Mr Stats

World's Oldest

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I take it Gustav Gerneth is no nearer an obit

He’s 6 feet nearer.

• Haha 1

Jeanne Clement is literally the most documented supercentenarian ever and she was a Socialite  who was too well known to pull any shennanigans to fraud someone elses identity.Like Phelps,Bolt, Kipchoge etc sometimes you just get the rare freakish genetic outlier who also has the right circumstances(ie young widow who never had to worry about finances her whole life and was able to detach emotionally when friends and family all died)

1 hour ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Jeanne Clement is literally the most documented supercentenarian ever and she was a Socialite  who was too well known to pull any shennanigans to fraud someone elses identity.Like Phelps,Bolt, Kipchoge etc sometimes you just get the rare freakish genetic outlier who also has the right circumstances(ie young widow who never had to worry about finances her whole life and was able to detach emotionally when friends and family all died)

My argument is that there is an argument to be made. Yours is that she is inarguably not a fraudulent case. Here’s a bright idea. In light of the new research, why don’t we wait for the conclusive evidence of her DNA samples being examined in greater detail, before we all take a side on this, seeing as neither of us can prove conclusively that she was or wasn’t.

The image that we have for supercentenarians is not sufficient at all. 

For example as I read as of May 12, 2014 the Gerontology Research Group listed 73 verified supercentenarians living, but estimated worldwide numbers are as high as 450.

There are a lot of people that have claimed to be older than 122 years but their age has not been intedified from independent bodies. 

With a combined age of 211 years, one couple in Austin, Texas, has been named the oldest living couple in the world, according to Guinness World Records.

John Henderson is 106 and his wife, Charlotte, is 105.  On December 15, they will celebrate 80 years of marriage.

SC

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

With a combined age of 211 years, one couple in Austin, Texas, has been named the oldest living couple in the world, according to Guinness World Records.

John Henderson is 106 and his wife, Charlotte, is 105.  On December 15, they will celebrate 80 years of marriage.

SC

He also has his own Wiki page as he was an American football player.

• Like 1

On 21/09/2019 at 10:35, gcreptile said:

Switching to the oldest people with fame beyond age:

Cecilia Seghizzi celebrated her 111th birthday this month:

https://www.rainews.it/tgr/fvg/video/2019/09/fvg-Seghizzi-Cecilia-111-anni-75d28743-f1ef-49e1-a6fd-a22ecc36a010.html

Still looking stable, sitting in that chair there.

Cecilia Seghizzi has died.  A DDP pick, too.

https://www.nordest24.it/e-morta-a-gorizia-cecilia-seghizzi-aveva-111-anni/

(Italian language obit, English one pending.)

• Like 2

On 02/12/2018 at 12:09, Clorox Bleachman said:

Agnes Kluckhenn
01 Apr 1909
Lives in unknown location in Australia
Oldest Aussie

Does this woman even exist? I'm not convinced. At just 109 she's a youngster compared to others, but you know what they say about Australians and Mail obits.

Agnes Kluckhenn dead at 110.

• Like 1

On 19/07/2018 at 00:43, Clorox Bleachman said:

Clara Anderson died in 2016 aged 111. No source yet as the GRG tables haven't been updated.

Alelia's alive!! :party: :party: :party:

Bobby Mugs lookalike Alelia Murphy dead at 114.

https://www.abc7ny.com/amp/society/oldest-woman-in-us-harlem-resident-alelia-murphy-dies-at-114/5722527/

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 31/10/2019 at 11:45, Ulitzer95 said:

I think she was pretty disconnected from the people living around her from what I read. If you look at the photos and examine the facial structures, the argument does hold weight. It will be interesting to see if they get permission to run DNA tests as they’ve requested, then we will know for sure. 

Plot twist: As scientists dig up Calment's body from her grave, they discover upon close inspection that her body is made entirely out of clay. With the help of a microscope, they notice a small inprint that says "(c) Nick Park".

On 01/11/2019 at 02:53, Ulitzer95 said:

My argument is that there is an argument to be made. Yours is that she is inarguably not a fraudulent case. Here’s a bright idea. In light of the new research, why don’t we wait for the conclusive evidence of her DNA samples being examined in greater detail, before we all take a side on this, seeing as neither of us can prove conclusively that she was or wasn’t.

Really good article on it in today's Guardian - the bulk of the fake claims being that she bucks almost all that's currently taken as gospel to do with again science (though this gives a provisional maximum lifespan of 119-129). The bulk of the genuine case is also fairly robust basically asking how someone in a smallish and well connected community could pass off posing as her father's wife and get her own son to collude without anyone else even suspecting - https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/nov/30/oldest-woman-in-the-world-magical-thinking

I'm assuming there are aging actresses already pestering their agents to find out who's got the movie rights

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Really good article on it in today's Guardian - the bulk of the fake claims being that she bucks almost all that's currently taken as gospel to do with again science (though this gives a provisional maximum lifespan of 119-129). The bulk of the genuine case is also fairly robust basically asking how someone in a smallish and well connected community could pass off posing as her father's wife and get her own son to collude without anyone else even suspecting - https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/nov/30/oldest-woman-in-the-world-magical-thinking

From that article

6290.jpg?width=1920&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=d13b0a8d0268a455c9c08279813539fd

Gerontologist Aubrey De Grey, in California

Sure it's not Professor Denzil Dexter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIUdyBG_DT0

1 hour ago, Toast said:

From that article

6290.jpg?width=1920&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=d13b0a8d0268a455c9c08279813539fd

Gerontologist Aubrey De Grey, in California

Sure it's not Professor Denzil Dexter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIUdyBG_DT0

Yeah, that ra-ra-Rasputin lookalike believes humans could eventually live to be 3000 years old

That'd do for the likes of Advent Avalanche and the Deathrace!

Yeah, that ra-ra-Rasputin lookalike believes humans could eventually live to be 3000 years old

Oh well... we'd be back at it after 2900 years.

I think it will happen sooner or later. And it will be catastrophic.

1 minute ago, drol said:

I think it will happen sooner or later. And it will be catastrophic.

Well, it depends on whether the AI that'll take over the planet soon enough wants us around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Well, it depends on whether the AI that'll take over the planet soon enough wants us around.

At that time you will not be using such robophobic terms as AI.

• Haha 2

For a second I thought it was going to be Kane Tanaka. Gave me a shock, just a little bit. 

Kane Tanaka is still not dead, but the UK's oldest person Hilda Clulow is. She was aged 111 years and 284 days. Awaiting obit.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Kane Tanaka is still not dead, but the UK's oldest person Hilda Clulow is. She was aged 111 years and 284 days. Awaiting obit.

She was quite a popular pick for my 2020 work game. Will play merry hell with the team selections. However by the time I get back to work hopefully we will have an obit.

Kane Tanaka is 117 today! :birthday:

• Like 9