Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Kane Tanaka has achieved age 118, and she is the first person to make this in 21st century. 

Happy birthday.:D

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Donald said:

Kane Tanaka has achieved age 118. 

Technically speaking, considering their timezone is currently midnight Jan 2nd. 

She is the first person to reach 118 in 22 years - I'm sure we'll see plenty from Guiness World Records about it in the coming days.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Donald said:

Kane Tanaka has achieved age 118, and she is the first person to make this in 21st century. 

Awesome! Still feels like yesterday Calment and Knauss were about tbh. :D

• Like 1

Happy 118th birthday Mrs. Kane Tanaka.

• Like 2

Kane Tanaka's 118th birthday is now confirmed by Japan's public broadcaster NHK:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20210102/k10012793571000.html

It says she is still in good health, eats three meals a day and still does gymnastics and solves math problems. 

• Like 5

A today photo of Kane Tanaka. Behind her you can see birthday cards she received by fans from all the world and as always some colas.:D

bfe136d436b918c17ded7111ecc833f3.jpg.61b044cc9252c0f29b8adaed519d1908.jpg

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Donald said:

Kane Tanaka's 118th birthday is now confirmed by Japan's public broadcaster NHK:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20210102/k10012793571000.html

It says she is still in good health, eats three meals a day and still does gymnastics and solves math problems. 

Recent math problem solved:  117 + 1 =118

• Like 3

When interviewed by reporters, Tanaka adfirmed she felt sad. They asked her why, and she answered the Old Crem had created threads for everyone but not for her.

• Like 2
  • Haha 16
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, drol said:

When interviewed by reporters, Tanaka adfirmed she felt sad. They asked her why, and she answered the Old Crem had created threads for everyone but not for her.

Don't tempt me.

Adfirmed?

To put Tanaka's age into perspective, she was born before Bix Beiderbecke (died 1931), Matthias Sindelar (died 1939) and Lou Gehrig (died 1941).

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

To put Tanaka's age into perspective, she was born before Bix Beiderbecke (died 1931), Matthias Sindelar (died 1939) and Lou Gehrig (died 1941).

Jean Harlow (died 1937) as well. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Kane Tanaka was born before Margaret Ann Neve died (b 18 May 1792) on 4 April 1903 aged 110 y 321 d. Margaret is regarded as the very first British super centenarian. A span between her & Kane that involves 4 different centuries. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 2

Just red a lot of articles about centenarians and supercentenarians recently and have a few questions now :

1) What are the chances that, amongst all the claimed supercentenarians who said to have reached 122, one of them tells the truth ? 
2) who do you think it is/was ?

3) What are the odds that a 100 yo woman lives to her 105 birthday considering she is healthy (but lost her mind recently), never smoked, nor drunk etc ? (Asking for my great grandmother) 

4) do you think there’s a « maximum age » for human race ? 
5) have you some good articles about gerontology ? 

thanks for you answers, I would be delighted whatever the answer is 

edit - one more question and I promise I’ll stop : do you think Kane Tanaka will surpass Sarah Knauss’ age ?

18 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Just red a lot of articles about centenarians and supercentenarians recently and have a few questions now :

1) What are the chances that, amongst all the claimed supercentenarians who said to have reached 122, one of them tells the truth ? 
2) who do you think it is/was ?

3) What are the odds that a 100 yo woman lives to her 105 birthday considering she is healthy (but lost her mind recently), never smoked, nor drunk etc ? (Asking for my great grandmother) 

4) do you think there’s a « maximum age » for human race ? 
5) have you some good articles about gerontology ? 

thanks for you answers, I would be delighted whatever the answer is 

edit - one more question and I promise I’ll stop : do you think Kane Tanaka will surpass Sarah Knauss’ age ?

1. I don't think there's a chance. Calment's age is such an outlier that even that has gone under dispute recently. The only reason she was verified is because there was such an extensive background of records to back up her claimed age, which all of these claimants don't have.
2. See above.
3. It's very unpredictable to say at such an old age, but having a healthy lifestyle definitely makes the odds more likely.
4. Some scientists have actually placed an upper limit on human lifespan at around 125 or 130, though this is also a point of dispute, and we won't be able to truly tell until an apt amount of medical advances are made.
5. The Gerontology Research Group at https://grg.org/ should host or at least link to a few articles or publications relating to Gerontology.
6. Again, unpredictable, but if any of the currently living supercenteneranians are to pull it off, Tanaka has the best chance. When she took the spot of oldest living person, people noted how healthy she seemed for her age.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JeffreyTheSuperSnail said:

1. I don't think there's a chance. Calment's age is such an outlier that even that has gone under dispute recently. The only reason she was verified is because there was such an extensive background of records to back up her claimed age, which all of these claimants don't have.
2. See above.
3. It's very unpredictable to say at such an old age, but having a healthy lifestyle definitely makes the odds more likely.
4. Some scientists have actually placed an upper limit on human lifespan at around 125 or 130, though this is also a point of dispute, and we won't be able to truly tell until an apt amount of medical advances are made.
5. The Gerontology Research Group at https://grg.org/ should host or at least link to a few articles or publications relating to Gerontology.
6. Again, unpredictable, but if any of the currently living supercenteneranians are to pull it off, Tanaka has the best chance. When she took the spot of oldest living person, people noted how healthy she seemed for her age.

Thanks for all these answers, I’m gonna search on the gerontology research group !

ALready posted.

On 01/02/2020 at 21:01, JeffreyTheSuperSnail said:

There are now 50 people verified to have reached the age of 115 with Shigeyo Nakachi's birthday today.

EDIT: Only 3 of which were male, if you were curious.

Shigeyo Nakachi dead from liver failure. I'll search for a link.

• Like 3

On 05/01/2021 at 14:39, Spade_Cooley said:

She was also born over a year before Alexei, Tsesarevich of Russia and heir to the throne of the Russian empire. Alexei and the Russian imperial family were killed in july 1918.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

One of Ireland's oldest men if not already oldest man at 107 talks about surviving the Spanish Flu and looking forward to getting his Covid jab and celebrating his 108th Birthday 

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0111/1188898-kerry-man-107/

So he’s still drinking, too.

17 hours ago, drol said:

Shigeyo Nakachi dead from liver failure. I'll search for a link.

Here's one. She had been circling the drain for the last year.