiple of her former nurses and doctors remember her living in a nursing home and the nursing home still exists today (a nurse born 1940 could've seen and cared for her and still be in their right mind today)

"They were able to verify Ora Holland (1900-2015) without a birth certificate." so what? many people have been validated without birth certificates. did you know sarah knauss (WHO REACHED 119) was validated without a birth certificate (i think her first record was when she was 19, within the 20 year period). this difference between these people and maria is that maria has no other evidence....

but maybe this is a good thing, maybe because of the lack of evidence whatsoever we may never be able to debunk her claim 100%

Recently the 121 year old chilean man was debunked... he was actually born 1912 and only 106

did you also think that guy was legit?

records were found and he got exposed... sometimes its not always a good thing to have a record if you're a faker

here are some nice photos of nabi tajima in her "youth" (relatively speaking, taken from the supercentenarian forums)

nabi at age 40 (front row, right side holding the baby)

nabi at age 61 (on the right) with her mom

nabi at age 68 (front row, second from left) with her late husband who lived (1896-1991) and reached a respectable age of 95 himself

note that the supercentenarian nabi tajima we saw was very frail in her later years, but look at when she was 61 and 68, she looked very healthy back then. I will also say that i think she looked more "normal". She still looked younger than her age, just not by too much of an extreme compared to some other supercentenarians. the "wow" factor was not that big, but still noticeably she was younger than her age.

she had 7 sons and 2 daughters. in the last photo of her at 68 in 1968, i count 7 sons and ONLY ONE daughter :o so does this mean her younger daughter passed away? or was she at school or something when the photo was taken?

lastly, i think the two children above nabi and tominishi (her husband), standing on the left in the third photo, are the same people as the two old people seen on both sides of nabi tajima in the last, fourth, pic. maybe they are her two eldest children or something? their face shapes just look very similar. 

it's great to see that extreme longevity ran in her family. her mom reached a respectable age. her husband reached a very respectable age for a man in the 1900s, and now her children are in their 80s and 90s (it certainly helps if your parents reached 117 + 95!).

nabi40.png

nabi61.png

nabi68.png

nabi.PNG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

Thieves empty bank account of 112-year-old Richard Overton, America's oldest living veteran & oldest living man.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/30/us/oldest-living-veteran-theft-trnd/index.html

For future reference, he has his own thread. ;)

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/9414-richard-overton/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Thieves empty bank account of 112-year-old Richard Overton, America's oldest living veteran & oldest living man.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/30/us/oldest-living-veteran-theft-trnd/index.html

Bank will be hard-pressed to say 'mistaken identity' for a 112-year old relatively famous individual.  I promise they are on the hook to return all funds.   I don't care how the 'thieves' got his info or if they used it to purchase online , so long as you are diligent in letting the bank know it's a fraud.  Had that happen to me (granted, we are talking $2500), and all money was put back in after a couple months.
Now - if it's been many months (and his niece? Volma suggests at least a few months have gone by), it may be arguably too late.
SC

• Like 1

113-year-old Clara Anderson of Alaska hasn't been confirmed alive for 2 years, therefore she enters the dreaded Limbo. Only about 5% of supercentenarians are eventually confirmed alive after gaining this status.

Question: "Where's Clara?"

Answer: "I'll ask her."

Response: But she's not in Alaska....

(You had to be there, it sounded funny).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

113-year-old Clara Anderson of Alaska hasn't been confirmed alive for 2 years, therefore she enters the dreaded Limbo. Only about 5% of supercentenarians are eventually confirmed alive after gaining this status.

I think it's very fair to say 95% of all 111-year olds regardless of 'status' are dead 2 years later.

1 hour ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

On a serious note,there is an article in the Homer (AK) Tribune ironically 3 years ago today (July 7 2015) that I can't access.  That is her hometown.  could well be an obituary.  If so, seems odd the powers that be don't know about it, so it's prolly a stock photo or summat and not an obit.

SC

Just now, Sir Creep said:

On a serious note,there is an article in the Homer (AK) Tribune ironically 3 years ago today (July 7 2015) that I can't access.  That is her hometown.  could well be an obituary.  If so, seems odd the powers that be don't know about it, so it's prolly a stock photo or summat and not an obit.

SC

She was definitely alive in July 2016, also her birthday is July 2nd so it's possible that they were a few days late in reporting on her birthday. Weirdly another American woman (Alelia Murphy, NY) who's 4 days younger than Clara is also in limbo, having last been reported in July 2016.

• Like 1

Here is Clara Anderson getting divorced a couple weeks ago, from Andy Boskofsky lol (pg 18)  :scratchhead: :sherlock:

• Like 1

well I searched Missouri in case she was taken back there.  nothing.

15 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Here is Clara Anderson getting divorced a couple weeks ago, from Andy Boskofsky lol (pg 18)  :scratchhead: :sherlock:

I'm sure we can say with certainty that it's the same person :huh:

Oy vey you can't be that daft.

OTOH, FACT information.... her age may have been exaggerated.
The 1940 US Census says b. 1907
The 1930 US Census says b. 1909
Maybe that's why she's missing all the sudden.  If it's 1909 she isn't a superC yet.

"Nonna Pina" Projetto now has obits in English, Italian, German, Slovak and Turkish. It's possible that a mainstream English language source will pick up on it, but don't hold your breath. Her European predecessor Ana Vela Rubio got a Mail QO; her Italian predecessor Marie Josephine Gaudette did not.

Jafar Behbahanian, the oldest man in Switzerland whose claimed age would've also made him the oldest man in the world, died June 30th.  The article below lists him as having been 115 at the time of his death.    His claim is known to the gerontology wikia people (as Djafar Behbahanian) and is unverified.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/supercentenarian-_oldest-man-in-switzerland-dies-at-115/44233260

http://gerontology.wikia.com/wiki/Supercentenarian_Claims_(110-114)

42 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Jafar Behbahanian, the oldest man in Switzerland whose claimed age would've also made him the oldest man in the world, died June 30th.  The article below lists him as having been 115 at the time of his death.    His claim is known to the gerontology wikia people (as Djafar Behbahanian) and is unverified.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/supercentenarian-_oldest-man-in-switzerland-dies-at-115/44233260

http://gerontology.wikia.com/wiki/Supercentenarian_Claims_(110-114)

Name is very very Swiss. Wonder why he was not called for the national football team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drol said:

Name is very very Swiss. Wonder why he was not called for the national football team.

He was too busy playing for Russia.

• Like 2