Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Kane Tanaka is now 118 years and 54 days (exactly two years older than Jiroemon Kimura, oldest ever verified man).

• Like 3

At 118 years old, the world's oldest living person is preparing to carry the Olympic torch this May in Japan.

Kane Tanaka, who has twice survived cancer, lived through two global pandemics and loves fizzy drinks, will take the flame as it passes through Shime, in her home prefecture of Fukuoka.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/04/sport/japan-supercentenarian-olympic-torchbearer-hnk-intl/index.html

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

At 118 years old, the world's oldest living person is preparing to carry the Olympic torch this May in Japan.

Kane Tanaka, who has twice survived cancer, lived through two global pandemics and loves fizzy drinks, will take the flame as it passes through Shime, in her home prefecture of Fukuoka.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/04/sport/japan-supercentenarian-olympic-torchbearer-hnk-intl/index.html

Interesting point to note from the article – Tanaka's grandson states that she is aiming to beat Jeanne Calment's longevity record. :o #GoKane

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Interesting point to note from the article – Tanaka's grandson states that she is aiming to beat Jeanne Calment's longevity record. :o #GoKane

So am I, I just have further to go.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I'm sure we've had this chat hereabouts already but it doesn't lend itself too easily to the rudimentary search tools

Am I right in believing that there's no verified person who has died aged 118 (i.e.; that everyone verified to reach that age lived to be at least 119)?

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

I'm sure we've had this chat hereabouts already but it doesn't lend itself too easily to the rudimentary search tools

Am I right in believing that there's no verified person who has died aged 118 (i.e.; that everyone verified to reach that age lived to be at least 119)?

That is correct.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That is correct.

Cheers - I'll quit posting assertions whilst I'm ahead

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, time said:

So am I, I just have further to go.

Reminds me of the Steven Wright quote, “I aim to live forever. So far, so good.”

2 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Reminds me of the Steven Wright quote, “I aim to live forever. So far, so good.”

Someone on here had that as there sig back in the day.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Well you learn something new every day! I didn't realise Steven Wright was who that came from. I hear people saying it all the time so always just assumed it was somebody like Oscar Wilde.

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Well you learn something knew every day! I didn't realise Steven Wright was who that came from. I hear people saying it all the time so always just assumed it was somebody like Oscar Wilde.

I was in a Zoom quiz in lockdown 1 and we had a round on famous quotes. When the answer to this quote was revealed, one of the participants said “What, the old bloke on Radio 2?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, time said:

Someone on here had that as there sig back in the day.

:referee:

I expected better from you.

8 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I was in a Zoom quiz in lockdown 1 and we had a round on famous quotes. When the answer to this quote was revealed, one of the participants said “What, the old bloke on Radio 2?”

And definitely not the Suffolk Strangler either!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

And definitely not the Suffolk Strangler either!

“I intend to live forever. As for you though, commiserations.”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

:referee:

I expected better from you.

Autocorrect innit.

(Actually, an honest mistake, and I'm mortified).

(Well, not mortified exactly. Embarrassed, perhaps)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Ellen Goodwill, believed to have been the oldest resident of Michigan, has died. She was 114.

https://www.woodtv.com/news/kzoo-and-bc/battle-creek-woman-dies-a-month-after-114th-birthday/

https://gerontology.wikia.org/wiki/Ellen_Goodwill

Back when I was super interested in supercentenarians in late 2017 or so, I decided to pick 20 random 110-year-olds and check in on them periodically. They were:

Miriam Moore - 28th Jan 1907
Ellen Goodwill - 2nd Feb 1907
Sumie Yabune - 5th Feb 1907
Rosalie Esposito - 11th Feb 1907
Kameo Oya - 12th Feb 1907
Thelma McLeod - 13th Feb 1907
Christine Hoscheid - 16th Feb 1907
Herbert Engle - 18th Feb 1907
Lillian Cox - 22nd Feb 1907
Masae Uchiyama - 27th Feb 1907
Maria Branyas Morera - 4th Mar 1907
Marguerite Bailly - 6th Mar 1907
Hide Morokuma - 10th Mar 1907
Sally Ellis - 14th Mar 1907
Rosena Hankerson - 16th Mar 1907
Anna Medwenitsch - 17th Mar 1907
Icie Clark - 19th Mar 1907
Tame Yamaguchi - 20th Mar 1907
Helen Turner - 1st Apr 1907
Merle Phillips - 2nd Apr 1907

Maria Branyas Morera (who survived Covid!!) is now the only one left.

• Like 3

On 05/03/2021 at 17:57, Ulitzer95 said:

If Kane is Abel to beat Calment's record.. Well, that woud be biblical.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think that she has the chance of surpassing calment, but knauss is catchable

• Like 2

On 05/03/2021 at 17:37, torbrexbones said:

I noticed she is wearing a nasal cannula, must have some lung issue. Maybe not surprising at 118, but I thought she also looks a bit worse compared to the last photos I saw of her.

Lucille randon is, since wednesday, the 9th oldest person ever. She took Misao Okawa (1898-2015) spot and is 52 days away to take the 8th place, still detained by Chiyo Miyako (1901-2018) : will she be able to do so ? Time will tell  

• Like 2

I wonder what's keeping her so lucid.

She has a bit of the "I like to fuck on the first date" look about her.

egh6tswfg6ky5ef2pvac2na5cq.jpg.0aad8935cd2dff7e5a3b90f887c3f534.jpg

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1