Mr Stats

World's Oldest

5 hours ago, Seppuku said:

I noticed she is wearing a nasal cannula, must have some lung issue. Maybe not surprising at 118, but I thought she also looks a bit worse compared to the last photos I saw of her.

Yes that's after she was ill in January and probably kept the cannula.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2021 at 16:53, alt obits guy said:

Ellen Goodwill, believed to have been the oldest resident of Michigan, has died. She was 114.

https://www.woodtv.com/news/kzoo-and-bc/battle-creek-woman-dies-a-month-after-114th-birthday/

Irene Dunham became Michigan's oldest living resident, the sixth oldest resident in the U.S. and the 22nd oldest living person in the world, according to records from the Gerontology Research Group, a group of researchers that verifies and tracks supercentenarians.

It isn't her only distinction of note.

Dunham has lived through the Great Depression, both World Wars and now, two pandemics. She is also the oldest surviving student of the Bath Consolidated School before it was bombed in 1927 in the deadliest act of school violence in America.

SC

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Nasser Bin Abdullah Al Hillel, Saudi Arabia's oldest muezzin, dead at 118. Take 20 years away from that age and you'll get a more realistic result.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, drol said:

Nasser Bin Abdullah Al Hillel, Saudi Arabia's oldest muezzin, dead at 118. Take 20 years away from that age and you'll get a more realistic result.

Leave it where it is and we've got the first certified death in history of a 118 year old. That said, it's only their own nationals and the regional press currently taking his age-claims seriously

Ireland's oldest man at 107 Michael O'Connor receives his second Covid Vaccine Jab

Got the Spanish flu when he was about 5 or 6 and hadn't been expected to survive

41 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Ireland's oldest man at 107 Michael O'Connor receives his second Covid Vaccine Jab

Got the Spanish flu when he was about 5 or 6 and hadn't been expected to survive

I don't expect him to survive much longer either.

From the "Oldest people alive as of 11th of February 2021" list the first one out of the 14 listed is dead: https://www.blogdomatuto.com.br/pages/artigo.php?p1=39248-familiares-lamenta-o-falecimento-de-dona-diolinda-de-114-anos-uma-das-mulheres-mais-idosa-da-cidade-de-gravata

Unvalidated Diolinda Maria da Conceicao died already on 4th of March. Claimed to be 114 and she did look like it. Died six days before her possible 115th birthday. If confirmed, she would've been the 7th oldest person alive at the time of her death.

Also: longevity claimant Julia Amelia da Conceicao (same surname) died yesterday at the claimed age of 115, near her "116th":

https://www.miseria.com.br/ultimas-noticias/cariri/morre-em-juazeiro-perto-dos-116-anos-a-mulher-mais-idosa-do-ceara/

• Like 2

On 10/02/2021 at 20:50, arghton said:

5. Antonia da Santa Cruz (born 21th June 1905) 115 years

Was vaccinated for COVID at the end of last month, looks great for 115:

a_jog.png.c33ae854a732f7d0f2faff434a6578bb.png

• Shocked 1

On 27/12/2020 at 19:13, arghton said:

Portugese brothers Albano and Alberto Andrade got to 111 (Albano) and 109 (Alberto) this month and therefore reached the combined age of 220.

Here's an old video of them:

By the way, is there any information on how much Alberto weights? He's much larger than any centenarian I've ever seen.

Albano is the second oldest person in his country (oldest confirmed and only validated supercentenarian) and Alberto is the fifth oldest person in Portugal. Their parents got to 96 and 95 and have atleast two other centenarians in their family (sister's children). That's what I'd call great genes.

• Like 1

Another Brazilian possible supercentenarian dead at 114:

https://tribunamulungu.com.br/2021/04/02/morre-em-paulo-afonso-aos-114-anos-dona-inocencia-mulher-mais-velha-da-bahia/

Another of these Brazilian women who appear out of nowhere and say they're 110+, usually claim to be born 1906.

An annoying case that has been bothering me for the last few days is this Greek woman Eleftheria who claims to have been born on 12th of April 1903. I'd say that she's probably atleast 15 years less.

The current top 10 validated oldest people seem to be indestructible.

• Like 2

Kane Tanaka has been oldest living person for 1000 days.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Donald said:

Kane Tanaka has been oldest living person for 1000 days.

Kane of a Thousand Days

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hester Ford, the oldest living American, has died. She was 115 or 116. Her family said she was born in 1904, but she is validated as having been born August 15, 1905.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/features/producers-picks/hester-ford-dies-at-116/275-fec0a906-3788-4199-b3d8-11d85f73bd03

https://gerontology.wikia.org/wiki/Hester_Ford

• Like 3

741967034_Nyttkuva2021-04-30191959.png.321d1d305970732cfc37f6f34e63590d.png

Found this on the internet, a new gallery of the 9 oldest people alive. The pictures of Tanaka, Juniewicz, Ligny, dos Santos and Randon are new, pictures of Sutcliffe and Bot are from 2019.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arghton said:

Found this on the internet, a new gallery of the 9 oldest people alive. The pictures of Tanaka, Juniewicz, Ligny, dos Santos and Randon are new, pictures of Sutcliffe and Bot are from 2019.

A real rogues gallery if ever I saw one.:D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, arghton said:

Fuck sake, Tinder's offers are truly toxic tonight - I'll down a couple of whiskies instead!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, arghton said:

We are certain that No.7 is Thelma Sutcliffe and not Donald J Trump?

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

We are certain that No.7 is Thelma Sutcliffe and not Donald J Trump?

How is that Donald Trump? 

• Like 2

As of today, Kane Tanaka is 118 years old and 118 days :) 

• Like 1

Tava Colo, supposedly 118 years old, and so the oldest person living, now dead:

https://la1ere.francetvinfo.fr/mayotte/tava-colo-la-mahoraise-doyenne-de-france-s-est-eteinte-a-l-age-de-118-ans-997528.html

The age wasn't commonly accepted though because of doubtful documents.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Tava Colo, supposedly 118 years old, and so the oldest person living, now dead:

https://la1ere.francetvinfo.fr/mayotte/tava-colo-la-mahoraise-doyenne-de-france-s-est-eteinte-a-l-age-de-118-ans-997528.html

The age wasn't commonly accepted though because of doubtful documents.

do you think she could have been older than Kane Tanaka ? her identity card tells she was born on the 22nd of December 1902 but as she was registrated by religious rather than officials, gerontologists didn't accept her… I believe she could have been 118 has she claimed, for once !

11 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

do you think she could have been older than Kane Tanaka ? her identity card tells she was born on the 22nd of December 1902 but as she was registrated by religious rather than officials, gerontologists didn't accept her… I believe she could have been 118 has she claimed, for once !

Hm, it could be possible, but unlikely?