Mr Stats

World's Oldest

11 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Irene Triplett is, how you say, no longer drawing that pension...or breath. By which I mean she's dead: https://www.wsj.com/articles/last-person-to-receive-a-civil-war-era-pension-dies-11591141193

Her father was born in 1846 - difficult to believe that anyone still alive has a father (or mother!) born in an earlier year such as before Victoria came to the throne in 1837.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guy Incognito said:

https://www.considerable.com/entertainment/history/president-john-tyler-grandsons/

US President John Tyler born in 1790 still has two grandsons still alive  

Yes, John Tyler's son, Lyon Gardiner Tyler was born in 1853 & died in 1935. His living sons are Lyon (b 1924) & Harrison (b 1928). So they have a father who was born earlier than the much-quoted (well on Test Match Special anyway)  cricket writer John Woodcock who is 94 this year & whose father was born in 1857 & whose paternal grandfather was born before the Battle of Waterloo.

• Like 1

Triplett, the Tylers, Hitlers last living relatives,.... all the last representatives of their eras - the final living links.

I didn't know Irene Triplett was severely disabled. Those 90 years were a real triumph, I guess.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Triplett, the Tylers, Hitlers last living relatives,.... all the last representatives of their eras - the final living links.

I didn't know Irene Triplett was severely disabled. Those 90 years were a real triumph, I guess.

Anthony Eden's widow is 100 this year. John le Mesurier's widow is another link with the past as the last widows (of Ted Sinclair & James Beck) have died acccording to an online site. In a  documentary on Dad's Army the son of Arnold Ridley (Private Godfrey) seemed as old as his late father appeared in the show.

On 03/06/2020 at 01:40, YoungWillz said:

Irene Triplett is, how you say, no longer drawing that pension...or breath. By which I mean she's dead: https://www.wsj.com/articles/last-person-to-receive-a-civil-war-era-pension-dies-11591141193

More on the Triplett family and service here for those interested who don't have a WSJ account.

5 minutes ago, time said:

More on the Triplett family and service here for those interested who don't have a WSJ account.

The last living relative of Hitler is dead? Well that really is the end of an era /error ! 

PS am ashamed to say that in tracing my family tree found out we had some German roots from the nazi era. Bit of a sobering realisation ! I of course have nothing but contempt for that whole era of course.

50 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

The last living relative of Hitler is dead? Well that really is the end of an era /error ! 

PS am ashamed to say that in tracing my family tree found out we had some German roots from the nazi era. Bit of a sobering realisation ! I of course have nothing but contempt for that whole era of course.

Many people will have the same, but 'from the nazi era' doesn't equate to being a 'nazi'. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

You are a genuine, bona fide, moron.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

You are a genuine, bona fide, moron.

Thank y ou. I've finally made it ! 

This time next month, Kane Tanaka will have surpassed Violet Brown

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

The UK's longest married couple Eric and Nancy Kingston celebrated their 80th wedding anniversary: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8432785/Our-historic-union-Britains-longest-married-couple-celebrate-80-blissful-years.html

Conflicting records apparently. There are various online sites stating that Jack and Joan Bare (aged 102 &101) will have been married 81 years in August 2020 & that THEY currently have the longest marriage in the UK. Also earlier this year a couple were featured in the press & on TV who were celebrating THEIR Oak (80th) wedding anniversary so unless something has happened to at least one of them during lockdown then THEY must have the second longest marriage in the UK. (It doesn't help with marriage records when Guinness ignore the two longest marriages on the Wikipedia page.)

Erminia Bianchini, Italy's oldest person, dead at 112. 111-year old Maria Oliva from Sicily is now the Country's oldest person.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Dumitru Comănescu, officially recognized as the world's oldest man, has died. He was 111. He'd inherited the title late last month.

https://www.mediafax.ro/social/a-murit-dumitru-comanescu-romanul-care-a-fost-pentru-scurt-timp-cel-mai-varstnic-barbat-din-lume-foto-19349245

(Romanian language obit)

Fast.

• Like 1

Up until the last person born in the 19th century died I used to follow the oldest relatively regularly (incidentally, in a one-off try I managed to get a postcard from Misao Okawa!), now I seem to have lost the habit. But how young the oldest seem nowadays! 111, 112, that's no age really, is it?

Edit: Didn't read properly, mistook Erminia Bianchini to have been the world's oldest. Nevermind then.

Kane Tanaka is now the 6th oldest verified person ever. 

• Like 2

On 17/05/2020 at 23:26, Prophet said:

I think she will die this year (from a statistic point of view because only two people became older than 117, but 5 people died at 117 (of course statistics are there to be broken)) but she will at least reach Violet Browns age.

Done :P

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Donald said:

Done :P

Yessir. Hope she reaches Marie-Louise Meilleur’s age.

23 hours ago, Donald said:

Kane Tanaka is now the 6th oldest verified person ever. 

As of today she is...

6 Kane Tanaka[6] 2 January 1903 Living 117 years, 190 days Japan
7 Violet Brown[6] 10 March 1900 15 September 2017 117 years, 189 days Jamaica
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like Lucile Randon isn't the only person still alive born in 1904.

Francisca Celsa dos Santos, born October 21st 1904. Officially validated yesterday by GRG.

Source

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2