Mr Stats

World's Oldest

More than 80 people died in Japan's heatwave, which reached its peak around July 22nd-24th. The Japan Meteorological Agency called the heatwave a "natural disaster". According to Robert Young and the Washington Post, the oldest victim was aged 117(!)

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

More than 80 people died in Japan's heatwave, which reached its peak around July 22nd-24th. The Japan Meteorological Agency called the heatwave a "natural disaster". According to the Washington Post and Robert Young, the oldest victim was aged 117(!)

He was "117 years Young".

16 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

He was "117 years Young".

I reworded it for people who don't understand commas :D

• Haha 1

SC, you are incorrigible!

Wonder who the hell that was, a 117 year old, presumably woman, who died on July the 22nd. I knew an amputee who loved to eat eels, but it is surely someone else.

9 hours ago, drol said:

SC, you are incorrigible!

Wonder who the hell that was, a 117 year old, presumably woman, who died on July the 22nd. I knew an amputee who loved to eat eels, but it is surely someone else.

Drol is feigning anger, he likes me!! :D

World's oldest married couple in combined age,  Masao Matsumoto (108) and Miyako Sonoda (100), need about 14 months to set the all-time record in that category.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2018/8/couple-together-for-80-years-with-combined-age-of-208-set-oldest-living-married-c-535346

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

World's oldest married couple in combined age,  Masao Matsumoto (108) and Miyako Sonoda (100), need about 14 months to set the all-time record in that category.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2018/8/couple-together-for-80-years-with-combined-age-of-208-set-oldest-living-married-c-535346

funny how they don't even make it onto the wiki page for oldest couples, which surely has been filled with unvalidated, false claims.

Julia Flores Colque, a Bolivian woman reported as being 117,  would be the world's oldest if validated.  Her birth card gives October 26th, 1900 as her birthdate.  Nothing from the GRC people that I can see but the story has been picked up internationally.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/bolivian-woman-thought-to-be-world-s-oldest-at-nearly-118-1.4070634

That also marks the second time a Grace Jones is the oldest Briton.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sir Creep said:

download.jpg.a6e03a2d81c2618e1b3adca3c230ff38.jpg

Might crack my first single malt of the autumn tonight in salute to her. Keep drinking keep posting, or summat

With the death of Olive Boar (probably the strongest 1904er) who else has a feeling that 1903 might outlive 1904?

the new strongest 1904er is probably Shin Matsushita

American supercentenarian Helen White turned 112 today (September 21st).  Revealed to be the aunt of Wheel of Fortune hostess Vanna White on tonight's show.

44 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

American supercentenarian Helen White turned 112 today (September 21st).  Revealed to be the aunt of Wheel of Fortune hostess Vanna White on tonight's show.

She shares the exact same date as my great grandfather birth (21. September 1906.)

8 hours ago, Putin said:

She shares the exact same date as my great grandfather birth (21. September 1906.)

Small World.

9 hours ago, Putin said:

Who’d have thought it......more than one person born every day.....?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Putin said:

I think you've earned a free spin.

• Like 1

Lessie Brown may not have been the oldest living American because Ophelia Burks of Shreveport, Louisiana claimed to have been born on 25th October 1903. Anyway, that's less relevant now, as Ophelia's died.

• Like 1