Mr Stats

World's Oldest

On 06/07/2018 at 00:59, Clorox Bleachman said:

113-year-old Clara Anderson of Alaska hasn't been confirmed alive for 2 years, therefore she enters the dreaded Limbo. Only about 5% of supercentenarians are eventually confirmed alive after gaining this status.

Clara Anderson died in 2016 aged 111. No source yet as the GRG tables haven't been updated.

On 06/07/2018 at 03:07, Clorox Bleachman said:

Weirdly another American woman (Alelia Murphy, NY) who's 4 days younger than Clara is also in limbo, having last been reported in July 2016.

Alelia's alive!! :party: :party: :party:

• Like 2

Chiyo Miyako has somehow gone into Limbo...

Kane Tanaka, 115, is the interim World's Oldest Person while people figure out what the hell happened.

Also Nabi Tajima's age is now disputed, meaning she might not have been the oldest person after all. Plot twist!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Chiyo Miyako has somehow gone into Limbo...

Kane Tanaka, 115, is the interim World's Oldest Person while people figure out what the hell happened.

Also Nabi Tajima's age is now disputed, meaning she might not have been the oldest person after all. Plot twist!

I think Chiyo is still alive and I still do believe Nabi Tajima is the age claimed.

Even in the super small chance Nabi's age is wrong, it's probably just + or - 1 year (but I highly doubt it)

Plot twist: Nabi was actually one year older?

Ages have gone up after a dispute before... 

• Like 1

One of the oldest living relatives of the founder of Tigard (OR) had passed away.  Curtis Tigard was born in 1909 and lived to the age of 109.

Tigard was a World War II veteran and graduate of Oregon Agricultural College, now known as Oregon State University.

Tigard was known as East Butte until the late 1800s, when renamed Tigardville after the postmaster, who was also Curtis’s dad.

The name was later shortened to Tigard so the railroad wouldn’t confuse it with Wilsonville.

SC

Condolences to 123jeff. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Eating candy is the longevity secret of world's oldest man Masazo Nonaka, who just turned 113. 

https://www.newsweek.com/man-confirmed-worlds-oldest-living-man-celebrates-another-birthday-1041120

Candy says he’s pretty good at it.

• Haha 3

Video of Kane Tanaka from today (yesterday in Japan):

She seems like quite a character.

19 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Seems to be doing great! Definitely the strongest of the current top 10 living (or Shimoe Akiyama??)

Also it's nice to see a physically strong Japanese 115+ for a change 

19 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

it's called being senile

A bit sad that "we" (as in mankind) have regressed to 115 when it comes to the age barrier. But I also believe that Tanaka is going to be around for a while. 

Last time I tipped an oldie to reach the dizzying heights of 120+, she died a few milliseconds later, but Tanaka does look pretty good for it at the moment...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Last time I tipped an oldie to reach the dizzying heights of 120+, she died a few milliseconds later, but Tanaka does look pretty good for it at the moment...

To be fair, this video was from yesterday and the video of the ill-fated Mrs Yonekura was from 2012. I think a lot of people have a dodgy video from 2012 which doesn't really represent them any more. For one:

octo1.thumb.jpg.12f4f28d6c23e7e17fa34df59f1609c8.jpg

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

A bit sad that "we" (as in mankind) have regressed to 115 when it comes to the age barrier. But I also believe that Tanaka is going to be around for a while. 

It hadn't even hit me the 1902 tank ran out of fuel until after Miyako's death. I believe it's the first year since the days of Sarah Knauss not to have a world's oldest person.

6 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

It hadn't even hit me the 1902 tank ran out of fuel until after Miyako's death. I believe it's the first year since the days of Sarah Knauss not to have a world's oldest person.

Correct. We've also never 'lost' 3 birth years in such a short space of time.

21 hours ago, runebomme said:

it's called being senile

Actually, Kane Tanaka is pretty much the opposite of senile.

Based from the recent videos, she's a very funny person who loves to make jokes. She can still walk, stand, eat by herself, see, do math, play games, etc. She seems to be fully mentally intact. Very impressive.

A thought to ponder:

I do believe that Violet Brown, if she hadn't been caught in the family feud, would still be alive today at age 118+ and would have eclipsed Ana Vela Rubio, Nabi Tajima, Giuseppina Projetto and Chiyo Miyako. Nabi and Chiyo probably would never have become the WOP's.

But this never happened, and now the WOP age is back down to 115. :( 

However, Kane is very strong and it's very impressive that she can do the things she does at 115+! With any luck, I hope she can stay with us for a couple more months/years and bring the WOP age back to 117

10 minutes ago, robwell said:

A thought to ponder:

I do believe that Violet Brown, if she hadn't been caught in the family feud, would still be alive today at age 118+ and would have eclipsed Ana Vela Rubio, Nabi Tajima, Giuseppina Projetto and Chiyo Miyako. Nabi and Chiyo probably would never have become the WOP's.

But this never happened, and now the WOP age is back down to 115. :( 

However, Kane is very strong and it's very impressive that she can do the things she does at 115+! With any luck, I hope she can stay with us for a couple more months/years and bring the WOP age back to 117

Ok, I know he has been in WWE for a long time, but I did not even suspect he was so old.

• Haha 1

On 18/07/2018 at 23:43, Clorox Bleachman said:

Clara Anderson died in 2016 aged 111. No source yet as the GRG tables haven't been updated.

looks like mugabe with a wig

• Haha 3

On 19/07/2018 at 00:43, Clorox Bleachman said:

Note all the racist hashtags in the tweet. If someone would have written WhiteDontCrack or  MyWhiteIsBeautiful there would be an immediate scandal, but they are black so they can write whatever they want. Don't see you for your 114.

• Like 2

Helen Graham Turner, who appears to have been the oldest person in New Jersey (none older in the Gerontology Wiki page), has died.  She was 111.  Her age claim is currently unvalidated.

https://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/obituaries/turner-helen-graham/article_e19ee794-3df4-5e86-b0cd-2d50ee2bc81f.html

http://gerontology.wikia.com/wiki/Helen_Turner

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Helen Graham Turner, who appears to have been the oldest person in New Jersey (none older in the Gerontology Wiki page), has died.  She was 111.  Her age claim is currently unvalidated.

https://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/obituaries/turner-helen-graham/article_e19ee794-3df4-5e86-b0cd-2d50ee2bc81f.html

http://gerontology.wikia.com/wiki/Helen_Turner

That's a shame, she seemed in great health for her age.

I've created a 110 Club account and x-posted it there. Mainly because I feel bad for spamming this thread!

• Like 2