Mr Stats

World's Oldest

What do I need to do if I want to be the oldest person alive?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GMsohum said:

Easy. Don't die. 

2 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Easy. Don't die. 

Not so easy. Death can occur anytime and in any form. It is unpredictable

• Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, GMsohum said:

Death by humour, I would exclude in your case.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, GMsohum said:

6e4836ce122b44072a8b11a186b07e42.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GMsohum said:

Kill everybody else who's older than you.

I challenge everyone that I will be the last man surviving from the 20th century. My birth year is 1994.  Will post 'Hi' in this thread on 1st Jan 2120. All the 20th century born would be wiped out by then theoretically. I will be the only one surviving. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Toast said:

Kill everybody else who's older than you.

If I choose that option all the nations police will be behind me and they will kill me. 

Just now, GMsohum said:

If I choose that option all the nations police will be behind me and they will kill me. 

You troll well. Fair.

Best option is to live upto year 2150. Then i will enter Guiness Book of World Records and my name will be immortal even after my death. 150 years is not a big deal. One year passes very fast on count of 1-2-3

19 minutes ago, Putin said:

6e4836ce122b44072a8b11a186b07e42.jpg

I am saying seriously. As a child when anyone used to ask me what is your ambition in life? I used to say I want to be alive in year 2100. I am not kidding.

16 minutes ago, GMsohum said:

I am saying seriously. As a child when anyone used to ask me what is your ambition in life? I used to say I want to be alive in year 2100. I am not kidding.

Why?

10 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Why?

That's a funny story. When i was 4-5 years old i used to think that I will live upto year 3000. Then later i understood it is impossible so came down to 2100. The reason is simple. Living that long implies good health for a long time and good health will come by staying in good environment and being busy in work and having a balanced life. Longevity is a result of many positive factors. Luck is also required. We get to live only once so why not live as long as possible? 

Is this geezer just a sober @bladan or something?

I kind of want to have lived in three centuries, i.e. from 1982-2100 at least (yes, not 2101 but 2100, looks good enough).

3 hours ago, GMsohum said:

That's a funny story. When i was 4-5 years old i used to think that I will live upto year 3000. Then later i understood it is impossible so came down to 2100. The reason is simple. Living that long implies good health for a long time and good health will come by staying in good environment and being busy in work and having a balanced life. Longevity is a result of many positive factors. Luck is also required. We get to live only once so why not live as long as possible? 

The most important factor, by far, is genetics...:old: since you're a man, you're already at a major disadvantage.

5 hours ago, sadgirldreaming93 said:

The most important factor, by far, is genetics...:old: since you're a man, you're already at a major disadvantage.

Luck is most important factor. Even if your genetics are strong, you can die anytime in accident or by major illness. Those long living people have learnt the art of survival and also have great luck. For example, the people who died by Coronavirus were unlucky 

Fotima Mirzokulova, an unverified claimant from Tajikistan as the 'world's oldest woman', has died.  She was (allegedly) 126 years old.   Her specific birthdate has been presented as March 13, 1893. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7942273/Worlds-oldest-woman-claimed-born-1893-dies-aged-127-Tajikistan.html

(Also got obits from the Sun and the Mirror)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GMsohum said:

Luck is most important factor. Even if your genetics are strong, you can die anytime in accident or by major illness. Those long living people have learnt the art of survival and also have great luck. For example, the people who died by Coronavirus were unlucky 

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

There are now 50 people verified to have reached the age of 115 with Shigeyo Nakachi's birthday today.

EDIT: Only 3 of which were male, if you were curious.

• Like 5

On 30/01/2020 at 05:13, Toast said:

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Another Terry Jones reset: Ron Obvious

081F2300-4B0F-4B75-9F28-D69FFEE2A5BE.jpeg

• Like 1

On 29/01/2020 at 20:59, GMsohum said:

I challenge everyone that I will be the last man surviving from the 20th century. My birth year is 1994.  Will post 'Hi' in this thread on 1st Jan 2120. All the 20th century born would be wiped out by then theoretically. I will be the only one surviving. 

Your birth year being 1994 already places you at a huge disadvantage. Those 5 (or 6 depending on how you count the 20th century) years that you lose by not being born in 1999 or 2000 makes it almost impossible to become the last living person from the 20th century.

10 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

Your birth year being 1994 already places you at a huge disadvantage. Those 5 (or 6 depending on how you count the 20th century) years that you lose by not being born in 1999 or 2000 makes it almost impossible to become the last living person from the 20th century.

Yeah, he proper dropped the ball there, didn't he.

• Haha 2

Dorothy McClements, who surely must hold the record for oldest person living in the same residence their entire life, has died.  She was 110 and an unvalidated supercentenarian.

https://devito-salvadorefh.com/book-of-memories/4094363/McClements-M, Dorothy/index.php

https://gerontology.wikia.org/wiki/Dorothy_McClements

• Like 1