Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Is that Calment's record still gospel? Was word of her taking her mothers identity for whatever reason so would have been "only" 102 or so when she died?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arsewipe said:

Is that Calment's record still gospel?

Yes, yes it is.

Happy to help.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Prophet said:

I think she will die this year (from a statistic point of view because only two people became older than 117, but 5 people died at 117 (of course statistics are there to be broken)) but she will at least reach Violet Browns age.

Actually these ages are terra incognita as we have an extremely small sample (of people who died older than 117) so it's not very safe to make predictions based on statistics.

19 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

You think she can reach 120 or more ? That’s seems really complicated to me... however, When she dies, Lucille Randon will be the oldest person alive. She’s french so I would be more interested to see her reach 120 than Kane Tanaka tbh 

Lucille randon could die before kane.

29 minutes ago, Donald said:

Lucille randon could die before kane.

Yeah true, but according to her interview for her 115th birthday, she seemed extremely healthy and lucid. Again, it was one year ago and at this age, everything moves so fast, you never know...

19 hours ago, Arsewipe said:

Is that Calment's record still gospel? Was word of her taking her mothers identity for whatever reason so would have been "only" 102 or so when she died?

I don't believe that. It would be too hard to assume your mother's identity moments after she died. Like surely people would've been able to notice the transition.

12 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

I don't believe that. It would be too hard to assume your mother's identity moments after she died. Like surely people would've been able to notice the transition.

Precisely ! + in some interviews she gave really intimate details about her life as a young girl : How can You know such insignificant details of your mother’s childhood ? 

edit : + We don’t talk about taking your mother’s identity for a year or 2 : according to that russian theory, she would have kept her mother’s id during 63 years ! It seems strongly unelikely to me 

• Like 2

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tava_Colo

it seems like this woman might well be the oldest woman alive, the last person alive from 1902, 11 days older than Kane Tanaka. Nothing contradicts her age but her birth certificate appears to be « unvalidated » by the gerontology research team because it was not the Same one as today...

the link is in french btw...

• Like 1

On 17/05/2020 at 21:43, msc said:

Yes, yes it is.

Happy to help.

It might be recognised by the official bodies but it's recognised because the fraud can't be proven not because it didn't happen. 

53 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tava_Colo

it seems like this woman might well be the oldest woman alive, the last person alive from 1902, 11 days older than Kane Tanaka. Nothing contradicts her age but her birth certificate appears to be « unvalidated » by the gerontology research team because it was not the Same one as today...

the link is in french btw...

Looking at the pictures of her online, it isn’t unthinkable that she could be the age she claims. Especially given that her YOUNGEST grandchildren were born in the 70s. Though because she’s from an overseas dependency where record keeping was poor back in that period, it doesn’t look like there’s a birth certificate period. Her ID card is cited as “evidence”. She could actually be ten years younger, and it looks like she’s been on the radar since at least 2017. The GRG maybe smell a rat.

Bob Weighton looks like he could easily live a few years more. 

Also is 'Dean of humanity' a weird translation or is that the French term for it? 

On 31/03/2020 at 01:54, roaming_comrade said:

Probably all those in-the-middle-of-nowhere in Asia, South America or Africa living folks who claim to be 120-150 but dont look a day over 90

Realistically there's probably a few hundred people aged 130 to 150 in the world. 

The West should really start to fund proper birth marriage death records for every country. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Realistically there's probably a few hundred people aged 130 to 150 in the world. 

The West should really start to fund proper birth marriage death records for every country. 

Current science supports that the maximum possible human life span lies around 125-130, unless we start to mess with Human DNA of course.

5 hours ago, roaming_comrade said:

Current science supports that the maximum possible human life span lies around 125-130, unless we start to mess with Human DNA of course.

That science is far from conclusive at this point.

Hence the suggestion that western organisations - specifically genealogical and population ones should help establish concrete bmd registration on an internal basis,

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Hence the suggestion that western organisations - specifically genealogical and population ones should help establish concrete bmd registration on an internal basis,

I've heard that 126 is our maximum human lifespan. For the younger ones on the forum, like myself, we might just be able to witness whether this is true or not.

23 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

I've heard that 126 is our maximum human lifespan. For the younger ones on the forum, like myself, we might just be able to witness whether this is true or not.

This research is not by any means accepted. It's believed to have had serious errors in it.

1 hour ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Given that the age of death of the oldest centenarians pretty much dies down consistently from age 112-117 with 2 outliers. it is safe to assume that the absolute maximum doesnt lie far above jeanne calment

6 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

Given that the age of death of the oldest centenarians pretty much dies down consistently from age 112-117 with 2 outliers. it is safe to assume that the absolute maximum doesnt lie far above jeanne calment

true.. But I really hope to witness someone reaching Calment's age or a bit more in my lifetime, no matter if it's Kane Tanaka, Lucille Randon or someone else ! 

7 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

But this is based on developed nations. There's plenty of unverified but not disproven claims far in excess of Jean Calment's age.

My point was more that the scientific study your refer to has been shown to be heavily flawed. 

52 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

But this is based on developed nations. There's plenty of unverified but not disproven claims far in excess of Jean Calment's age.

My point was more that the scientific study your refer to has been shown to be heavily flawed. 

How does someone even calculate the maximum life span? Surely this is just based on guessing.

1 minute ago, Kenny McCormick said:

How does someone even calculate the maximum life span? Surely this is just based on guessing.

The study that was being referred to used best estimates based on observed and theoretical declines of Vo2 max levels. However as I said it's been discredited pretty much. 

2 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Developed countries except of better recordkeeping have also better life expectancy... 

Most supercentenarians live having very good care in retirement homes etc, would that be possible at the same degree in less wealthy countries?

5 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

its simple statistical analysis, biological research just complements

An unverified claim if ever there was one.

Oba Samuel Afolabi, the Onilua of Ilua in Kajola Local Government Area of Oyo State and its oldest monarch, has died. It's being asserted he was 141.  It gets better.  According to the obit, he's BELIEVED to be the oldest king in Oyo State. But I guess they're not sure. :scratchhead:

https://www.voiceairmedia.com/2020/05/oyo-oldest-monarch-has-died.html

• Haha 3