Mr Stats

World's Oldest

11 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Kane Tanaka is 117 today! :birthday:

She plans to try to live to 120, which means she has exactly 3 years to go.

• Like 2

She's a keeper. Healthiest oldest person in a while.

33 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Still statistically unlikely for her to reach 118.

5 hours ago, Prophet said:

Still statistically unlikely for her to reach 118.

If we go "by statistics" though she cannot die at the age of 118 because nobody in history ever did.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

If we go "by statistics" though she cannot die at the age of 118 because nobody in history ever did.

ToMjGpnXBTw7vnokxhu.gif

• Like 2

Buffalo’s oldest citizen has died.

Mamie Lang Kirkland was 111 years and 116 days old when she passed away Saturday in her Buffalo home.

She was the second oldest person in New York State, according to Gerontology Wiki.
SC

• Like 1

On 02/01/2020 at 13:15, gcreptile said:

Emma Morano looked happier and healthier at 117, but even she couldn't make it to 118. I do think we'll have at least one 118 or even 119 year old in the 2020's, but it feels very unlikely Kane Tanaka will be the one to break that barrier again. You can really tell she lost a lot of her energy and freedom of movement these past few months. She just looks really good to us in comparison to the two previous Japanese record holders, who were both extremely frail and it's a wonder they got as far as they did. But once a supercentenarian starts deteriorating, even a strong one like her...:(

• Like 2

On 20/10/2019 at 19:13, drol said:

Kura Bingo turned 114 today, which is not bad for a fucking barely breathing cadaver! :birthday:

Also Gerneth turned 114 some days ago and seemed to be in relatively good shape, though frailer than before. 

Kura Bingo died on October 31th 2019, aged 114, but it has been acknowledged only now.

I guess it was pretty much hard to determine if she was dead or alive, judging by her photos...

image.jpeg.1d6307e0ae10a1e76c0503e725585031.jpeg

Barely a year, and three quarters of the supercentenarians I listed have died.

• Like 1

On 25 December 2019 at 00:18, Clorox Bleachman said:

Kane Tanaka is still not dead, but the UK's oldest person Hilda Clulow is. She was aged 111 years and 284 days. Awaiting obit.

Joan Eileen Hocquard along with Bob Weighton are now the joint oldest living people in the UK at 111 years and 284 days

• Like 1

On 30/09/2016 at 16:02, YoungWillz said:
On 08/01/2012 at 02:39, Windsor said:

This couple have been married for 86 years: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16441633

He is 106, she is 99. When you do the math it seems Mr Chand was a bit of a paedo in the early days...

Mr Chand is dead at 110. http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/NEWS/14775553.World__39_s_longest_married_man_dies_at_age_of_110/

Thinks he's on the DDP...checks.

Nup. Not there, might have been last year...

And now Kartari has joined her husband, aged 107.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/people/tributes-paid-to-bradford-s-oldest-woman-who-died-aged-107-1-10190921

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There is absolutely no way to tell how old they actually were. Could have easily both been 20 years younger than claimed. They only emigrated to the UK in the 60s. Going to start a new life in your 50s abroad is a bit... strange.

Irene Sinclair - one of the UK's oldest people, Dove model in her 90s, and @Clorox Bleachman's fave - has died at age 111.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Guinness World Records, Ripley's Amazing etc never acknowledged the Chands. Their 90th wedding anniversary (no name for it as 'oak' for 80th is the furthest records go) went unrecorded except by Wiki and various newspapers. Guinness & most sources state the record W/A is 86 years. Additionally, the site that records the oldest living Britons (there are about 170 aged 107 and above) refused to add Mr Chand a few years ago when I suggested him as one of the oldest men in the country due to sources being unable to be verified.

Happy 115th Birthday Jeanne Bot! I know it’s a little late but still. :birthday:

On 05/01/2020 at 22:16, sadgirldreaming93 said:

Emma Morano looked happier and healthier at 117, but even she couldn't make it to 118. I do think we'll have at least one 118 or even 119 year old in the 2020's, but it feels very unlikely Kane Tanaka will be the one to break that barrier again. You can really tell she lost a lot of her energy and freedom of movement these past few months. She just looks really good to us in comparison to the two previous Japanese record holders, who were both extremely frail and it's a wonder they got as far as they did. But once a supercentenarian starts deteriorating, even a strong one like her...:(

Kane Tanaka has been suffering from high fever the past few days, it seems she has recovered now, but that can't be a good sign...

• Like 2

Nothing is a good sign at that age

Breathing is usually a sensational sign at that age.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Shocked 2

5 hours ago, drol said:

Kane Tanaka has been suffering from high fever the past few days, it seems she has recovered now, but that can't be a good sign...

Corosvirus could be deadly to the elderly of Japan.

Do you think she will be the one to make it to live to 118 years old and pherhaps surpass Sarah Knauss and maybe Jeanne Louise Calment.

• Like 1

My aim is to outlive all humans born in the 20th century. I want to be last man surviving born in 20th century. I am 25 years old now. I presume that if i live upto the age of 125 I can achieve that goal.

She is now the 9th oldest verified person ever. Congratulations! 

21 hours ago, Putin said:

Do you think she will be the one to make it to live to 118 years old and pherhaps surpass Sarah Knauss and maybe Jeanne Louise Calment.

Hmmm. I find surpassing Knauss (I don't talk about calment!) extremely difficult. Anyway, based on the most recent photos I think that she could finally be the third person ever to see 118.

She won't surpass 2020 Cup play.