Mr Stats

World's Oldest

9 minutes ago, arghton said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16819524/oldest-ever-human-francisca-susano-dies/

Filipino WOP claimant Francisca Susano dead at "124"

I think that article gets top marks as the worst tabloid piece I've read in a while. Riddled with mistakes throughout it. I expect nothing less from The Sun and their gutter journalism.

It says John Tinniswood, 109, is the UK's oldest person. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arghton said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16819524/oldest-ever-human-francisca-susano-dies/

Filipino WOP claimant Francisca Susano dead at "124"

Always fascinated about claims and frauds in the supercentenarian field ! Why in this case isn’t she validated ? a simple question as I doesn’t have time to make further research about here rn 

Anonymous woman living in Hyogo, Japan was validated as 11th oldest person alive. She is 114 years and 212 days.

There are now 11 people alive in the top 100 oldest validated ever.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2

On 11/11/2021 at 22:49, arghton said:

https://www.militarytimes.com/military-honor/salute-veterans/2021/11/11/the-oldest-living-wwii-veteran-now-112-wants-to-be-remembered-as-a-good-soldier/

Checked the latest news on Lawrence Brooks...

lawrencebrooks.png.134afa83622dca84b6a8c83382fd1a34.png

He's declined really fastly during the last two months (especially during the last weeks), went from being able to stand properly to a wheelchair in september/october and now seems to be bedbound "spending his last days" home with his family. Picture from the 4th of November.

Lawrence Brooks was still well enough to speak with Biden on the phone a week ago.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2

16 hours ago, arghton said:

Lawrence Brooks was still well enough to speak with Biden on the phone a week ago.

But was Biden well enough to speak to Brooks?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, The Watcher said:

But was Biden well enough to speak to Brooks?

He was well enough to beat the orange monkey a year or so ago. 

Can manage a phone call.

• Like 4

Yoshi Baba enters top 100 oldest verified people ever, so there are now 12 living people in the top 100.

• Like 4

Kane Tanaka only 20 days away from her 119th birthday...LOL I hadn't ever thought that she would make it that far.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

On 31/08/2021 at 18:58, Ulitzer95 said:

Bobigny City Hall have no death record for this person.

Robert Young explains here that the case is likely a disappeared person scenario whereby the person has been officially declared dead. Supposedly not all that rare. There's a list of other such cases here.

So likely the individual in question died years ago.

I’ve just contacted the city hall of Bobigny to have more information which I hadn’t because I didn’t dare to. I wait for further explanation. I won’t let go till I’m certain he died years ago. Yes, I’m a bit obsessed. 

On 12/12/2021 at 16:31, Hanzem said:

Kane Tanaka only 20 days away from her 119th birthday...LOL I hadn't ever thought that she would make it that far.

So, unless some statto intervenes and cites evidence to the contrary Kane would maintain a tradition on 2 Jan, then

There's no verifiable instance of a person who has died aged 118, right?

• Like 1

Cecile Klein, 114 years 181 days, Canadian women enters top 100. 13 now living in top 100 oldest women ever.

• Shocked 2

Just found this video about Jean Teillet, oldest man alive in the 1970’s who died in 1977 at 110. He is 108 in this video but looks and sounds like a 80yo man. Incredible, a must watch, even if you don’t understand french

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

On 01/11/2021 at 22:27, arghton said:

Picture from Italian-born Brazilian supercentenarian Delio Venturotti's (25 Oct 1909-) 112th birthday, a week ago.

He's one of the seven (less or more) living men born before 1910 with:

Saturnino de la Fuente Garcia (11 Feb 1909-) Spain

Ivo Gomes Barbosa (15 May 1909-) Brazil

Juan Vicente Perez Mora (27 May 1909-) Venezuela

Marcel Meys (12 July 1909-15 Dec 2021) France

Geraldo de Jesus (2 Aug 1909-) Brazil

Lawrence Brooks (12 Sept 1909-) United States

and Venturotti, all 112.

Geraldo de Jesus is bedridden but lucid, Saturnino is in a wheelchair. The others seem to still be able to stand, Brooks could stand on his 112th without any aid.

Updated for the death of Marcel Meys. Apparently died from covid.

Not sure if Ivo Gomes Barbosa is still alive, there hasn't been anything on him for a while. Lawrence Brooks made a miracle recovery from his unknown illness in November (he was said to have "days to live") and has now said that he wants to make it to 113.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Now the new oldest man in France is André Boite, born 6 December 1910

Currently doing very well at staying out of a box.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There have been 31 consecutive World's Oldest Living Persons from 1999 to 2021 who failed to make it to 118. If both Tanaka and Randon are still living on February 11, we'll have a person aged 118 who's not even the WOP

• Like 2

On 25/10/2020 at 15:53, arghton said:

Brazilian longevity claim Olimpio Martins Pires died a couple of days aged 112/110 (or something less)

https://gerontology.wikia.org/wiki/Olimpio_Martins_Pires

Currently alive longevity claimers are, atleast:

Billafunda (Siddha) Sayadaw U.Kowida who claims to be 1112 years old. I'd say remove around 1012 years and you'd get a more realistic age.

Maria Lucimar Pereira who claims to be 130. Remove around 50 years to get the actual number?

Alimihan Seyiti who claims to be 134. Doesn't look a day over 100.

Stephen Wright who claimed to be 119 but is apparently "only 108". If that is how old he actually is.

Also confirmed supercentenarian Julio Cesar Mora died three days ago aged 110. Was known for his and his wife's combined age of 215.

Well, Alimihan Seyiti dead at 135.

• Like 4

After Irene Dunham's 114th birthday there are 16 validated living 114+-year-olds, a new record.

Also, Yoshi Otsunari turned 115, so there are two 115+ people (Tanaka and Otsunari) in the same Japanese prefecture (Fukuoka). Tanaka and Otsunari are oldest validated people ever in Fukuoka.

• Like 2

On 16/12/2021 at 10:15, arghton said:

Lawrence Brooks made a miracle recovery from his unknown illness in November (he was said to have "days to live") and has now said that he wants to make it to 113.

lawrencebrooks.png.342846d9644fb444a9a160a5e57fb229.png

Picture from a video from here. Can't really say he's made a recovery but I'm suprised he's made it this far as in November he was reported to be spending his "last days at home"

11 minutes ago, Hanzem said:

Tanaka is reportedly ill 

According to Robert Young two of the world top three are currently gravely ill, and sounds like imminent death.

• Shocked 1

Here's the post from Young, 31st of December:

And to be direct, I'll put it this way: two of the world's top three are receiving treatment beyond normal daily medical care. You can figure out what that means.

End of a small era when it happens. I hope Tanaka makes it to 119, getting to the age Knauss was doesn't seem very likely.

• Like 1